Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CQ has built a partnership of Azmoun and Taremi (as support striker/wing-forward) which looks solid. I don't think he would jeopardise this regardless of the form or league of these two players. The sum of these two parts is greater than the individual components at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
      CQ has built a partnership of Azmoun and Taremi (as support striker/wing-forward) which looks solid. I don't think he would jeopardise this regardless of the form or league of these two players. The sum of these two parts is greater than the individual components at the moment.
      While I agree with you on Azmoun and Taremi having a solid partnership, you could see CQ experimenting with quite different formations in those positions during the last friendlies against Venezuela and Panama. Both Ansarifard and Kaveh Rezaei were given lots of playing time. Add to that Taremi's lack of individual training with CQ, unlike the rest of the PGL based players and the inclusion of an in form Ghoddos, and it's not sure at all that the Azmoun-Taremi duo will remain.

There are a few players like Milad Mohammadi and Ezzatollahi who are given in all our lineups but CQ is the king of changing the others based on who we meet. I have a feeling we'll see different players/lineups in general in all our 3 WC games.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
        Not a chance Karim will be ahead of him in the pecking order and rightly so, Taremi is in a different class to him. Not that it matters anyway as Taremi fills a role Gucci and Karim can't but let's not get it twisted, Taremi hasn't earned his spot in TM just by fluke, he's proven he is good enough regardless of whether he plays in PGL or the only marginally better Qatar league.
        een
        Spot on..!
        Originally posted by Sly View Post
        While I agree with you on Azmoun and Taremi having a solid partnership, you could see CQ experimenting with quite different formations in those positions during the last friendlies against Venezuela and Panama. Both Ansarifard and Kaveh Rezaei were given lots of playing time. Add to that Taremi's lack of individual training with CQ, unlike the rest of the PGL based players and the inclusion of an in form Ghoddos, and it's not sure at all that the Azmoun-Taremi duo will remain.
        There are a few players like Milad Mohammadi and Ezzatollahi who are given in all our lineups but CQ is the king of changing the others based on who we meet. I have a feeling we'll see different players/lineups in general in all our 3 WC games.
        Good points too ..!
        Conclusion FTB
        Ghodos looks very likely to make the WC squad .... but still very much unclear that he’d be a regular starter in our 3 games or if he’d get significant minutes from the bench ..! ?
        He still has some assimilation & CQ football adaptations to make in the next few months.
        The untimely injury to Ashkan gives him a bit of an opening also, but that’s a tall order & tough positional transition..!
        I think for time being he is still battling the likes of Taremi & Amiri/ ansarifard for a Left winger attacker / secondary striker position heading into WC camps ..!

Comment

Basically, Queiroz is going to have a really bad headache. At least 3-4 good players will be dropped from the squad. Ghoochannejhad, Torabi/Amiri, Omid Ebrahimi/Kamal Kamyabinia, Montazeri, a keeper, all names who might not make it.

Comment

Originally posted by greenguy4life View Post
            Basically, Queiroz is going to have a really bad headache. At least 3-4 good players will be dropped from the squad. Ghoochannejhad, Torabi/Amiri, Omid Ebrahimi/Kamal Kamyabinia, Montazeri, a keeper, all names who might not make it.
            Why would Ebrahimi and Montazeri not make it ?

Did any magic players appear better than them?

Because Ebrahimi has been solid and consistently good for TM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Originally posted by KeonKish View Post
              Why would Ebrahimi and Montazeri not make it ?

Did any magic players appear better than them?

Because Ebrahimi has been solid and consistently good for TM.

Majid Hosseini, Rouzbeh Cheshmi etc are going to be battling for the remaining Centre back spots. Montazeri hasn't been playing much lately he's always injured.

I believe Ezzatolahi, Ali Karimi, Ahmad Abdollahzadeh, Ehsan Hajsafi will be in the WC squad. If Cheshmi goes as a centre back, considering he can also play CDM, Queiroz may drop a CDM to call up another winger or striking option. We'll see.

Comment

Majid Hosseini, Rouzbeh Cheshmi etc are going to be battling for the remaining Centre back spots. Montazeri hasn't been playing much lately he's always injured.

I believe Ezzatolahi, Ali Karimi, Ahmad Abdollahzadeh, Ehsan Hajsafi will be in the WC squad. If Cheshmi goes as a centre back, considering he can also play CDM, Queiroz may drop a CDM to call up another winger or striking option. We'll see.
                Has Majid even been called up?

AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Originally posted by KeonKish View Post
                  Has Majid even been called up?

Yeah he was in the last training camp, didn't make the final squad for the friendlies though. He's been training regularly with the recovery sessions. Been quite impressive in his recent games, never know.

Comment

I believe Ezzatolahi, Ali Karimi, Ahmad Abdollahzadeh, Ehsan Hajsafi will be in the WC squad.
                    You have a point and it may very well be the case. However, in my personal opinion, Omid Ebrahimi is a better player than Ali Karimi. I have probably watched Karimi having one great game for TM. He's a solid player but beside that one time, he's never impressed me in TM. I don't know why CQ prefers him over Ebrahimi. Not that the latter is our best CDM either but still..... maybe it's the height CQ goes after and Ehsan Haji Safi gets privileged because of his experience and versatility. I can't come up with any other reason to be honest.

Comment

You have a point and it may very well be the case. However, in my personal opinion, Omid Ebrahimi is a better player than Ali Karimi. I have probably watched Karimi having one great game for TM. He's a solid player but beside that one time, he's never impressed me in TM. I don't know why CQ prefers him over Ebrahimi. Not that the latter is our best CDM but still..... maybe it's the height CQ goes after and Ehsan Haji Safi gets privileged because of his experience and versatility. I can't come up with any other reason to be honest.
                      Sorry if we're going off topic. I think Ali Karimi is more of a deep lying playmaker similar to Ezzatolahi, whereas Omid Ebrahimi is more of an Anchor man or a traditional holding midfielder. Hajsafi and Abdollahzadeh are box to box. Dejagah, Shojaei, Ghoddos or whoever else plays is the attacking outlet in midfield.

I don't have a problem with Ebrahimi, great player, but for what we are trying to achieve, I think Querioz is looking for a player who can keep things ticking and make that killer pass from deep on the counter attack etc.

Comment

Yeah, sorry for getting off topics everyone.

I think Querioz is looking for a player who can keep things ticking and make that killer pass from deep on the counter attack etc.
                        Sure but you say Ali Karimi can really do that? As said, I've seen him with such a pass maybe once or twice in TM! I've seen more of that from Ebrahimi. but anyways.... I guess you're right about their types of player.

Comment

Yeah, sorry for getting off topics everyone.

Sure but you say Ali Karimi can really do that? As said, I've seen him with such a pass maybe once or twice in TM! I've seen more of that from Ebrahimi. but anyways.... I guess you're right about their types of player.
                          They might both be in the squad tbh, because Ezzatolahi is suspended. Glad I'm not picking the squad [emoji23].

Comment

Please use the following thread for additional Saman news. Thanks.

http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...s-FK-2017-2018

Comment

Working...
                            X