Russia WCQs - Uzbekistan - Iran. ; Oct 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Russia WCQs - Uzbekistan - Iran. ; Oct 2016

Was a calculated, no nonsense game plan that didn't risk much and relied on some measured occasional attacks that didn't compromise our control over the midfield.
    We were pretty much in control of the game and really denied the Uzbeks of any serious venue to threaten us.

Not the kind of performance that would attract and dazzle the neutrals. But safe and stable enough. Especially for an away game, was the right plan.

We also saw CQ had a strategy and slight nod to our next game vs. Korea, with a few switches in the starting line up. Keep Azmoun, JB and Ando fresh for a game where control of midfield is key(Ando) and where the opponents' suspect defense (Azmoun) especially in width (JB) will provide good opportunities for us.

We could have come out with better margin had some of our attackers used sense and a bit of sacrifice. Especially Taromi who increasingly is showing we ought to be looking elsewhere for a reliable striker alternative.
    And had Azmoun had the sense to pass instead of trying to showboat after a nice counterattacking team move that saw some tight passing between players, we would have seen another goal or two.

I jut don't know what exactly post Hajsafi was operating. Was it LM? With Amiri already as LW? Perhaps a CM. it looked weird. But the mere fact that he was used at midfield instead of defense, shd be applauded.

RGN is a very classy player and Azmoun can certainly learn a lot from him. Loved one of his deft touches that fooled three defenders with the slightest of controls with outside the boot that sent the ball into opponent box. Simple, yet brilliantly done.

EZ showing a good performance against a physical team shows he's settled into his role. Which is simply marvelous news for us.

We really didn't miss Montazeri as EZ and PAG/Hosseini trio did a great job of mopping up threats from middle and depth. And our fullbacks looked competent enough to block most of the uzbeks' forays. The few that got through, the trio cleaned up competently.

The away three points is a very crucial issue that will surely help us in the long run. We need a couple of away wins to cement our qualification.
    My only gripe is seeing the lowly Syrians winning in China. Something that we shd have done with ease and with a good margin

This just quickly in before the Cardinals @ 49ers NFL game starting in few mins. (a swicth between Soccer and NFL and back and forth is good for brain and mind I believe )

Thanks for the thread and sum up, which I agree with totally.
    I was most impressed by the overall defensive work and having Hosseini in the line up makes a whole lot of difference, you feel somewhat safe with his leadership in the back.

This will hopefully transform in the neccessary moral boost for SKorea game, the hardest one for us!

now go 49ers!!!!
    CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Working...
    X