Saman Ghoddos @ Östersunds FK | 2016 - 2017 - Page 10

Closed Thread
Page 10 of 282 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Saman Ghoddos @ Östersunds FK | 2016 - 2017

Banned
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 8,106 Times in 3,733 Posts

Meet your Persian Love Today
    This guy deserves a call up more than Enayati

High-Ranked Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWheels View Post
    Ironically as it is, Sweden have actually looked better in the post-Zlatan era.... but I doubt Sweden will go for him. 7 goals, 3 assists from twenty something games in the Allsvenskan isn't impressive for Sweden.
    They have only looked better because Erik Hamrén sucked as NT coach and the new generation is more talented (won the U21 Euros) than the generation Zlatan had to play with these last couple of years.

It actually is pretty impressive if you consider what team he is on and what position he plays. He's on Östersund, a newly promoted team that never ever played in the top flight and he's helped them finish mid table in their first season in the big league, securing a new contract a couple of fixtures before the end of the season. That only is pretty unexpected. Then you consider the fact that he's their top scorer from a LW or CAM position + he's only 22 years of age, and just had a break out game against the champions.

Sweden is not "going for him", but they definitely might test him out in January which the always do with the domestic players. After this season he will have 3 options club wise: stay with ÖFK another season, go to a top club in Scandinavia (AIK, Malmö, FC Copenhagen, Bröndby etc.) or a bigger European ligue (like Eredivisie etc.).

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hormozgan For This Useful Post:

Banned
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 20,141 Times in 7,314 Posts
    Just saw the highlights of him vs. Malmo - he was excellent.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Tehranto For This Useful Post:

High-Ranked Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Okay guys, here's some actual news. In a fresh intervju Saman opens up quite a lot.

They talk a bit about:
    • Playing such a game against his hometown team Malmö with all of his friends and family in the stands.
    • That he didn't really take football super serious when he was playing at Trelleborgs FF (tier 4) when he was 19, but just took it seriously when he got to Syrianska in terms of conditioning and eating regimen etc.
    • That he dreams about playing abroad, but also could think about playing CL with his hometown team.
    But most importantly, he actually speaks on national teams.

"It would be fun to play for a national team as well since I'm eligible to play for both Sweden and Iran. I haven't given it so much thought yet. It was some discussions regarding the Swedish NT this summer for the Olympics (U-23) and I have received some invitations from Iran, but we'll see. It's not something I'm pondering right now."

"I've got so much more to give and my coach (Graham Potter) knows that as well. Next year I'll really be able to show my full potential."

Full interview in Swedish: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

7. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Hormozgan For This Useful Post:

Forum Staff
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,863 Times in 1,928 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hormozgan View Post
    Okay guys, here's some actual news. In a fresh intervju Saman opens up quite a lot.

They talk a bit about:
    • Playing such a game against his hometown team Malmö with all of his friends and family in the stands.
    • That he didn't really take football super serious when he was playing at Trelleborgs FF (tier 4) when he was 19, but just took it seriously when he got to Syrianska in terms of conditioning and eating regimen etc.
    • That he dreams about playing abroad, but also could think about playing CL with his hometown team.
    But most importantly, he actually speaks on national teams.

"It would be fun to play for a national team as well since I'm eligible to play for both Sweden and Iran. I haven't given it so much thought yet. It was some discussions regarding the Swedish NT this summer for the Olympics (U-23) and I have received some invitations from Iran, but we'll see. It's not something I'm pondering right now."

"I've got so much more to give and my coach (Graham Potter) knows that as well. Next year I'll really be able to show my full potential."

Full interview in Swedish: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    I KNEW IT! CQ isn't that dumb to not invite such a high-caliber player like him! Lamasab vaystadeh baraye Sweden!

PFDC Asset
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,045 Times in 8,566 Posts

Saman Ghoddos @ Östersunds FK | 2016

I am always hopeful when it comes down to inviting players like Ghoddos, but I become sad and dissapointed when they do "tacheh balah" if they get invited to Team Melli. Representing Iran is a honour, not an option. If he wants to play for Sweden I respect that and it is his career decision, but I now understand why some people think players like Ghoddos have no place in Team Melli because they lack real passion / gheyrat or heart for our national team. It's not like he is better than what we already have, no big loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    #FireMarcWilmots

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kiarash For This Useful Post:

High-Ranked Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiarash View Post
    I am always hopeful when it comes down to inviting players like Ghoddos, but I become sad and dissapointed when they do "tacheh balah" if they get invited to Team Melli. Representing Iran is a honour, not an option. If he wants to play for Sweden I respect that and it is his career decision, but I now understand why some people think players like Ghoddos have no place in Team Melli because they lack real passion / gheyrat or heart for our national team. It's not like he is better than what we already have, no big loss.
    To be fair, before you jump your guns, he never said what type of invitations to Iran. It could also mean U-21/U-19 earlier in his career etc. Probably not, but just a thought.

I agree that putting on NT jersey should be considered an honor in terms of representing your people, but at the same time he seems quite levelheaded to not just jump on any occasion. Rather monitoring how both teams and federations work and probably the best chance to be apart of a WC campaign and what not.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Hormozgan For This Useful Post:

Banned
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 20,141 Times in 7,314 Posts
    Don't want to jump to conclusions - but man what's up with the Iroonis in Sweden?

From Behrang Safari (who is a joke and will never be considered for Sweden NT again) - played one Euro tournament and was never featured there much else. To this guy? He's NOT that good. I heard the Kurd thing among Iranian Kurds is a big thing there too - where they identify with their Kurdish side and downplay their Iranian side. What did the Swedes do to you to emasculate you guys so much? Iranians from all over are very proud people all over except in Sweden.

Bacheh kooniyaye Sweden

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tehranto For This Useful Post:

PFDC Asset
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,986 Times in 4,905 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehranto View Post
    Don't want to jump to conclusions - but man what's up with the Iroonis in Sweden?

From Behrang Safari (who is a joke and will never be considered for Sweden NT again) - played one Euro tournament and was never featured there much else. To this guy? He's NOT that good. I heard the Kurd thing among Iranian Kurds is a big thing there too - where they identify with their Kurdish side and downplay their Iranian side. What did the Swedes do to you to emasculate you guys so much? Iranians from all over are very proud people all over except in Sweden.

Bacheh kooniyaye Sweden
    The kurd part is especially right. Almost all Kurds from any country here associate with Kurdistan and not with Iran, or any other country.

Forum Staff
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,863 Times in 1,928 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehranto View Post

Bacheh kooniyaye Sweden
    lol i know right? As an Iranian-American, I love the fact that im American, but to me, TM and Iran is still #1, regardless of the fact that i cannot read farsi very well.

There's something about being Persian that is so patriotically strong, and I fucking love it.

These Swedish-Iranians only shy away from their persian side just so they can get Swedish babes more easily smh

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Iranianarsenal11 For This Useful Post:

Closed Thread
Page 10 of 282 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread : 8

You do not have permission to view the list of names.