Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Realist View Post
    Sanat

Interesting too- first Korean to play in Iran league make a historic appearance. Decent show but he needs to learn Abadani not English to communicate- best way to command the lingo try saying Woolek while wearing a Ray ban!
    More like "needs to learn Portuguese/Brazillian" [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Keano View Post
      More like "needs to learn Portuguese/Brazillian" [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Great idea. Next import a Chink from Macao!!
      sigpic
      Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

Originally posted by The Realist View Post
        Great idea. Next import a Chink from Macao!!
        Enough of racism and racist words! You have been around too long not to know better!

Comment

What's with these cheesy names our clubs have??!!! SANAT NAFT. who names a team that??!!!

Comment

Originally posted by eerooni View Post
            What's with these cheesy names our clubs have??!!! SANAT NAFT. who names a team that??!!!
            I'm pretty sure it's the company that owns/is in charge of the team,

Comment

Originally posted by eerooni View Post
              Not so, if they finance and sponsor this team- which is quite normal in Iran, see https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanat_Naft_Abadan_F.C.
              sigpic
              Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

Sanat Naft 1 Sepahan 0

DastNeshan must have copied CQ's earlier years tactics, defend in numbers and counter. The difference being Dastneshan tactics are defending deeper and breaking on counter from the 18 and at time using long balls. The halfway line is always handed to the opposition irrespective of away or home advantage!!

In Shadkam and Milad Jahani they probably have two of league's fastest players, which CQ in the shape of Gucci didn't have. Although Gucci is deadlier.

It will be interesting to see if CQ will have last minute additions and choose players from the leauge surprise package, the third placed Sanat Naft! Candidates, Hoorie, Abdullah Zadeh and Jahani.
                sigpic
                Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

Good job Sanat Naft. 2 amazing wins in a row against decent teams.

BTW Neda/Ala's absence is felt in this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Keano View Post
                    Good job Sanat Naft. 2 amazing wins in a row against decent teams.

BTW Neda/Ala's absence is felt in this thread.
                    Haven't seen him since 2011-12, definitely missed. These were certainly amazing victories for sanat I'm very happy to see them succeeding so far, they've always been the team I like to root for after Persepolis along with malavan.
                    Team Meli Iran
                    Perspolis FC
                    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Guys I’m just finding out now that a few weeks ago Founéké Sy passed away - anyone know the details of what happened? All I heard was he was in some kind of accident. Vaghan heyf may he RIP he was an absolute monster for one season with Sanat Naft I really enjoyed watching him play.
                      Team Meli Iran
                      Perspolis FC
                      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                        Guys I’m just finding out now that a few weeks ago Founéké Sy passed away - anyone know the details of what happened? All I heard was he was in some kind of accident. Vaghan heyf may he RIP he was an absolute monster for one season with Sanat Naft I really enjoyed watching him play.
                        he died of covid I think? 90 had a nice article about him, long piece. he learned persian quite well, seemed to really enjoy iran. RIP.

As for SNA, skocic did a nice job with them. They have a couple really interesting players. Posted in other thread, moslem mojadami, the 23 year old CM who has been captaining them even for skocic. Looks like a really promising player, reminds me a lot of lucas torreira of arsenal.

Mohammad Deris is 6ft7 in GK, only 24, very agile too. He is definitely one to keep an eye on.

Comment

I found this interesting, Sanat Naft had a good Portugese coach: Paulo Sérgio

He took Sanat Naft to 8th place during the 2018-19 season. Paulo Sérgio wanted to stay in Iran but could not and he blamed Donald Trump and US sanctions for this. Paulo Sérgio now coaches Portimonense in Liga NOS since Feb. 2020.

https://www.tehrantimes.com/news/436...p-made-his-job

“We brought through a lot of young players this season and won five of the last six matches. Iran is a huge country and there is a lot of talent there,” said Sergio. “The players there have the right mentality. I have found them to be strong, very good technically and they are not expensive.

“I think, if they are organized and if they get the infrastructure there correct, then in the future Iran could become a big player in world football.”

Comment

Portimense is just above the dead last (Aves) and have Mohanad Ali (the young iraqi) on loan from Al-Duheil Qatar. If they manage to avoid relegation, I can see them getting some iranian

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                              Portimense is just above the dead last (Aves) and have Mohanad Ali (the young iraqi) on loan from Al-Duheil Qatar. If they manage to avoid relegation, I can see them getting some iranian
                              He is not as young as you think

Comment

Paulo Sérgio is honestly a fantastic coach, Sanat Naft had found and they hit a jackpot with him, just today he hindered 1st place Benfica's title chances and previous game won against Gil Vincente. I am certain he has enough quality to help his Portimonese side escape relegation and become midtable contenders. I wonder if he considers bringing some of his players from Sanat Naft to Portugal?

Comment

Working...
                                X