Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^I don't get it, you THINK he will develop into a better player and TM worthy in the future.. but want to invite him now when he's not TM worthy, all based on what you think might happen in the future?
    Why not just wait till he gets somewhat TM worthy before we invite him? (And don't worry Sweden won't call him up anytime soon, even though they suck right now)

Of course following him are have some talks to him will never hurt and is even good to do, inviting him already is just not fair towards IPL players and makes TM look like a playing ground instead of serious business towards all the players.

Comment

Let him establish himself first and then we will see.

Comment

Sorry, have to go with PFDC tradition here: Saman Ghoddos for TM!

Comment

Originally posted by Babak agha View Post
          ^I don't get it, you THINK he will develop into a better player and TM worthy in the future.. but want to invite him now when he's not TM worthy, all based on what you think might happen in the future?
          Why not just wait till he gets somewhat TM worthy before we invite him? (And don't worry Sweden won't call him up anytime soon, even though they suck right now)

Of course following him are have some talks to him will never hurt and is even good to do, inviting him already is just not fair towards IPL players and makes TM look like a playing ground instead of serious business towards all the players.
          What are you event talking about, mate? You're awfully sure about your firm stances without seemingly knowing facts?:

Saman is definitely in the running to be picked for the seasonal January squad for the Swedish NT. A squad of 30-40 players that becomes tested in Dubai, so if he performs well there he'll be in the conversation to play for Sweden's NT.

With that being said, nobody's claiming that this dude be placed in the starting 11, but that if he keeps performing at this rate in a newly promoted club that has little resources (he could have signed with a bigger team, but would have been benched) he should be tested in an Team Melli training camp to see if he even fits; not only ability wise but also culturally etc.

I mean, you're from The Netherlands right? Well, I live in Amsterdam as well. You could easily compare Saman's play this season with the likes of Sam Larsson and Arber Zeneli's seasons when they were in Sweden and they both start for Heereenveen with Ghoochannejhad. The only difference is that they were highly touted as youngsters while Saman has been flying under the radar until last season.

Give this dude some time and root for him instead of shooting it down just because. He might not become fuck all for TM, but should be tested if he continues to build on his current rate.

Comment

Originally posted by Hormozgan View Post
            What are you event talking about, mate? You're awfully sure about your firm stances without seemingly knowing facts?:

Saman is definitely in the running to be picked for the seasonal January squad for the Swedish NT. A squad of 30-40 players that becomes tested in Dubai, so if he performs well there he'll be in the conversation to play for Sweden's NT.

With that being said, nobody's claiming that this dude be placed in the starting 11, but that if he keeps performing at this rate in a newly promoted club that has little resources (he could have signed with a bigger team, but would have been benched) he should be tested in an Team Melli training camp to see if he even fits; not only ability wise but also culturally etc.

I mean, you're from The Netherlands right? Well, I live in Amsterdam as well. You could easily compare Saman's play this season with the likes of Sam Larsson and Arber Zeneli's seasons when they were in Sweden and they both start for Heereenveen with Ghoochannejhad. The only difference is that they were highly touted as youngsters while Saman has been flying under the radar until last season.

Give this dude some time and root for him instead of shooting it down just because. He might not become fuck all for TM, but should be tested if he continues to build on his current rate.
            Yeah without a doubt he will be called up for the Januari Tour. Remember that one day 10 years ago when Behran Safari started his Swedish national team career on that tournumant. Hopefully Team melli can wake up and cap him before that.

Comment

Originally posted by Zamboor View Post
              Yeah without a doubt he will be called up for the Januari Tour. Remember that one day 10 years ago when Behran Safari started his Swedish national team career on that tournumant. Hopefully Team melli can wake up and cap him before that.
              Exactly. Also, Swedens NT has a new coach since the Euros and he's always coached domestically and has a bit more eyes on Allsvenskan than the previous one, so he'll most likely get tested. I don't understand why we shouldn't test him as well.

Comment

So many judgmental comments on Saman and he hasn't even played one minute for TM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hormozgan View Post

That's a hella long comment. Nobody said he shouldn't be followed or tested whenever he's ready.
                  I'm just saying that playing a couple of games in a crappie euro league are the age of 23 shouldn't be enough to actually being called up for TM.

Now if this guy is performing really well in that league then yeah, the sooner you call him up the better. Comparing him to Larsson tho.. I mean really? Larsson is one of the best wingers of eredivisie and already could go to top leagues.
                  Doesn't really matter tho, again if this guy actually is performing well (not so, so) in that league, sure invite him for a camp. Otherwise just wait till he's performing well. That's all.

Comment

Originally posted by Babak agha View Post
                    That's a hella long comment. Nobody said he shouldn't be followed or tested whenever he's ready.
                    I'm just saying that playing a couple of games in a crappie euro league are the age of 23 shouldn't be enough to actually being called up for TM.

Now if this guy is performing really well in that league then yeah, the sooner you call him up the better. Comparing him to Larsson tho.. I mean really? Larsson is one of the best wingers of eredivisie and already could go to top leagues.
                    Doesn't really matter tho, again if this guy actually is performing well (not so, so) in that league, sure invite him for a camp. Otherwise just wait till he's performing well. That's all.
                    Yeah, so? Rather have a extensive and thoughtful analysis rather than spewing facetless one liners.

Bro, read again. I did never compare him to present day Larsson. I said that his season this year is comparable to Larsson's seasons in Sweden prior to his move to Heereenven and therefore on the same path to be in the conversation of Sweden NT try out and possibly transfering to a better league. Difference is he's more of a late bloomer, but doing it at a newly promoted team rather than Larsson and Zeneli who did it in top clubs.

Comment

Only Larsson was playing for Göteborg and Saman is playing for a team that 99% of PFDC''s members didn't even know excited.
                      However, again if he is anywhere near Larsson in terms of quality when he moved to Heereenveen (was a quality player right away), then yeah sure he should be invited. I have a hard feelings that that's not the case tho.
                      Anyways all the best to him and might he one day play for Real Madrid and score a hattrick against Barca. Us discussing if he should be invited or not wouldn't change anything anyways, and for now he seems to not be in the picture with CQ (I think rightfully so).

Also what's up with the hot temperedness or the tough act nowadays? Isn't a civilised discussion an option any more?

Comment

he is a CAM who is performing well for a very shitty team in a league far better than ours. But , our CAM situation is so great that we shouldn't even call him for a camp...the level of actual thinking on these forums is sometimes shocking

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                          he is a CAM who is performing well for a very shitty team in a league far better than ours. But , our CAM situation is so great that we shouldn't even call him for a camp...the level of actual thinking on these forums is sometimes shocking
                          Hes only played cam 2 out of 20 league games
                          http://www.transfermarkt.com/saman-g...spieler/204294

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                            Is swedish league really far better than ours? I've been one of the people to note that our league is definitely lacking compared to the top European leagues, but I don't consider Sweden to be a top European league. I don't think many people do. I agree that he should be on the team's radar, but he is far from a guaranteed better player than the options we have at CAM in Iran, like Soroush Rafaei.

I personally do not see him being a choice for TM. Not because of his quality, but rather, he does not seem like the type of player CQ likes. He seems too small to play the physical football that CQ seems to like. It's up to CQ though, and I won't say he'll never make it, but I don't think we will see it based on CQ's previous choices for TM. CQ loves big strong players, and has dropped short, fast and technical players like Khalatbari who cannot physical dominate the opposition.

Comment

Originally posted by Afat11 View Post
                              Is swedish league really far better than ours? I've been one of the people to note that our league is definitely lacking compared to the top European leagues, but I don't consider Sweden to be a top European league. I don't think many people do. I agree that he should be on the team's radar, but he is far from a guaranteed better player than the options we have at CAM in Iran, like Soroush Rafaei.

I personally do not see him being a choice for TM. Not because of his quality, but rather, he does not seem like the type of player CQ likes. He seems too small to play the physical football that CQ seems to like. It's up to CQ though, and I won't say he'll never make it, but I don't think we will see it based on CQ's previous choices for TM. CQ loves big strong players, and has dropped short, fast and technical players like Khalatbari who cannot physical dominate the opposition.
                              Swedish League is 100% better than ours. We are at the level of Norway at best.

How can people claim our league is as good as leagues such as Sweden when 13 out of 16 teams play Kick and Run football?

Comment

You never know who will or won't be added to Team Melli in the future. Ghoddos could be a new face, Samizadeh may be a new face.

For now I think they will be scouted but I doubt we will see them in the national team. I do have a feeling they will get a chance in early 2017. Especially if we do well against SK, Uzbekistan, and Syria.

If we have a good standing in the wualification table, I don't see why Carlos and his staff wouldn't consider these kind of players. They can be tested at camp and in 1-2 friendly matches.

We don't know anything yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X