X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In other words, forget about him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Great summary. But you missed the first part where he says "that its hard. You want to play for a national team and make your parents proud"

I cant really blame him for whatever choice he makes. Its is a hard choice. I can totally relate to that. Like most of you members over here Im born and raised in another country, but love Iran and my heritage. However it feels like we second generation "immigrants" never belong anywhere. In sweden we are not enough swedish, and in Iran we are "bache oropayai"

That being said about the emotional part of it.

As far as it goes career-wise. Ghoddos just had his breakout season in Allsvenskan. And lets be honest playing for Iran is in most cases career-suicide, than your just one step away from gutterleague. Ofortunatetly thats how the political situation is in the world right now. As long as you are not korean or japanese.

I mean safari is an superavarage player, however by sticking to sweden he got far more exposure than he probably would ever do in Iran. Dejagah would probably be playing for Germany now if it weren't for politics, and for zandi, shahpourzadeh and the rest... well there careers went down the pipe as soon they made the swith to tm. The only example I can think of that has been sorta succesful is gucci, being great for and vital for TM and by a miracle somehow made it back to eredivise, but he will never been able to play back then for the netherlands, with van persie,huntelaar,robben, etc..

In conclusion I know you should choose country with your heart, however it is not an easy choice always given the whole picture. As an avid football fan that watches far more football than is probably healthy, and have followed TM since 96 (basically watched every game since then) my dream was allways to play for TM someday, but I cant swear I wouldnt consider Sweden if the opportunity was given. So whatever choice he makes I would still respect that and wish him all the best.

Anyways thats my 2 cents, sorry for the long rant, but hey haven't written here, in like forever hahhah. Almost all of my other few post were written by my brother

Comment

Originally posted by babben View Post
        Great summary. But you missed the first part where he says "that its hard. You want to play for a national team and make your parents proud"

I cant really blame him for whatever choice he makes. Its is a hard choice. I can totally relate to that. Like most of you members over here Im born and raised in another country, but love Iran and my heritage. However it feels like we second generation "immigrants" never belong anywhere. In sweden we are not enough swedish, and in Iran we are "bache oropayai"

That being said about the emotional part of it.

As far as it goes career-wise. Ghoddos just had his breakout season in Allsvenskan. And lets be honest playing for Iran is in most cases career-suicide, than your just one step away from gutterleague. Ofortunatetly thats how the political situation is in the world right now. As long as you are not korean or japanese.

I mean safari is an superavarage player, however by sticking to sweden he got far more exposure than he probably would ever do in Iran. Dejagah would probably be playing for Germany now if it weren't for politics, and for zandi, shahpourzadeh and the rest... well there careers went down the pipe as soon they made the swith to tm. The only example I can think of that has been sorta succesful is gucci, being great for and vital for TM and by a miracle somehow made it back to eredivise, but he will never been able to play back then for the netherlands, with van persie,huntelaar,robben, etc..

In conclusion I know you should choose country with your heart, however it is not an easy choice always given the whole picture. As an avid football fan that watches far more football than is probably healthy, and have followed TM since 96 (basically watched every game since then) my dream was allways to play for TM someday, but I cant swear I wouldnt consider Sweden if the opportunity was given. So whatever choice he makes I would still respect that and wish him all the best.

Anyways thats my 2 cents, sorry for the long rant, but hey haven't written here, in like forever hahhah. Almost all of my other few post were written by my brother
        I agree with most of your point but I don't see why it would be a career suicide to play for Iran either. Dejagah going to Al Arabi isn't a good exemple at all, as he himself decided to join a QSL team despite having multiple offers from top european leagues.

Comment

Originally posted by persiangooner View Post
          Don't blame him for preferring Sweden seeing as he's been born and raised there....I'm mixed-race and have pride in all of my blood but I still consider myself 'enough' of an Iranian. At the same time, I do understand the frustration with some that he doesn't truly want to play for TM as his priority. To put on the shirt and represent Iran you not only have to have the skills, but also the desire to play for the country's people. Will be interesting to see how this plays out...
          i agree..!! after his latest comment, this has all the makings of Dejagha to TM number 2...! watch this threat blow up to 200 pages now..!!
          imo, Birthplace plays the biggest role in a person's senses of belonging and generally stronger allegiances to that nation..!
          so like you i'm not too surprised nor bothered that much that he prefers repping Sweden over TM..!

yet, from purely football career perspective; i think he would be better off opting to play for TM..!

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
            In other words, forget about him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Kiarash dude why are you always ready to pull the trigger for crying out loud he never said never. He wasn't even negative about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Malavani View Post
              I agree with most of your point but I don't see why it would be a career suicide to play for Iran either. Dejagah going to Al Arabi isn't a good exemple at all, as he himself decided to join a QSL team despite having multiple offers from top european leagues.
              Thats true, however my point with dejagah, was that he would play probably play for the germany national team and maybe been in better club team now if it hadn't been for politics. Iran first came along after he realized that he would never be able to play for germany. And I was a bit rough by saying career suicide, but it just seems as soon as a foreignraised player chooses Iran, the clubcareer gets ruined, and eventually end up in the gutters, but this would not be the case with a korean or japanese, even though Iran has shown that we are in the same level, and even better.

Comment

Originally posted by babben View Post
                Thats true, however my point with dejagah, was that he would play probably play for the germany national team and maybe been in better club team now if it hadn't been for politics. Iran first came along after he realized that he would never be able to play for germany. And I was a bit rough by saying career suicide, but it just seems as soon as a foreignraised player chooses Iran, the clubcareer gets ruined, and eventually end up in the gutters, but this would not be the case with a korean or japanese, even though Iran has shown that we are in the same level, and even better.
                Dejagah was the only one who ever would have had a chance at Germany's national team.

The rest of the players were very fortunate to play for TM and get to be in a World Cup.

Comment

Dejagha also played the wishy washy diplomatic game until it became evident to him that he wasnt going to be called up to Germany WC14 Squad, then he chose Iran ..!
                  very difficult to say that his career hasnt benefited greatly from the international exposure provided to him by TM either..! the Gutter move was his own doing and TBH he may still play the rest of his career in europe and still not match the $$ he earned just chilling in gutter for couple of seasons....!
                  in fact of all the player examples "baben" mentioned, only Zandi's sudden sudden demise in his Kaiserslautern career after joining TM was suspicious..! but he still managed a decent football career for himself in ME and europe overall mostly because of international exposure with TM..! he was not good enough for Germany and there was very little chance of zandi being even a one time call up to German national team..!!
                  and Shahpoorzade was perhaps the least talented TM call up ever..!! granted the kid seemed a top-lad, class act with a very likable personality..!! He simply Was NOT good enough to be called up to almost any national team..!! im fairly certain that short time appearance in TM goes down as the most impressive thing in his football resume..!
                  what happened to Safari career is exactly why Samman should consider joining TM over Sweden national team..!! I'd imagine Behrang woulda been a sure lock-in @ TM LB/LW position for WC 14 and Well Beyond...!! as back then before pooladi era, CQ like many of his predecessors was struggling to find a halfway decent Left sided player, especially so defensively..! with a European nationality and a solid international presence in TM, he coulda/woulda been able to manange himself much more lucrative and impressive club career..!! definitely a much LONGER NATIONAL TEAM Career ..!!

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                    Dejagha also played the wishy washy diplomatic game until it became evident to him that he wasnt going to be called up to Germany WC14 Squad, then he chose Iran ..!
                    very difficult to say that his career hasnt benefited greatly from the international exposure provided to him by TM either..! the Gutter move was his own doing and TBH he may still play the rest of his career in europe and still not match the $$ he earned just chilling in gutter for couple of seasons....!
                    in fact of all the player examples "baben" mentioned, only Zandi's sudden sudden demise in his Kaiserslautern career after joining TM was suspicious..! but he still managed a decent football career for himself in ME and europe overall mostly because of international exposure with TM..! he was not good enough for Germany and there was very little chance of zandi being even a one time call up to German national team..!!
                    and Shahpoorzade was perhaps the least talented TM call up ever..!! granted the kid seemed a top-lad, class act with a very likable personality..!! He simply Was NOT good enough to be called up to almost any national team..!! im fairly certain that short time appearance in TM goes down as the most impressive thing in his football resume..!
                    what happened to Safari career is exactly why Samman should consider joining TM over Sweden national team..!! I'd imagine Behrang woulda been a sure lock-in @ TM LB/LW position for WC 14 and Well Beyond...!! as back then before pooladi era, CQ like many of his predecessors was struggling to find a halfway decent Left sided player, especially so defensively..! with a European nationality and a solid international presence in TM, he coulda/woulda been able to manange himself much more lucrative and impressive club career..!! definitely a much LONGER NATIONAL TEAM Career ..!!
                    And Dejagah was only ruled out because the German FA was upset he didn't want to travel to Israel. Otherwise he would have been in the German national team with at least a few caps.

Agreed with your other points. Spot on.

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                      Agree and thats my originial point with the whole dejagah thing. That he only picked TM when it was clear that he would never represent Germany again. For the rest of the players I mentioned they didnt cut it for germany.

And in Ghoddos case, I definitely think he has what it takes to be in Swedens NT, most of swedens forwards are benchwarmers as of now, but Sweden still have a strong history for such a small country, and the exposure is far much more in their NT than TM unfortunately. Actually Iran has much more talent and quality forwards than Sweden. I think that if the sweden Iran match would have been played today Iran would have a big chance to win.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                        Dejagah was the only one who ever would have had a chance at Germany's national team.
                        The rest of the players were very fortunate to play for TM and get to be in a World Cup.
                        He actually joined TM when he realized he doesn't have a chance, remember Dejagah was( unfortunate for him maybe) part of German's golden generation with Ozil, Khedira, Boateng and few others, so in any normal situation he would have a chance to play for Germany but not with such a generation. He was waiting for while to get the call but when he realized it may never happens he joined TM.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                          He actually joined TM when he realized he doesn't have a chance, remember Dejagah was( unfortunate for him maybe) part of German's golden generation with Ozil, Khedira, Boateng and few others, so in any normal situation he would have a chance to play for Germany but not with such a generation. He was waiting for while to get the call but when he realized it may never happens he joined TM.
                          They stopped inviting him though because he refused to visit Israel as part of the Germany U-23 team once. That basically put him on a black list.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                            They stopped inviting him though because he refused to visit Israel as part of the Germany U-23 team once. That basically put him on a black list.
                            That is maybe true(although we are not 100% sure that is the main reason why he didn't get the call anymore), but do you honestly think Dejagah had any place in one of the best ever German's team in history with that golden generation? If it was 98 German team i could buy the argument. Dejagah could at best get few calls by senior team for some friendlies, nothing more.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                              That is maybe true(although we are not 100% sure that is the main reason why he didn't get the call anymore), but do you honestly think Dejagah had any place in one of the best ever German's team in history with that golden generation? If it was 98 German team i could buy the argument. Dejagah could at best get few calls by senior team for some friendlies, nothing more.
                              I don't think he would been a main fixture. But he would have gotten at least a cap or two.

Comment

I was under the impression that him getting Hepatitis A from eating bad food was the cause of him never making the senior team. If I remember correctly, he was an important player on a youth team that had Ozil, Boateng, etc. and he was captain of that team (I may be wrong on that, but I think I remember seeing him the captain's armband). He was at least on a team with players that went on to be amazing, and I remember hearing that he contracted this illness at a crucial time in his career where he should have been close to moving up to the senior team, and that destroyed his chances. Not the Israel thing. I'm pretty sure he played for the youth team after that incident.

Comment

Working...
                                X