This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zamboor View Post
    has anyone ever thought that maybe media is just making a big thing out of nothing to get viewers seeing how Saman is a hot topic?
    Explain. Since you live in IKEA country.

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
      Explain. Since you live in IKEA country.
      His teammate got invited, they want to make a big thing out of it, saman is hot as fuck right now mix him in to the story, make some qeustions regarding him and boom generate clicks.

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
        i also have a strong feeling that him and his dad got dicked with by the goons IFF before/during the whole SK and Syrian game spell...!! and his reception in TM practice and iranian media was mixed, and lukewarm at best, hence another reason why he may have been tempted into reconsideration ..???
        I don't buy that, he was warmly welcomed by Dejagah, Azmoun and JB, three players who actually are his main rivals for a spot. For the rest he still has some communication issue and not all speaks English, so it takes some time.

Comment

He was born in Sweden, had Swedish tax money contribute to his upbringing, and was developed through the Swedish football system. If anything, he'd be much more of "vatanfooroosh" to play for Iran than for Sweden.

Jesus, people... How you gonna get mad at Arabs for bringing in South American players for their national teams and then turn around and act like a person who never lived in Iran owes us something?

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
            He loved his time in TM... at least judging by what he said in interviews to Swedish media.
            off course, but he is a highly diplomatic, mature and witty interviewer & what he mentions in interviews isnt necessarily what really happened and Precisely whats on his mind..!!
            i go mostly by what i saw in tid bits of training videos and interviews that i saw during the last 2WCQs and other present innuendos ..!
            in training short vids, i mostly saw him bit isolated and based on his comments, highly doubt he got much of a welcome feeling from the entire TM squad, except select few whom he singles out in his interviews (Dejagha, Azmoun, ARJ &may be Haghighi?) and probably few indifferent others ..!!? All of which is somewhat understandable, after all, many of the others would rightfully view him ultimately envy him as a Late-entry in the mix who clearly had a great chance of snatching one of the Final 23 WC-traveling spots..!!
            then it was a Taj's interview during pre SK game training in which he apologetically mentioned how they had fked up the earlier promised travel arrangements for Saman's father to accompany his son there..!
            then him telling a story of how he had fallen sick on the flight to SK, which also hinted strongly to his most probable Kiri, cheap red-eye, travel arrangements which IFF had provided for him, in order to join TM at SK..!!?
            then it was how Ultimately IFF failed to attain his playing card in a timely fashion for him to possibly feature in at least one of those games..!! sure they blamed FIFA but ultimately those assholes knew the typical timing required for FIFA to do such a paperwork and highly doubt they initiated the quest for such paperwork as quickly as they were able ...!!?
            then off course it was that one on one Interview with him in the run up to syria game in Tehran, in which the somewhat asshole-ish interviewer went way over-board with his attempts to highlight Saman's somewhat limited farsi speaking deficiencies and trying to negatively spin some of his comments (such as the comment about how samman said that he was a nice guy off the pitch, but when entering the pitch he would turn into a serious competitor..!)
            and in general just the way interviewer tried to keep the tone of interview Tense and make him feel more nervous than he probably already was given his situation...!! in fact if it wasnt for Azmoun goof offs on the side, in order to lighten the mood of that interview, that interview coulda turned out a lot worse...!

Comment

I guess he will choose Sweden over Iran. Sweden has a good chance to advance to WC. I don't blame him if he chooses Sweden. IR didn't even let him play vs S.Korea or Syria. He trained with the team but he was not given the opportunity to shine.

Career wise playing for Iran is a suicide for him. Look at Deja for the reason. Whoever turn down a decent European NT team over Iran NT will be treated harshly there and may drop interest value in European leagues (viewers or local followers). Playing for Iranian NT has only drama and some pride and that is it. I know as matter of fact If I was in his shoes I would have turned CQ's offer down politely. (reason: I won't like to represent or play for Islamic Republic)
              Last edited by PersianLegion; 09-27-2017, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PersianLegion View Post
                I guess he will choose Sweden over Iran. Sweden has a good chance to advance to WC. I don't blame him if he chooses Sweden. IR didn't even let him play vs S.Korea or Syria. He trained with the team but he was not even the opportunity to shine.

He still had paper work issue i believe and plus he was really sick.

Comment

I guess he will choose Sweden over Iran. Sweden has a good chance to advance to WC. I don't blame him if he chooses Sweden. IR didn't even let him play vs S.Korea or Syria. He trained with the team but he was not even the opportunity to shine.
                  CQ said Saman's paperwork only became ready on the day of the Syria match, but he didn't play him just in case, for fear of being penalized by FIFA.

Comment

Saman will play for Iran. He is professional and patriotic enough to keep his commitment.

Comment

I go back to what Safari told him - which is that he regretted joining Sweden because they made him a scapegoat...
                      I think in the end he'll stick with TM.

Comment

I will respect his decision and wish him all the best, he seems to be a really good kid.

Comment

He gave his word to 80 million Iranians. He said he regrets not joining Team Melli before. He said a lot of things about wanting Iran over Sweden.

If he goes back on that, he's a liar and I cannot support a liar.

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
                            He gave his word to 80 million Iranians. He said he regrets not joining Team Melli before. He said a lot of things about wanting Iran over Sweden.

If he goes back on that, he's a liar and I cannot support a liar.
                            But I want to have a better Sweden team on my Fifa 2018 PS4. He has a good chemistry with Zlatan and it will add to their bonus points. How dare you?!

Comment

But I want to have a better Sweden team on my Fifa 2018 PS4. He has a good chemistry with Zlatan and it will add to their bonus points. How dare you?!
                              Ok first time it was funny maybe a bit too when Zamboor continued on his trolling but this ain’t funny anymore.
                              Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things and no good thing ever dies.

Comment

I guess he will choose Sweden over Iran. Sweden has a good chance to advance to WC. I don't blame him if he chooses Sweden. IR didn't even let him play vs S.Korea or Syria. He trained with the team but he was not given the opportunity to shine.

Career wise playing for Iran is a suicide for him. Look at Deja for the reason. Whoever turn down a decent European NT team over Iran NT will be treated harshly there and may drop interest value in European leagues (viewers or local followers). Playing for Iranian NT has only drama and some pride and that is it. I know as matter of fact If I was in his shoes I would have turned CQ's offer down politely. (reason: I won't like to represent or play for Islamic Republic)
                                Seems some of us feel the same:
                                http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...-play-for-Iran

I wish him the best in his career with whichever national team he chooses.

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

Working...
                                X