Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At this stage I would like to see CQ call up someone with more experience to replace injuried players.Last round I didn't care if we called up younger players but after the last two games I've watched we need more experience players to play.Am all for Sadeghi,we can't afford to give away points like we did in the last game.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
      Good points but also keep in mind that when Queiroz began to use Montazeri, we were in the exact same phase we are in now (final stage of World Cup qualification) and he too was also inexperienced, so I think that Queiroz won't be afraid to use ansari if he thinks he is the best fit. We will have to wait and see, for now I think the sure CBs will be Hosseini and Pouraliganji seeing how well he did vs China
      Regarding Montazeri /Ansari:
      Montazeri had years of experience at club level as a CD in addition to play for u23. (He played as RB too)
      If i can recall correctly At Doha Qatar With U23 he was paired with Jalal ( on of older one). Then Mahini played as RB and Pouladi as MF.
      Ansari has experience as LB not as CD at club level let alone in TM.

I think CQ made a great mistake investing on Tayebi & Pourghaz as CD players . Same mistakes he made earlier with investing on Seifi and Dehnavi.....
      I think Kouroshi has been better option .
      Times will tell

Comment

Surprise surprise, apparently Al-Arabi have terminated Dejagah's contract today. Wonder if it had to do with the last WCQ game. A blessing in disguise.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
          Surprise surprise, apparently Al-Arabi have terminated Dejagah's contract today. Wonder if it had to do with the last WCQ game. A blessing in disguise.
          nothing is confirmed yet and Qatari + Iranian medias are posting such rumours since months ago on a daily basis but there is no evidence of him leaving Al Arabi so far (unfortunately)

Comment

Originally posted by St_Mark View Post
            Regarding Montazeri /Ansari:
            Montazeri had years of experience at club level as a CD in addition to play for u23. (He played as RB too)
            If i can recall correctly At Doha Qatar With U23 he was paired with Jalal ( on of older one). Then Mahini played as RB and Pouladi as MF.
            Ansari has experience as LB not as CD at club level let alone in TM.

I think CQ made a great mistake investing on Tayebi & Pourghaz as CD players . Same mistakes he made earlier with investing on Seifi and Dehnavi.....
            I think Kouroshi has been better option .
            Times will tell
            I agree, I dont think it makes sense to invest in tayyebi and pourghaz given their age. they are peaking now and their game will not improve or even stagnate for too long IMO, I think mohammad ahle shakhe from foolad khuzestan has been very impressive and deserves a call up. same with kouroshi. Also tafazoli would be nice to give a shot too being someone with european/english pedigree but doesn't seem like CQ is interested.
            Team Meli Iran
            Perspolis FC
            Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

TM-News- Vol. 2

I also think Amir Hossein Sadeghi would be the better replacement even tho he's old now, but experienced and has played at various levels. PAG and Hosseini meanwhile will probably start.

Tayyebi wouldn't be a bad option either but for that we need more friendlies and fit him in there.

The worst point is that we're losing a versatile player that could be there in CB as well as RB

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                I agree, I dont think it makes sense to invest in tayyebi and pourghaz given their age. they are peaking now and their game will not improve or even stagnate for too long IMO, I think mohammad ahle shakhe from foolad khuzestan has been very impressive and deserves a call up. same with kouroshi. Also tafazoli would be nice to give a shot too being someone with european/english pedigree but doesn't seem like CQ is interested.
                Usually younger players will get international experience with youth teams , U23, U19,.... Unfortunately our youth National teams have not been great and missed WC U19, U23 /Olympics. Daneshgar, Cheshmi, Kananizadeghan, Moradmand were our CD for U23. CQ have had hope for Kananizadeghan but he did poorly during last U23 games and with additional injury he lost his chance. Cheshmi & Daneshgar both are out because of injuries. H Mohammadi, Khalilzad & Nejad Mehdi has been invited by CQ before.

Comment

I don't know about Sadeghi but I'm mostly worried about who will play RB vs Uzbekistan since Ghafouri still seems to be out of form and I'm still not convinced by Rezaian's defensive abilities. Call me crazy but IMO, it wouldn't be a bad idea to call up Mahini or Heydari (if they do well for their respective clubs) for some games till we find another reliable and younger RB for future

Comment

I think Carlos will go into Tashken for a draw.

Comment

Originally posted by mehdiKia15 View Post
                      At this stage I would like to see CQ call up someone with more experience to replace injuried players.Last round I didn't care if we called up younger players but after the last two games I've watched we need more experience players to play.Am all for Sadeghi,we can't afford to give away points like we did in the last game.
                      true, its too late in the WCQ to try and count on a new comer in such a Vital, stressful Position where Experience, Timing and Reliability is a must ..! nevertheless we need to have at least one more youngster on the bench learning...!
                      CQ aint the type who trusts inexperienced young talents in general without proper break-in period, especially so on CD position, so doubt we see any in near future..!
                      like others mentioned for time being, he will very likely call on his trusted oldies who are fully familiar with his complicated defensive scheme for depth at CD position. guys like Sadeghi who did quiet well when he was first brought to CQ's TM on short notice, and although he is way too, khepel n slow for WingBack position, Beykzadeh has good size and composure and football intelligence for as CD alternative..!! the big question is what Form N Fitness these guys are ATM..???

Comment

Originally posted by Malavani View Post
                        I don't know about Sadeghi but I'm mostly worried about who will play RB vs Uzbekistan since Ghafouri still seems to be out of form and I'm still not convinced by Rezaian's defensive abilities. Call me crazy but IMO, it wouldn't be a bad idea to call up Mahini or Heydari (if they do well for their respective clubs) for some games till we find another reliable and younger RB for future
                        I don't buy that Ghafouri is out of form!!! If he's out of form, he shouldn't be invited to TM to begin with! Then someone else has the right to be invited for that position instead!

If he's good enough to be invited, he should definitely be given the chance ahead of that headless chicken Rezaeian! At this point even an out of form Ghafouri is better than him!

Comment

Originally posted by Malavani View Post
                          Rezaiean had a pretty decent game vs China by his standards, but the guy is shitt footballer who severely lacks quality in general. little about his game is TM worthy but his fitness, non-stop engine n hustle factor..! I'd gladly take a semi-inform Heydari over him any day..! and i think CQ recently mentioned that he still has Khosro in his wcq Plans..!!? sign of encouragement for him to get himself in better fitness n form indeed..!

Comment

Heydari hasn't been too bad lately but he's not a natural RB, wouldn't be surprised to see him back and starting for TM. I still think Ghafouri is the best RB, under the current defensive system that we play in he will still play well regardless of his form for SS. One thing is for sure Rezaeian should not be starting in Tashkent, I would go with either Vouria or Heydari. Rezaeian leaves way too much space behind him and should not be playing other than in offensive games.

Maybe we can also call up Beitashour I don't know, but the latter two are probably safer options and more gelled with the team. Mahini may also be considered it all depends of these guys forms in the next couple of weeks

Comment

We need good physical guys for the RB and LB positions. That's why to me Ghafouri and Mohammadi will be the best options versus Uzbekistan. Yes, they're small but they're tough and run like crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                                Rezaiean had a pretty decent game vs China by his standards, but the guy is shitt footballer who severely lacks quality in general. little about his game is TM worthy but his fitness, non-stop engine n hustle factor..! I'd gladly take a semi-inform Heydari over him any day..! and i think CQ recently mentioned that he still has Khosro in his wcq Plans..!!? sign of encouragement for him to get himself in better fitness n form indeed..!
                                He had a decent game (some nice crosses) till he almost cost us a goal when he headed the ball to Beiranvand toward the end of the game and if I'm not wrong , he actually did the same mistake twice in few minutes !

Comment

Working...
                                X