This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rayshirazi View Post
    What is all this hate towards Iraq? Unlike many other arab countries Iraq is our friend and have a close relationship to us.
    No Arab country is our friend.

Comment

Originally posted by saeed_noro View Post
      yeah russia friendly is on 10 october, but not in moscow. read that on the front page.

I have a question guys, can we (PFDC) officially ask the german football federation for a friendly between Germany and Iran in Cologne (Köln, Germany) on 14 November.

I mean, we can probably write an letter (official eMail via PFDC, signed by this site) and ask to choose and contact IFF for this friendly. Germany did not announce the friendly team for 14.11.17 in Cologne. they are still "searching" for an opponent. Is PFDC strong enough to help and organize this friendly. Let´s help our Team Melli, at the end, we will have written a letter an officially asked for a good work.

Let us write an eMail or create an video with this points in the message and send it directly to Oliver Bierhoff, which scored the first goal against Iran in World Cup 1998 and is the manager of German Nationalteam now.

* Thanking Jürgen Klinsmann, who helped and spent money for iranian earthquake victims in the past (1990, Iran Shomal). Klinsmann spended all or some of the money he got from World Cup Victory with Iran in 1990. People in Iran did not forget this.
      * Remembering the great moment of World Cup 1998, where we could face Germany.
      * Thanking DFB for 2004 Friendly in Tehran, where they come and helped againt for earthquake victims, this time for Bam. We can remember that great game and that we could be a good oponent, specially in the first half of the match.
      * Thanking DFB for 2004 Friendly also because the could reach agreement that some woman could at least entry the stadium, something which is still not easy and forbidden. But Germany and ambassador reached agreement for some woman in the match vs. Iran.
      * Using pictures which shows how we welcomed Klinsmann and his team in the airport in 2004 and how we cheer for them, when they showed up for the warm-up before the match. German players also clapped hands for the fans. Also using some quotes of the players and staff, about that adventure and great atmosphere. also from the ZDF reporter bell rethy, which praised us fans and atmosphere in the match. (Okay some fans, did not know that hitler greeting is forbidden in germany, and did so at the end)
      * Thanking also german clubs, such as Bayern Munich, which showed up with Oliver Kahn, also for earthquake victims and for abedzadeh goodbye and that we are proud that three of our players could play in Bayern Munich. I think no other european team had three of our players in different time-lapse in their team.
      * Point out that Khodadad Azizi played for FC Köln, and that a lot of iranians live in Cologne and regional area around Cologne, and dream of this match happening in Germany.
      * That Team Melli already qualified for the world cup.
      ** You can add more...

I think we must be active, if we want good friendlies. We can to this with an official PFDC letter/email and we can create and upload an video and send them, probabably we can do this also on the frontpage, and send them the link for this video, so we point out that we like this match to happen.
      What do you and PFDC Staff think?

Let us give some input, if we want good output..

Source:
      https://www.dfb.de/die-mannschaft/spiele-termine/ (14.11. is in Cologne)
      https://www.dfb.de/die-mannschaft/sp...rmine/termine/ (10.11. is also planed as friendly for a match. Here venue is open, probably an away match is planed/wished by DFB)
      http://www.spiegel.de/sport/fussball...-a-322420.html
      France and Germany will have a driendly in Koln 14th november 2017 if both countries don't have playoff at this date

Comment

Nekounam was on TV and talked about TM and said that the IFF was at fault for what happened and that he learned a lot of CQ.

Comment

Originally posted by 04041374 View Post
          Nekounam was on TV and talked about TM and said that the IFF was at fault for what happened and that he learned a lot of CQ.
          Could you please elaborate?

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
            Ignorant khodeti.
            IF this was Iran, you would be asking FIFA to ban Iran from football.

Please read about Iraq and the attacks that are still happening there and tell me in all honesty and fairness that it isn't a dangerous place.
            Please don't take it personally. I did not say you were ignorant, I just happen to find this perspective quite undifferentiated, hence ignorant. If the same that has been happening in Karbala was happening in Tehran, I would not ask FIFA to ban Iran from football. That is a baseless accusation. In fact, we had a terrible attack in Tehran just some weeks ago and yet, no one claimed what you claimed I would claim.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorestani View Post
              Could you please elaborate?
              He was dismissed as assistant coach, but nobody talked about it and he himself was silent.
              Here is the full interview: http://static2.90tv.ir/7aba4f70/Neko...27_90tv.ir.mp4

Comment

Btw. Taj confirmed the Iraq friendly in Karbala. It will be held on a FIFA matchday.

Comment

Originally posted by 04041374 View Post
                  Btw. Taj confirmed the Iraq friendly in Karbala. It will be held on a FIFA matchday.
                  Horrible. Wasted friendly day. Garbage politics.

Reading the article though, it seems their source is an Iraqi newspaper so I would take the news with a pinch of salt.

http://90tv.ir/news/411621/%D8%AA%D8...C-%D8%B4%D8%AF
                  Last edited by Nokhodi; 08-18-2017, 05:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Keano View Post
                    Out of curiosity why are you getting so worked up by this discussion? It's just a simple discussion, did you have to go out of your way and call him an ignorant because he doesn't appear to share the same sentiments as yours defending Iraq's safety stability? All it takes is to do some research before comparing Barcelona's single terrorist incident with that of Iraq's daily reoccurrence of such attacks...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Thanks for your message. First of all, let me say that I would apologize to Nokhodi if he took it personally. In my previous post, I tried to explain that it was not meant to be personal at all. I am simply pleading for a more nuanced and, if you will, disaggregated perspective on terrorism in Iraq, or any other country for that matter. Let's summarize what we agree on before we move onto the more contentious stuff:

1) We are all concerned with, sometimes about, the safety of TM. That's the priority number one, I think we all agree on this.
                    2) Terrorist attacks, no matter whether carried out by ISIS or any other terrorist entity, pose a severe threat to TM's safety. We do not discriminate based on the terrorists' identity when trying to ensure priority number one, i.e. TM's safety. I think we all agree on this, too.

Now, and here is where we seem to differ, to be able to judge whether a given attack or series of attacks is indeed a threat or not, we need to look at the local circumstances very carefully and judiciously, lest we foolishly count out all parts of a country where security threats (these go beyond terrorism by the way) exist. Space is, in many instances, a mental construct. What we associate with a spatial area is very much conditioned by prejudices we carry with us. Example: when a German hears about war in the Middle East, she thinks all of Iran is unsafe. What seems malicious, or naive at best, is a common perception in the Western part of the world, a perception that those who know Iran a little bit better, can only pity. All I am saying is please don't fall into the same trap, look at Iraq from a sober perspective, recognize that Tikrit is not Baghdad is not Karbala is not Mossul, pay attention to local, not global news, and then form your own opinion. Now, that opinion might still very well differ from mine, but at least it will be an informed opinion. That's all I am trying to say.

Comment

Originally posted by rayshirazi View Post
                      What is all this hate towards Iraq? Unlike many other arab countries Iraq is our friend and have a close relationship to us. I agree that Iraq is not safe, but it is not any war going on in Karbala. If Iraq can assure top security for the game and we don't have any other friendlies then it is better than nothing.
                      I'm guessing you are under 35.
                      I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

IFF can do whatever it wants. CQ, the staff and the players are never going to agree to travel to Iraq.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                          IFF can do whatever it wants. CQ, the staff and the players are never going to agree to travel to Iraq.
                          that true, if cq dnt approve the friendly it will never happen

Comment

Originally posted by Z Joon View Post
                            Okey, but then who is? USA? EU?

Comment

A respected World Cup qualified team such as Iran has nothing to seek in a wartorn country for a friendly match.

Okay, let's say Iraq was a worthy opponent and a good preperation for our World Cup (lol), then why does it have to be in Iraq? Why not in Azadi, or any other country for god's sake?

There is only one explanation for this, and that is that politics is involved.

Can't they lay their hands off our TM?

Comment

Originally posted by Z Joon View Post
                                yup, and highly doubt any of them can ever be a trusted friend, even, or should i say Especially so Iraq, in light of the bloody recent history with them..!
                                yet we can not go make Enemy of them all either ( as we got plenty of enemies in the region already), especially so of Iraq..!

Geopolitically its extremely vital for IR to keep a somewhat cordial relations with Iraq (the only other Shia majority country and a immediate neighbor and a vital buffer zone ) and maintain significant influence over their government and people, but i dont see why do these clowns in IFF should pawn TM for achieving their political goals ..!

fact is regardless of how safe a certain region of that war-torn, khar-to-kar country may be from time to time, its a significant security risk to take TM there for a mostly useless Test match even from the football perspective..!
                                like i said even Iraq doesnt play their own freaking official games in back home due to safety issues, how dafaqu would it be considered even remotely a safe gamble for TM to go there for a sure to be a very nasty and contentious football game ..??

that country is still infested with ISIS and their sympathizers and military grade weaponry is probably hidden and spread out all over that country, even so in karbala..!
                                for example, what would stop some bastard from using a ground to ground missiles in order to launch and hit the middle of the pitch while game is being played there..!!?

Comment

Working...
                                X