X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This guy deserves a call up more than Enayati

Comment

Originally posted by TheWheels View Post
      Ironically as it is, Sweden have actually looked better in the post-Zlatan era.... but I doubt Sweden will go for him. 7 goals, 3 assists from twenty something games in the Allsvenskan isn't impressive for Sweden.
      They have only looked better because Erik Hamrén sucked as NT coach and the new generation is more talented (won the U21 Euros) than the generation Zlatan had to play with these last couple of years.

It actually is pretty impressive if you consider what team he is on and what position he plays. He's on Östersund, a newly promoted team that never ever played in the top flight and he's helped them finish mid table in their first season in the big league, securing a new contract a couple of fixtures before the end of the season. That only is pretty unexpected. Then you consider the fact that he's their top scorer from a LW or CAM position + he's only 22 years of age, and just had a break out game against the champions.

Sweden is not "going for him", but they definitely might test him out in January which the always do with the domestic players. After this season he will have 3 options club wise: stay with ÖFK another season, go to a top club in Scandinavia (AIK, Malmö, FC Copenhagen, Bröndby etc.) or a bigger European ligue (like Eredivisie etc.).

Comment

Just saw the highlights of him vs. Malmo - he was excellent.

Comment

Okay guys, here's some actual news. In a fresh intervju Saman opens up quite a lot.

They talk a bit about:
          • Playing such a game against his hometown team Malmö with all of his friends and family in the stands.
          • That he didn't really take football super serious when he was playing at Trelleborgs FF (tier 4) when he was 19, but just took it seriously when he got to Syrianska in terms of conditioning and eating regimen etc.
          • That he dreams about playing abroad, but also could think about playing CL with his hometown team.

But most importantly, he actually speaks on national teams.

"It would be fun to play for a national team as well since I'm eligible to play for both Sweden and Iran. I haven't given it so much thought yet. It was some discussions regarding the Swedish NT this summer for the Olympics (U-23) and I have received some invitations from Iran, but we'll see. It's not something I'm pondering right now."

"I've got so much more to give and my coach (Graham Potter) knows that as well. Next year I'll really be able to show my full potential."

Full interview in Swedish: http://fotbollskane.se/herr/9570

Comment

Originally posted by Hormozgan View Post
            Okay guys, here's some actual news. In a fresh intervju Saman opens up quite a lot.

They talk a bit about:
            • Playing such a game against his hometown team Malmö with all of his friends and family in the stands.
            • That he didn't really take football super serious when he was playing at Trelleborgs FF (tier 4) when he was 19, but just took it seriously when he got to Syrianska in terms of conditioning and eating regimen etc.
            • That he dreams about playing abroad, but also could think about playing CL with his hometown team.

"It would be fun to play for a national team as well since I'm eligible to play for both Sweden and Iran. I haven't given it so much thought yet. It was some discussions regarding the Swedish NT this summer for the Olympics (U-23) and I have received some invitations from Iran, but we'll see. It's not something I'm pondering right now."

"I've got so much more to give and my coach (Graham Potter) knows that as well. Next year I'll really be able to show my full potential."

I KNEW IT! CQ isn't that dumb to not invite such a high-caliber player like him! Lamasab vaystadeh baraye Sweden!

Comment

Saman Ghoddos @ Östersunds FK | 2016

I am always hopeful when it comes down to inviting players like Ghoddos, but I become sad and dissapointed when they do "tacheh balah" if they get invited to Team Melli. Representing Iran is a honour, not an option. If he wants to play for Sweden I respect that and it is his career decision, but I now understand why some people think players like Ghoddos have no place in Team Melli because they lack real passion / gheyrat or heart for our national team. It's not like he is better than what we already have, no big loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                I am always hopeful when it comes down to inviting players like Ghoddos, but I become sad and dissapointed when they do "tacheh balah" if they get invited to Team Melli. Representing Iran is a honour, not an option. If he wants to play for Sweden I respect that and it is his career decision, but I now understand why some people think players like Ghoddos have no place in Team Melli because they lack real passion / gheyrat or heart for our national team. It's not like he is better than what we already have, no big loss.
                To be fair, before you jump your guns, he never said what type of invitations to Iran. It could also mean U-21/U-19 earlier in his career etc. Probably not, but just a thought.

I agree that putting on NT jersey should be considered an honor in terms of representing your people, but at the same time he seems quite levelheaded to not just jump on any occasion. Rather monitoring how both teams and federations work and probably the best chance to be apart of a WC campaign and what not.

Comment

Don't want to jump to conclusions - but man what's up with the Iroonis in Sweden?

From Behrang Safari (who is a joke and will never be considered for Sweden NT again) - played one Euro tournament and was never featured there much else. To this guy? He's NOT that good. I heard the Kurd thing among Iranian Kurds is a big thing there too - where they identify with their Kurdish side and downplay their Iranian side. What did the Swedes do to you to emasculate you guys so much? Iranians from all over are very proud people all over except in Sweden.

Bacheh kooniyaye Sweden

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
                    Don't want to jump to conclusions - but man what's up with the Iroonis in Sweden?

From Behrang Safari (who is a joke and will never be considered for Sweden NT again) - played one Euro tournament and was never featured there much else. To this guy? He's NOT that good. I heard the Kurd thing among Iranian Kurds is a big thing there too - where they identify with their Kurdish side and downplay their Iranian side. What did the Swedes do to you to emasculate you guys so much? Iranians from all over are very proud people all over except in Sweden.

Bacheh kooniyaye Sweden
                    The kurd part is especially right. Almost all Kurds from any country here associate with Kurdistan and not with Iran, or any other country.

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post

Bacheh kooniyaye Sweden
                      lol i know right? As an Iranian-American, I love the fact that im American, but to me, TM and Iran is still #1, regardless of the fact that i cannot read farsi very well.

There's something about being Persian that is so patriotically strong, and I fucking love it.

These Swedish-Iranians only shy away from their persian side just so they can get Swedish babes more easily smh

Comment

Behrang Safari was a great player, you cant downplay him or his quality. He got invited back to team melli sweden he refused to accept because of the shit he went trough. Media ate him up for one mistake, more than they have ever done with any swedish national team play i have ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Zamboor View Post
                          Behrang Safari was a great player, you cant downplay him or his quality. He got invited back to team melli sweden he refused to accept because of the shit he went trough. Media ate him up for one mistake, more than they have ever done with any swedish national team play i have ever seen.

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

If Ghoddos indeed rejected a Team Melli invitation, it is goodbye for Ghoddos to Iran forever. CQ doesn't like players who put themselves above the interest of the national team, and rightly so. You can take that to the bank.

Comment

Originally posted by Hormozgan View Post

They talk a bit about:

I think it is important to clarify that he does not say that he has been invited to TM. He is saying that he has received "förfrågningar" which rather suggests that they queried as to his status and interest to play for Iran. So people should not be so quick to jump to conclusions.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                                If Ghoddos indeed rejected a Team Melli invitation, it is goodbye for Ghoddos to Iran forever. CQ doesn't like players who put themselves above the interest of the national team, and rightly so. You can take that to the bank.
                                To be honest, I doubt he ever got invited at all. Maybe for youth team. He would have been on one of those huge 60 man lists we've seen. I don't think the manager asks the players when making those lists to send to AFC. I remember Dejagah's name being on some extended lists before he ever joined TM. I remember he refused a few invites early in CQ tenure before finally joining.

I think our team is just really well constructed at the moment and CQ is happy. Particularly, our offensive line is doing fairly well, and we have Hajsafi currently placed in the CM position. I don't really know where Ghoddos would play. Would he take Dejagah's place as attacking midfielder, or Hajsafi's place as a center mid?

I just don't think he's part of CQ's plans at the moment. He is a fairly small guy, which I know CQ isn't a huge fan of (like Khalatbari), and our team is already fairly stacked and deep. I don't know who I'd feel comfortable dropping in his favor out of the 23 invited. I feel every player has a role. CQ was willing to gamble on Dejagah, Gucci and other legionnaires on the road to Brazil, and honestly, that gamble really got us there.

Right now, we have a good thing going, so there is no need to take a risk. Maybe when the qualification is over next year, Ghoddos will be invited for some pre-WC friendlies like Davari and Beitashour were. I really don't see him being in CQ's plans though. He is not a CQ type player. CQ prefers physical players over technically gifted smaller players. All of our players on current TM are tough and physical. Ghoddos looks like a finesse player, which is good, but I don't think he would fit our style at the moment. Maybe he'll be called up before the WC and fall into the plans of the succeeding coach if CQ retires as expected.

Comment

Working...
                                X