No announcement yet.

Alexander Nouri @ Werder Bremen 16/17 [coach]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just hope Nouri can bring at least 1-2 Iranians to Bremen with him...

Comment

And Werder bremen have completed the deals of delaney, and augustinsson from Copenhagen. Two quality players (especially delaney). Should help Werder a lot. Plus they kept hold of Serge Gnabry until summer at least. Hope they can do well in the second half of the season, finish mid table.

Comment

How have I missed this thread this entire time.

Pretty impressive and cool to see an Iranian coach a club in a top league!

Comment

Btw, he lost to Bayern only by 1 goal, the full time score was 2-1

Comment

Nouri on being denied immigration to US:

First and foremost, I am a coach and not a politician. To mix sport and politics is always difficult, but what happened in the last days and weeks affects me a lot. In sports, the US president would probably get a red card for unsporting behaviour. I have great confidence in our policy and am concerned about how our democratic achievements of recent decades have just been trampled on. Not only in the USA. No democratically minded person is allowed to accept other people being judged and punished. Due to the most recent decisions a I am currently not allowed to fly to the USA due to my dual citizenship. The country (US) and the people gave me a lot during my stays. Now I am concerned about family and friends there. Since currently no friendlies with the SV Werder Bremen in the USA are planned, it will not affect my work for the time being. My full concentration applies to the BuLi and our success. But I think it is right and absolutely necessary to say something about it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comm..._being_denied/

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

Mainz 0-2 Werder

Nouri finally picks up a win, but they're still very close to the relegation zone. Still a very positive result however.

Comment

Wolfsburg 1-2 Werder Bremen

Nouri escapes the relegation zone.

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

serge gnabry is a real gem for him. Basically carrying bremen atm. Cant believe we let him go and kept fucking walcott...

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                    serge gnabry is a real gem for him. Basically carrying bremen atm. Cant believe we let him go and kept fucking walcott...
                    That's a bit harsh, Walcott has been decent this season. Arsenal's biggest problem right now is the man in your profile name

Comment

Originally posted by TheWheels View Post
                      That's a bit harsh, Walcott has been decent this season. Arsenal's biggest problem right now is the man in your profile name
                      I have wanted to change my profile name for two years now, specifically remove the "t" But yes, part of arsenals problem is that players like walcott, ramsey, etc have been given way too many chances, simply for being british. A talent like gnabry is rare, and wenger let him go like he was worthless. Arsene, the board, and owner are the bigger problem. Nobody pressures wenger for real results, and thus wenger isnt forced to reinvent himself and his tactics. Arsenal are still catastrophic without the ball as always, and I agree with you this is mainly arsenes fault.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                        I have wanted to change my profile name for two years now, specifically remove the "t" But yes, part of arsenals problem is that players like walcott, ramsey, etc have been given way too many chances, simply for being british. A talent like gnabry is rare, and wenger let him go like he was worthless. Arsene, the board, and owner are the bigger problem. Nobody pressures wenger for real results, and thus wenger isnt forced to reinvent himself and his tactics. Arsenal are still catastrophic without the ball as always, and I agree with you this is mainly arsenes fault.
                        The funniest part is that Arsenal can be a deadly team under a good manager and a better medical staff becauae they have good players. Think it's only a matter of time before things get better though with Arsene close to leaving.

Comment

Alexander Nouri adds another win to his record today. Werder 2-0 Damstadt, you know he's starting to look like a real deal. Great start for the first ever Iranian coach in a top European league.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWheels View Post
                            Alexander Nouri adds another win to his record today. Werder 2-0 Damstadt, you know he's starting to look like a real deal. Great start for the first ever Iranian coach in a top European league.
                            Thanks for update TheWheels

Comment

Tehranto and TheWheels getting along? ITS A MIRACLE

Comment

I'm happy for him. Would be great to have an established Iranian coach in the Bundesliga. He is not yet over the mountain though.

So far he only has achieved what his predecessor Skripnik had achieved at this point. Turning things around after being installed and ending the season on a positive note. After that however he was struggling hard, miraculously avoiding relegation the following season, and struggling in the following season right on, untill being replaced by Nouri. Bremen fans are sick and tired of struggling and the voices asking for a big experienced coach are very loud there.

So granted Nouri will have avoided relegation by end of this season, it will be the first step only to become a successful coach. The real challenge will start the following season, where he must pull off a safe and secure season, not struggling, in order to convince people. Then he will have established himself in the circle of the above average German coaches. And if he can repeat that 1-2 seasons more, returning Bremen to the upper third of the league, he will be set for good.

Then he will be the first world class Iranian football coach ever.
                                This will also be the blueprint all Iranian coaches will have to achieve in order to be entitled to coach Team Melli one day.

Comment

Working...
                                X