This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
    Ghoddos is a good player, no question. But his heart and mind has to be in the right place (for TM), because we are a passionable team and no individual is above it. I don't think Saman has the gheyrat to play for TM, he rather waits for Sweden.
    I'm sorry, but I think this is blown way out proportion. Just because you have career decision in front of you and is still undecided doesn't mean you won't have so called gheyrat if and when you put on a TM jersey. It's not like you're either this or that.

A lot of these players consider their futures after these types of decisions whether it be career wise, exposure, proximity to family and/or what you consider home, culturally, tactically etc. I know I would. It doesn't mean that I wouldn't feel the power, spirit and gheyrat of the entire Achaemenid empire when actually putting on a TM kit and walk on the pitch.

Comment

I agree, he is a both swedish and iranian (one parent from each if im not mistaken) and grew up in sweden so he obviously has a swedish identity to him. He doesnt want to commit to anything before he knows what is really going on. For now, its not even confirmed that iran are actually after him. Imagine if he commits to us and were not after him at all and he blows his chance to go play for sweden! Lets not jump to conclusions about gheyrat and this and that. Instead just watch situation play out for a while. If he in fact manages to move to a bigger european league (probably dutch or belgian) or malmo or something then im sure we will provide legit interest

Comment

Just some updates in regards to Östersunds Silly Season that might change the course of Samans career choice:

- As mentioned before, one of their key players Alex Dyer has signed for a bigger club Elfsborg as bosman.

- Brwa Nouri was supposed to go to Djurgården and had a contract signed, but the Djurgården supporters protested with banners on the stands (since Nouri was brought up in fierce rivals AIK academy and is considered an AIK talent so to speak) so the management got cold feet and withdrew their contract. Now Djurgården has to financially compensate Nouri anyway. He's still a free agent. We'll see if he stays or not. Would mean a lot for Östersund.

- Former Sweden U21 and Genclerbirligi player Walid Atta leaves on free transfer and players such as Curtis Edwards, Stefan Karlsson, Douglas Bergqvist & Hosam Aiesh have not extended their contracts yet and could leave on free, while important players Fouad Bachirou & Jamie Hopcutt have extended for 3 years.

I would say since Dyer has left a lot depends on if Nouri stays and if the management can replace the departing players that have contributed. Otherwise we might see Saman go to a bigger club as well this winter.

Comment

Allsvenskan today:

https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comm...ing_relegated/

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

Originally posted by Hormozgan View Post
            Just some updates in regards to Östersunds Silly Season that might change the course of Samans career choice:

- As mentioned before, one of their key players Alex Dyer has signed for a bigger club Elfsborg as bosman.

- Brwa Nouri was supposed to go to Djurgården and had a contract signed, but the Djurgården supporters protested with banners on the stands (since Nouri was brought up in fierce rivals AIK academy and is considered an AIK talent so to speak) so the management got cold feet and withdrew their contract. Now Djurgården has to financially compensate Nouri anyway. He's still a free agent. We'll see if he stays or not. Would mean a lot for Östersund.

- Former Sweden U21 and Genclerbirligi player Walid Atta leaves on free transfer and players such as Curtis Edwards, Stefan Karlsson, Douglas Bergqvist & Hosam Aiesh have not extended their contracts yet and could leave on free, while important players Fouad Bachirou & Jamie Hopcutt have extended for 3 years.

I would say since Dyer has left a lot depends on if Nouri stays and if the management can replace the departing players that have contributed. Otherwise we might see Saman go to a bigger club as well this winter.
            Just to follow up this. According to Expressen Nouri has re-upped with Östersund: http://www.fotbolltransfers.com/site/news/71749

Comment

Östersund has just signed 2 new players: Johan Bertilsson (from Gefle) & Tom Pettersson (from IFK Göteborg). This is quite special since it's very unusual for a newcomer heading in to the second season to sign 2 very solid Allsvenskan veterans beating out bigger teams that were interested. Bertilsson scored 8 goals and assisted 9 in a relegated Gefle team and Tom Pettersson is a solid option in both defense and midfield. This might lead to Saman staying. We'll see.

Comment

He's been invited to the Swedish National Team...

Comment

It was always unlikely that he'd get called up to TM anyway with the wealth of good forwards we have ATM. not saying he is better or worse than what we got but CQ seems to be content. Still wish him the best, I'm interested to see how his sweedish NT career pans out.
                  Team Meli Iran
                  Perspolis FC
                  Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Don't give up just yet, he's not cap tied yet. Even playing in this friendly still gives him the chance to switch allegiances

Comment

Originally posted by greenguy4life View Post
                      He's been invited to the Swedish National Team...
                      To their senior team? Is he playing in an official match or something? We can still cap him as long as he doesn't play am official match for their senior team.

Comment

Originally posted by Kian B. View Post
                        To their senior team? Is he playing in an official match or something? We can still cap him as long as he doesn't play am official match for their senior team.
                        Yes to their senior team. Friendly games are not considered to be a competitive match so we can still call him up, this is for Sweden's friendly vs ivory coast. So yes we can still cap him but it is unlikely that will happen based on his comments about his NT career and his now inclusion in the Sweden NT squad
                        Team Meli Iran
                        Perspolis FC
                        Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

I thought the rules had changed. Doesn't O.Nazari now suit up for the Filipinos?
                          "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Doust View Post
                            I thought the rules had changed. Doesn't O.Nazari now suit up for the Filipinos?
                            No he just plays club football there. Plus he never played in a competitive match for TM. I know he played in WAFF tournament but I'm not sure if that was considered official or not given it is real small and sometimes takes place on non-FIFA days.
                            Team Meli Iran
                            Perspolis FC
                            Malavan Bandar Anzali

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                              No he just plays club football there. Plus he never played in a competitive match for TM. I know he played in WAFF tournament but I'm not sure if that was considered official or not given it is real small and sometimes takes place on non-FIFA days.
                              Apparently he plays in the Malaysian League now

Comment

That is Sweden squad with local league players. European legionnaires were not included in this list, so i highly doubt once everyone is included he still makes the list.

Comment

Working...
                                X