Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brwa Nouri is an Iraqi, so he's not relevant.

Not going to lie, Ghoddos is on fire lately, I hope it won't get up his head.

He is a welcome addition to Team Melli, but in no means better and more deserving to be called up because of his status than other domestic IPL players. Allsvenskan is still a below average league for European standards and we're the 27th best team of the world, we have higher standards than Östersunds.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
      Brwa Nouri is an Iraqi, so he's not relevant.
      Where Nouri (and Dyer) plays next season is very relevant for Ghoddos future club selection. Please read the reason why I mentioned him before comments like this.

Comment

Sweden's gonna call him up I think, sucks tbh. He would've been quality for us

Comment

Originally posted by Hormozgan View Post
          Just to add regarding Ghoddos playing style:

When he played in Syrianska he was mostly utilized as a pacey and technical winger that would provide points. Östersund has a far more refined style of possession play where they shocked the league the first couple of fixtures where they outplayed some bigger teams because of their coach Graham Potter who implemented some interesting approaches in terms of tactics. They usually play 4-3-3, but they also switch it to 3-5-2 sometimes and Saman has been capable of playing LW/CAM/SS mostly.

He's been thriving in possession based football starting out left and cutting inside to score goals and/or unlock the play, find space and release a team mate. Clearly 2 different player in you compare with Amiri who opens space for other creators with his engine, counter attacks and threat of deep runs that pushes the back line. He is a much more on the ball type of player so to speak.
          Too add some depth in why Östersund has taken Allsvenskan by storm in terms of style, scouting and being newly promoted club with little tradition. Here are statistics from this season:

- Youngest squad average in regards to players that have seen the pitch.
          - Highest amount of passes played
          - Highest amount of short passes played
          - Highest amount of possession
          - Least clearances in terms of losing possession
          - Least shots allowed
          - Highest amount of take ons
          - Least in being dribbled
          - Least aerial challenges
          - Bottom 3 in crossing
          - Bottom 3 in having opponents having possession in their third half
          - Highest amount of won free kicks
          - Bottom 3 in giving away free kicks
          - Second in most offsides
          - 3 of their players are top 4 of best passing percentage
          - 2 of their players are top 4 in highest amounts of passes per game

To summarize: they've consistently played possession based football keeping the ball on the ground and finding ways to break down defences with movement through their 4-3-3 or 3-5-2. The shocking thing is that it is a low budget squad with a bunch of random players that obviously has been very well scouted to work in Graham Potters system. Usually, this never happens; that a newly promoted Swedish team goes on the offensive their first season in the big leagues. Not only have they tried it, but it has actually beared fruit as well.

If you take a look at their squad, Potter brought a lot of low tier talents that hadn't gotten the right conditions in terms of utilizing the talents (such as Saman when he was 19 in Trelleborg) and shaped this team to team that tries to play to win rather than play to not be relegated.

Sweden has usually always premiered a straight 4-4-2 with zonal marking and focused on defensive assignments and team work to get point a la Lagerbäck (as he did with Iceland). A lot of players, like myself, were taught to not go off the track expressing yourself on the pitch and usually wouldn't get selected before a less talented player that did the coaches assignments. Usually, these kids were immigrant kids as well, but since the Zlatan revolution the perception of football has changed a bit in the grassroots as well and new teams are becoming much more modern in their approach and footballing education. That's why the Swedish U-21 team had the ability to win the Euros for example.

Saman has just become one of the faces of the story around Östersund which has baffled a lot of people, but also inspired the domestic league.

Comment

I guess if the news get some coverage by Iranian Media then there is a chance he gets the call by CQ. So far i haven't seen any in Iranian Media.

Comment

Little off topic but recently realised their manager is English & took over them in 2011 when they were a 4th TIER club! Does the FA know Graham Potter exists? Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Hormozgan View Post
                Too add some depth in why Östersund has taken Allsvenskan by storm in terms of style, scouting and being newly promoted club with little tradition. Here are statistics from this season:

- Youngest squad average in regards to players that have seen the pitch.
                - Highest amount of passes played
                - Highest amount of short passes played
                - Highest amount of possession
                - Least clearances in terms of losing possession
                - Least shots allowed
                - Highest amount of take ons
                - Least in being dribbled
                - Least aerial challenges
                - Bottom 3 in crossing
                - Bottom 3 in having opponents having possession in their third half
                - Highest amount of won free kicks
                - Bottom 3 in giving away free kicks
                - Second in most offsides
                - 3 of their players are top 4 of best passing percentage
                - 2 of their players are top 4 in highest amounts of passes per game

To summarize: they've consistently played possession based football keeping the ball on the ground and finding ways to break down defences with movement through their 4-3-3 or 3-5-2. The shocking thing is that it is a low budget squad with a bunch of random players that obviously has been very well scouted to work in Graham Potters system. Usually, this never happens; that a newly promoted Swedish team goes on the offensive their first season in the big leagues. Not only have they tried it, but it has actually beared fruit as well.

If you take a look at their squad, Potter brought a lot of low tier talents that hadn't gotten the right conditions in terms of utilizing the talents (such as Saman when he was 19 in Trelleborg) and shaped this team to team that tries to play to win rather than play to not be relegated.

Sweden has usually always premiered a straight 4-4-2 with zonal marking and focused on defensive assignments and team work to get point a la Lagerbäck (as he did with Iceland). A lot of players, like myself, were taught to not go off the track expressing yourself on the pitch and usually wouldn't get selected before a less talented player that did the coaches assignments. Usually, these kids were immigrant kids as well, but since the Zlatan revolution the perception of football has changed a bit in the grassroots as well and new teams are becoming much more modern in their approach and footballing education. That's why the Swedish U-21 team had the ability to win the Euros for example.

Saman has just become one of the faces of the story around Östersund which has baffled a lot of people, but also inspired the domestic league.
                Btw that was very well written, I rarely ever read long comments here but yours was a good read.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                  I guess if the news get some coverage by Iranian Media then there is a chance he gets the call by CQ. So far i haven't seen any in Iranian Media.
                  It's strange because they mentioned Alexander Samizadeh's 4 goals a while ago, but I haven't heard them say anything about Ghoddos.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWheels View Post
                    Btw that was very well written, I rarely ever read long comments here but yours was a good read.
                    Thanks man, appreciate it. Just trying to contextualize a thing or two.

Comment

Little off topic but recently realised their manager is English & took over them in 2011 when they were a 4th TIER club! Does the FA know Graham Potter exists? Lol
                      The FA doesn't care if the manager works outside of England. They're very backwards when it comes to that sort of stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                        The FA doesn't care if the manager works outside of England. They're very backwards when it comes to that sort of stuff.
                        It's a shame for them, they actually have quality players but always look for shitty managers. Hell Queiroz is better than England's past few coaches

Comment

It's a shame for them, they actually have quality players but always look for shitty managers. Hell Queiroz is better than England's past few coaches
                          What you do mean hell Queiroz is better? Lol Queiroz is a top tier manager... Comparing England's manager to CQ is laughable

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
                            What you do mean hell Queiroz is better? Lol Queiroz is a top tier manager... Comparing England's manager to CQ is laughable
                            I mean that you'd think a team like England would have better managers than a team like Iran. This is a team that's expected to at least challenge for major competitions.

Comment

One of the biggest football sites in Sweden just published this article: http://www.fotbollskanalen.se/allsve...rans-landslag/

Short summary: The title is basically "Östersund's hit player may choose Iran". The article talks about him having a great season and that rumours are saying that bigger clubs are after him. He says that his dream is to play in a foreign league.

They then go on to say that he has been approached by TM. He himself states that he has received some emails, but that he is not sure whether they are serious or from whom they are sent... He does however say that he has not received an official invitation, but that he knows that Iran is interested and wants him to come down there.

They ask him which national team he would choose between Sweden and Iran, and he replies that he would prefer not to comment on that. When they ask him again to give an indication of his preferences, he says that he would clearly prefer Sweden given that he is born and raised there.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Soorakhian View Post
                                One of the biggest football sites in Iran just published this article: http://www.fotbollskanalen.se/allsve...rans-landslag/
                                Short summary: The title is basically "Östersund's hit player may choose Iran". The article talks about him having a great season and that rumours are saying that bigger clubs are after him. He says that his dream is to play in a foreign league.
                                They then go on to say that he has been approached by TM. He himself states that he has received some emails, but that he is not sure whether they are serious or from whom they are sent... He does however say that he has not received an official invitation, but that he knows that Iran is interested and wants him to come down there.
                                They ask him which national team he would choose between Sweden and Iran, and he replies that he would prefer not to comment on that. When they ask him again to give an indication of his preferences, he says that he would clearly prefer Sweden given that he is born and raised there.
                                Don't blame him for preferring Sweden seeing as he's been born and raised there....I'm mixed-race and have pride in all of my blood but I still consider myself 'enough' of an Iranian. At the same time, I do understand the frustration with some that he doesn't truly want to play for TM as his priority. To put on the shirt and represent Iran you not only have to have the skills, but also the desire to play for the country's people. Will be interesting to see how this plays out...
                                Twitter and Instagram: @aryo__hadi

ZendebadIran!

Comment

Working...
                                X