This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Soorakhian View Post
    I think it is important to clarify that he does not say that he has been invited to TM. He is saying that he has received "förfrågningar" which rather suggests that they queried as to his status and interest to play for Iran. So people should not be so quick to jump to conclusions.
    thank you for a more precise translation..!!

so basically this Only Confirms that he is on the TM radar..!!
    Id have to see a full game or 2 from him to better judge his overall quality myself and how he would best fit into TM mold going forward, but he seems to be flourishing well and those little highlight reels from the Malmo game seem very encouraging..!

i think sometimes next year he may receive an Official TM Invite...!!? But if he approaches even such early inquiries by TM Staff with too much reservations, or god forbid even a hint of arrogance or disrespect, then Highly doubt he will be sought after more intently by TM going forward ..!!

he would be a fool to even contemplate reppin Sweden over Iran..!! even if invited by Sweden, he will alway be regarded as an overall unwanted outsider by swedish fans and will be afforded very little room for mistakes...! what happened to Behrang Safari should be good example of what awaits him then..

Comment

If at all CQ is interested, he should call this lad up for couple of friendlies AFTER syria game.
      I think it's a bit unfair to call the lad AFTER qualification. unfair to all the players who actually did the hard work of qualifying.

after syria game we'll have some gap which allows bringing in 1 or 2 new players and trying them out. But sill enough games left to help them work for their spot.

Comment

Why should this guy get a call up over Alex Samizadeh or Shaho Maroufi?
        "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Doust View Post
          Why should this guy get a call up over Alex Samizadeh or Shaho Maroufi?
          Shaho Maroufi is playing in the 2nd league of Switzerland and 23 years old already, he is not even up for discussion, if he transfers to a Swiss Super League club and becomes a regular there it is debatable to invite him.

Comment

The best opportunity to invite him to a camp is the Esfahan camp in December/January, if the camp is being held. Swedish league will be over by then and he would have time to be synced with TM, which is very important.

Comment

I don't really see why he should be invited or needed.

Comment

The only way I can see it being reasonable for him to be called up is if God forbid we have a few injuries. If we need to fill a few roster spots, I don't mind him being invited. If its just 2 injuries of Milad Mo and Biranvand, then I don't think he should or will be called up. If we have more injuries in some unlucky way, then it might be a good idea. I don't see it happening.

Comment

Saman is actually REALLY good. Got an inform for the goals he scored against Malmo, a regular CL team. A young player, fast, and a gifted dribbler…

If he rejected Iran's TM offer, which I still think he hasn't received, he's making a big mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
                    Saman is actually REALLY good. Got an inform for the goals he scored against Malmo, a regular CL team. A young player, fast, and a gifted dribbler…

If he rejected Iran's TM offer, which I still think he hasn't received, he's making a big mistake.
                    I hate to be a buzzkill, but has anyone noted that Malmo already won the league? There are 2 games left and Malmo even after losing to Ostersund have 63 points while the second place team has 56 points. Essentially, the league is already won for them.

I know some will not like hearing this, but I see this as if Iran lost to Syria in 2017 after already qualifying for WC and playing a weakened squad with little motivation. Would the Syrians then be really really good for beating us? I'm not by any means saying he is not a good player, he might be, but I wouldn't take this one game as confirmation that he is a superstar.

Watching the highlights, the play does not seem to be as high a quality as even the Dutch league. Sorry, but don't get all hyped that FIFA gave him a black card for this performance. It was admirable, but I don't think this was Malmo's usual self. Sadly, their season is almost over, so we cannot tell if his form can sustain.

I just think its strange that he hasn't had a standout performance like this until this late in the season. How many games out of 28 was he playing this well? These are important things to know. If he sustained this level of performance all season, then call him up. If he was just in the right place at the right time playing a weakened Malmo who already won the league, then we should be a bit more cautious. Call him up to a 60 man camp, definitely. It couldn't hurt. Don't call him up for Syria game unless absolutely necessary. I don't think it will be. The guy deserves a look, but we shouldn't jump the gun calling him a superstar based on this performance. It really doesn't tell us anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Afat11 View Post
                      I hate to be a buzzkill, but has anyone noted that Malmo already won the league? There are 2 games left and Malmo even after losing to Ostersund have 63 points while the second place team has 56 points. Essentially, the league is already won for them.

I know some will not like hearing this, but I see this as if Iran lost to Syria in 2017 after already qualifying for WC and playing a weakened squad with little motivation. Would the Syrians then be really really good for beating us? I'm not by any means saying he is not a good player, he might be, but I wouldn't take this one game as confirmation that he is a superstar.

Watching the highlights, the play does not seem to be as high a quality as even the Dutch league. Sorry, but don't get all hyped that FIFA gave him a black card for this performance. It was admirable, but I don't think this was Malmo's usual self. Sadly, their season is almost over, so we cannot tell if his form can sustain.

I just think its strange that he hasn't had a standout performance like this until this late in the season. How many games out of 28 was he playing this well? These are important things to know. If he sustained this level of performance all season, then call him up. If he was just in the right place at the right time playing a weakened Malmo who already won the league, then we should be a bit more cautious. Call him up to a 60 man camp, definitely. It couldn't hurt. Don't call him up for Syria game unless absolutely necessary. I don't think it will be. The guy deserves a look, but we shouldn't jump the gun calling him a superstar based on this performance. It really doesn't tell us anything.
                      they won the league yesterday, you cant underminde the östersund game because of that

Comment

Yeah, and they won the league because AIK lost against Göteborg as well. If AIK would've won, it would have been a lot more pressure on Malmö to get 3p etc.

Comment

Another new Swedish interview with Saman, since he's been a revelation this season for his team, where he gets asked about playing for Sweden or Iran:

Regarding Iran NT: "They have been in contact, but as of now I'd like to wait. That's what I've told them."

(Confirming some form of contact. Probably likes to wait to the season is over and see what happens in January since both NT's has training camps then).

"Since I'm born in Sweden and lived here all of my life it feels like the right thing to play for the Swedish NT, but I'm keeping both options open."

(As mentioned, he'll probably wait to see if he's included in the Swedish NT camp to see what the plan is there and if nothing it still doesn't tie him to the NT and can join Irans NT at a later date. Also, since it's with a Swedish media outlet you might want to give them an answer that opens the conversation rather than shut it down.)

--------------

Regarding Swedes in Iran; the big chunk of the population are kids of political prisoners and grew up in opposition homes. Even if they would love to put on the TM, they might not want to deal with something represented by the regime, wear that flag and deal with the hassles of that so called republic. Just a thought.

Comment

So basically he wants to use TM as back-up when he doesn't get a call up from Sweden.

I say no thank you Ghoddos, we are not the place for rejects. TM is not anything below Sweden NT, we have much better players than you.

But I don't really blame him though, he has been born and raised in Sweden. Let him hope for Sweden NT or whatsoever, just don't consider TM as "an option".

Don't like his arrogance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                              So basically he wants to use TM as back-up when he doesn't get a call up from Sweden.

I say no thank you Ghoddos, we are not the place for rejects. TM is not anything below Sweden NT, we have much better players than you.

But I don't really blame him though, he has been born and raised in Sweden. Let him hope for Sweden NT or whatsoever, just don't consider TM as "an option".

Don't like his arrogance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              No we really don't have much better players than him. Amiri is trash, Dejagah isn't irreplaceable either.... we can really use someone like him.

Comment

If Sasan Ansari with 5 goals in 6 games for Foolad isn't getting called up I don't see why Ghosdos with 7 goals in 24 would. By contact he probably just means small inquiries not a call up.

Comment

Working...
                                X