This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ali alipour View Post
    If Sasan Ansari with 5 goals in 6 games for Foolad isn't getting called up I don't see why Ghosdos with 7 goals in 24 would. By contact he probably just means small inquiries not a call up.
    You do make a really good point. We shouldn't neglect homegrown talent just because they play in the IPL.

It seems to me Saman thinks he would be a regular with with Sweden, and that they will make the World Cup in Russia.

It's possible for that to occur, but very unlikely.

Comment

Originally posted by littlepersia17 View Post
      You do make a really good point. We shouldn't neglect homegrown talent just because they play in the IPL.

It seems to me Saman thinks he would be a regular with with Sweden
      , and that they will make the World Cup in Russia.
      It's possible for that to occur, but very unlikely.
      Not unless he really steps his game up. The Swedish NT barely has any Allsvenskan players, all the national team players play abroad.

Originally posted by TheWheels View Post
      No we really don't have much better players than him. Amiri is trash, Dejagah isn't irreplaceable either.... we can really use someone like him.
      I'm glad that you're not a TM scout.

Amiri is trash but you are having an orgasm over this guy lol..

Comment

Originally posted by Camran khan View Post
        Not unless he really steps his game up. The Swedish NT barely has any Allsvenskan players, all the national team players play abroad.

I'm glad that you're not a TM scout.

Amiri is trash but you are having an orgasm over this guy lol..

Exactly, he doesn't think he's gonna be a regular anywhere. He's simply weighing his options after a break out season. Maybe he'll stay another year, maybe he'll move to bigger club in Sweden and prove himself further or maybe he'll move abroad. He definitely has offers.

No one ever said that he should start in any NT or that he is better than Ansari or anybody. Just simply that we have an Iranian player having a break out season that should possibly have the chance to get tested since his rise doesn't seem like a fluke. The boy can play and even though it might closer to home to play for the Swedish NT, he clearly has also strong ties to Iran posting stuff on social media and going to Team Melli game etc.

Right now, he's simply waiting to see which of these 2 great opportunities will provide him the prospect of furthering his footballing career. Sometimes we fans get to worked up about what's close to our hearts and don't get the fact that players have to figure in other aspects of life in to these decisions. Either way, it'll be exciting to follow his path and I'll root for him to succeed regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by Hormozgan View Post
          Exactly, he doesn't think he's gonna be a regular anywhere. He's simply weighing his options after a break out season. Maybe he'll stay another year, maybe he'll move to bigger club in Sweden and prove himself further or maybe he'll move abroad. He definitely has offers.

No one ever said that he should start in any NT or that he is better than Ansari or anybody. Just simply that we have an Iranian player having a break out season that should possibly have the chance to get tested since his rise doesn't seem like a fluke. The boy can play and even though it might closer to home to play for the Swedish NT, he clearly has also strong ties to Iran posting stuff on social media and going to Team Melli game etc.

Right now, he's simply waiting to see which of these 2 great opportunities will provide him the prospect of furthering his footballing career. Sometimes we fans get to worked up about what's close to our hearts and don't get the fact that players have to figure in other aspects of life in to these decisions. Either way, it'll be exciting to follow his path and I'll root for him to succeed regardless.
          Just to make it clear, I'm not saying that this guy shouldn't be invited, I'm just saying it's ridiculous saying Amiri is crap but then rave about players like Saman.

Comment

Just to make it clear, I'm not saying that this guy shouldn't be invited, I'm just saying it's ridiculous saying Amiri is crap but then rave about players like Saman.
            Let Amiri have one goal in the next match, and let Ghoddos have one bad match in a TM shirt and guys like TheWheels will flip their opinion.

One thing I cannot stand about the vast majority of Iranian fans is how hot and cold they are to everything. It's not even limited to football. Many of us seem to have this bipolar attitude to things. "Something was good for me today, great I love it!" "Oh, this thing isn't currently working for me? Piece of crap, never was good!"

Ghoddos isn't invited at the moment, and it doesn't seem he wants to join. Why are we arguing about this? When he is actually invited and accepts, we can argue Swedish league vs. IPL, etc.

We really don't know. He could come to Iran and be the best player because Swedish League is actually really tough, or he could come and play really poorly because his level is not there. We won't know until it happens. It may NEVER happen, so why are we arguing for days. As of now he isn't a TM player. Let's just wish him the best in his career, and maybe one day we will see him in a TM shirt.

Comment

CK how would you rate this player compared to our best available options in CAM? Is he better than the likes of Shojaei/Shojaeian/Rafiei or guys like Pahlevan, Tabrizi etc..?

Comment

Originally posted by Z Joon View Post
                CK how would you rate this player compared to our best available options in CAM? Is he better than the likes of Shojaei/Shojaeian/Rafiei or guys like Pahlevan, Tabrizi etc..?
                Honestly bro, I have no idea since I haven't been following him that closely. But I can pretty sure say he's not as good as Shojaei, and probably not as good as Rafiei either if he still is as good as I remember him. I haven't seen any of these guys play too much tbh, neither Saman, or the IPL players you mentioned, except for Shojaei.

Oh and this is not to say that the difference is that small (whether in who's favor)that I can't tell, but truly cause I haven't been following any of them closely to make that type of judgement.

I would really want to see Rafiei back in TM though, I liked what I saw of him in the Asian cup vs UAE and the few league/ACL games I've watched him in. That is if his form has not dropped.

Comment

Honestly bro, I have no idea since I haven't been following him that closely. But I can pretty sure say he's not as good as Shojaei, and probably not as good as Rafiei either if he still is as good as I remember him. I haven't seen any of these guys play too much tbh, neither Saman, or the IPL players you mentioned, except for Shojaei.

Oh and this is not to say that the difference is that small (whether in who's favor)that I can't tell, but truly cause I haven't been following any of them closely to make that type of judgement.

I would really want to see Rafiei back in TM though, I liked what I saw of him in the Asian cup vs UAE and the few league/ACL games I've watched him in. That is if his form has not dropped.
                  Something I've noticed from watching a handful of Saman's games is that he is technically gifted. He has similar skills to Shojaei (probably not on the same level), and he thrives in a leauge like Swedish league because a lot of times he is provided space. He would probably be a bigger standout on the Swedish NT than TM and I will tell you why.

Sweden plays in Europe where attacking and defending is usually more open and players have tons of space to go one-on-one with defenders.

Asia on the other hand is filled with teams that pack the box in defense. A technical player like Ghoddos will have a tougher time shining in an environment like that. It is very similar to Shojaei who often has issues playing packed defenses. When we play against teams that pack the box, I've noticed that CQ has chosen Dejagah to play, because Dejagah can hold up play and draw players to him then lay off the pass. Players like Shojaei and Ghoddos would do well against Korea, but in my opinion, they are not well suited for matches against Syria, Qatar, etc. Teams that put 10 men in the box. I don't think he is big enough or strong enough to hold up play as a CAM in Asia.

This is my opinion of course. I still think Hasegawa would have actually fit TM's style better than Ghoddos, although Ghoddos is likely the better player. Playing style is very important for any player to fit into a team.

Comment

Originally posted by Afat11 View Post
                    Something I've noticed from watching a handful of Saman's games is that he is technically gifted. He has similar skills to Shojaei (probably not on the same level), and he thrives in a leauge like Swedish league because a lot of times he is provided space. He would probably be a bigger standout on the Swedish NT than TM and I will tell you why.

Sweden plays in Europe where attacking and defending is usually more open and players have tons of space to go one-on-one with defenders.

Asia on the other hand is filled with teams that pack the box in defense. A technical player like Ghoddos will have a tougher time shining in an environment like that. It is very similar to Shojaei who often has issues playing packed defenses. When we play against teams that pack the box, I've noticed that CQ has chosen Dejagah to play, because Dejagah can hold up play and draw players to him then lay off the pass. Players like Shojaei and Ghoddos would do well against Korea, but in my opinion, they are not well suited for matches against Syria, Qatar, etc. Teams that put 10 men in the box. I don't think he is big enough or strong enough to hold up play as a CAM in Asia.

This is my opinion of course. I still think Hasegawa would have actually fit TM's style better than Ghoddos, although Ghoddos is likely the better player. Playing style is very important for any player to fit into a team.
                    Just to add regarding Ghoddos playing style:

When he played in Syrianska he was mostly utilized as a pacey and technical winger that would provide points. Östersund has a far more refined style of possession play where they shocked the league the first couple of fixtures where they outplayed some bigger teams because of their coach Graham Potter who implemented some interesting approaches in terms of tactics. They usually play 4-3-3, but they also switch it to 3-5-2 sometimes and Saman has been capable of playing LW/CAM/SS mostly.

He's been thriving in possession based football starting out left and cutting inside to score goals and/or unlock the play, find space and release a team mate. Clearly 2 different player in you compare with Amiri who opens space for other creators with his engine, counter attacks and threat of deep runs that pushes the back line. He is a much more on the ball type of player so to speak.

Comment

Just to add regarding Ghoddos playing style:

When he played in Syrianska he was mostly utilized as a pacey and technical winger that would provide points. Östersund has a far more refined style of possession play where they shocked the league the first couple of fixtures where they outplayed some bigger teams because of their coach Graham Potter who implemented some interesting approaches in terms of tactics. They usually play 4-3-3, but they also switch it to 3-5-2 sometimes and Saman has been capable of playing LW/CAM/SS mostly.

He's been thriving in possession based football starting out left and cutting inside to score goals and/or unlock the play, find space and release a team mate. Clearly 2 different player in you compare with Amiri who opens space for other creators with his engine, counter attacks and threat of deep runs that pushes the back line. He is a much more on the ball type of player so to speak.
                      This is a very insightful analysis.

Comment

I'd like to see Saman Ghoddos tested in Team Melli.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                          So basically he wants to use TM as back-up when he doesn't get a call up from Sweden.

I say no thank you Ghoddos, we are not the place for rejects. TM is not anything below Sweden NT, we have much better players than you.

But I don't really blame him though, he has been born and raised in Sweden. Let him hope for Sweden NT or whatsoever, just don't consider TM as "an option".

Don't like his arrogance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          No, we dont have any proof on anything and everything is just speculations made by members here blown out of proportions as we have seen before.

Comment

Originally posted by Zamboor View Post
                            No, we dont have any proof on anything and everything is just speculations made by members here blown out of proportions as we have seen before.
                            Bachayeh Sweden kheyli soosoolan.

No hope for them lol

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
                              Bachayeh Sweden kheyli soosoolan.

No hope for them lol
                              In that case, the same goes for you guys since Sweden and Canada are pretty much the same. Social welfare, winter landscapes and ice hockey

Comment

In that case, the same goes for you guys since Sweden and Canada are pretty much the same. Social welfare, winter landscapes and ice hockey
                                Tehranchos is Canadian? Just keep him away from Vancouver

Comment

Working...
                                X