Clear All

Sammy joon for TM
    --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
    --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
    ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
    --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
    ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Östersunds up 2-0 against Helsingsborg, Ghoddos assisted the 1-0.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
        Östersunds up 2-0 against Helsingsborg, Ghoddos assisted the 1-0.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        How is he playing? Does he seem good enough for TM, and a match for the style we play if he were CAM?
        Twitter and Instagram: @aryo__hadi

ZendebadIran!

Comment

Originally posted by persiangooner View Post
          How is he playing? Does he seem good enough for TM, and a match for the style we play if he were CAM?
          He should definitely get called up, at least for a training camp. Especially since we might lose him to Sweden farther down the line if he transfers to a bigger club this winter.

Comment

Any of the swedish members know if he would rather play for Iran or Sweden? And is he full iranian (both parents)?
            Definately an interesting player.

Comment

Perhaps a Sweden based member can get Ghoddos in contact with PFDC to do an interview? Only then we will know for sure if he can play for Team Melli.

This guy is promising.

Comment

Ghoddos looks like an ideal player for CQ's counter attacking strategies. He has some pace, is dynamic, draws fouls and does his defensive duties.

Comment

I agree that it doesn't hurt to call him up for a friendly, but I honestly don't think he is good enough for Team Melli. This is his first season in the Swedish top flight (which itself is a very weak league).
                  We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

"Gather ye rosebuds while ye may, Old Time is still a-flying;
                  And this same flower that smiles today, Tomorrow will be dying."

flickr

Comment

Sweden is not as bad as many thinks. their are many players from that league who manages to go to big clubs, but for sure the players need to be one of the better players in the league to get that chance.

Originally posted by Haf3z View Post
                    I agree that it doesn't hurt to call him up for a friendly, but I honestly don't think he is good enough for Team Melli. This is his first season in the Swedish top flight (which itself is a very weak league).

Comment

Originally posted by Haf3z View Post
                      He's more than good enough to play for TM, and the Swedish league is better than our joke league.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWheels View Post
                        He's more than good enough to play for TM, and the Swedish league is better than our joke league.
                        Anyone can play for TM. The question is how we want to expect TM to play/perform. I've followed Swedish football for 20 years and based on my experience, there is a significant quality gap between international football and the Swedish league. Some players are good enough to play in bigger, international contexts, but the vast majority of players in Sweden are not. I still think Saman deserves a call-up to prove his qualities, but my assessment is that he's not qualitatively good enough to complete an Iranian midfield.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
                        We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

"Gather ye rosebuds while ye may, Old Time is still a-flying;
                        And this same flower that smiles today, Tomorrow will be dying."

flickr

Comment

Just take a look at Sweden's squad right now..
                          If you are no way near to making that squad (or even youth squads) I don't know why you could be a possible addition to TM then.
                          Saying the Swedish league is no joke because it has produced many stars is really a bad argument. Everybody has to start somewhere... but how many of those stars just started playing in that league when they were 23? Better yet, how many of those stars were still playing in that league by the age of 23?

I'm not saying there's no way in the world this guy could become TM material some day, what I'm saying is that that chance is really really small.
                          I also don't agree with the argument if you don't gain anything you don't lose anything. TM is no playing ground, it's a serious business and should be treated that way.
                          Only players that have or will have the potential to be TM material should be invited.

Comment

Players like this should be invited to the 30-40 player camps and be judged if they are good enough or not. The Italy camp would've been a good opportunity, but if he doesn't get invited even to those it's most likely that he's judged not ready yet, TM staff is usually pretty decent at scouting.

Some players are simply not good enough, like some of the past European, Swedish players mentioned here (Nouri I think? Yadolahi ect..), they are good just for a certain level like Iraq NT. TM should still monitor this dude regardless we never know

Comment

saw a couple of highlight vids of this dude on youtube and only semi impressed..!!
                              for a guy who played most of his career in EU, his overall approach seemed awful irani/sar-payeene, sorta foolhardy ..!! his ball distribution, MF vision and passing leaves me much more to be desired..!

on the plus side his gholdory and defensive zeal and decent size and stamina could well be attractive features for Carlos..!?

like Z said, these lot need first hand look by our coaching staff at our EU based training camps..!! that will be a good teller if they are worth the drama n hassles of an official call up..!

Comment

It is not particularly unusual to see mediocre players in Allsvenskan (swedish league) transfer to Eredivisie, 2. Bundesliga, Belgian Pro League, Danish Superliga, championship and even Serie A. A few goals and assists are usually enough to put yourself on the radar.

I think he can develop into a much better player than he is today. So, it doesn't hurt to test him in a friendly game.

Comment

Working...
                                X