No announcement yet.

Sosha Makani @ Mjøndalen IF | 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

on both goals his stupid defenders are standing around blocking his view rather than closing up on the shooters ..! both were beautifully striken shots that left him little chance for reactionary save, especially with limited vision afforded to him ..!!

i gotta say, i'd take this league action over kiri IPL any day...!! they may not be talent packed but they sure do seem to play the game the right, Modern way..! i think this experience will help him improve his Gkeeping pedigree immensely...!! Im proud of him for moving there..!

Comment

Sosha Makani @ Mjøndalen IF | 2016

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
      i'd take this league action over kiri IPL any day...!! they may not be talent packed but they sure do seem to play the game the right, Modern way..! i think this experience will help him improve his Gkeeping pedigree immensely...!! Im proud of him for moving there..!
      Not really, a 29 year old goalkeeper won't gain much experience and pedigree in the Norwegian 2nd league. Actually, it is rather laughable that a goalkeeper of his calibre (Perspolis, Team Melli) picks a semi-pro, barely pro club like Mjondalen. He deserves better.

Comment

Playing in that daghoon league won't do jack for him since he's playing against even worst players than the worst IPL teams. Even their first division is crap che berese the 2nd one, let's not exaggerate now with the Europe mesmerisation

Comment

Originally posted by Z Joon View Post
          Playing in that daghoon league won't do jack for him since he's playing against even worst players than the worst IPL teams. Even their first division is crap che berese the 2nd one, let's not exaggerate now with the Europe mesmerisation
          I agree that he is better than the 2nd div, but exactly how much Norwegian first div football do you watch to make that statement? I would say that it is AT LEAST on par with PGL, with better training and more professional atmosphere... So if I were to choose, I would rather have him play Div 1 Norwegian than PGL (which is a very real possibility next year).

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
            Not really, a 29 year old goalkeeper won't gain much experience and pedigree in the Norwegian 2nd league. Actually, it is rather laughable that a goalkeeper of his calibre (Perspolis, Team Melli) picks a semi-pro, barely pro club like Mjondalen. He deserves better.
            At lest he is getting more playing time than out first string TM goalie....heyoooooo!

Just poking fun at Haghighi, I hope he finds a team that gives him some playing time. Another WCQ campaign, another nervous situation with our goalies.

Comment

Originally posted by Ando Teymourian View Post
              I agree that he is better than the 2nd div, but exactly how much Norwegian first div football do you watch to make that statement? I would say that it is AT LEAST on par with PGL, with better training and more professional atmosphere... So if I were to choose, I would rather have him play Div 1 Norwegian than PGL (which is a very real possibility next year).
              I would also rather see him challenging himself in a decent Norwegian 1st division team but honestly I don't really care that much since even if he was to stay in Iran he most likely would get overshadowed by younger and more consistent keepers that are regularly being called up to TM nowadays, I can't see him attracting anything more than average IPL teams or slightly above that like the Saipa-Naft type teams.

I don't expect him to have a future with TM even as 2nd-3rd choice if he stays in Iran so he might as well try his luck in the first division and shine there to win a spot, but as long as he's in the crap league that he's in (in which even the 1st division is considered as 21st in Europe, behind Belorussian league) he will be irrelevant imo, especially at his age

Comment

Originally posted by Z Joon View Post
                I would also rather see him challenging himself in a decent Norwegian 1st division team but honestly I don't really care that much since even if he was to stay in Iran he most likely would get overshadowed by younger and more consistent keepers that are regularly being called up to TM nowadays, I can't see him attracting anything more than average IPL teams or slightly above that like the Saipa-Naft type teams.

I don't expect him to have a future with TM even as 2nd-3rd choice if he stays in Iran so he might as well try his luck in the first division and shine there to win a spot, but as long as he's in the crap league that he's in (in which even the 1st division is considered as 21st in Europe, behind Belorussian league) he will be irrelevant imo, especially at his age.
                I don't know bro... Every year there is 1 or 2 young hot goalies that emerge in the league, but can never keep consistent through multiple seasons. Even Beiro and Akhbari haven't been in top form (from near the end of last season until current game week). Mazaheri is clutch, but lets see if he can keep it up.

Opinions change fast, if Sosha can promote to first div and play well, he might start looking like an attractive option for TM.. Let's not forget, this guy was the best Iranian goalie in the PGL when he player for Foolad and Naft (behind Rahmati)

Comment

Originally posted by Ando Teymourian View Post
                  I don't know bro... Every year there is 1 or 2 young hot goalies that emerge in the league, but can never keep consistent through multiple seasons. Even Beiro and Akhbari haven't been in top form (from near the end of last season until current game week). Mazaheri is clutch, but lets see if he can keep it up.

Opinions change fast, if Sosha can promote to first div and play well, he might start looking like an attractive option for TM.. Let's not forget, this guy was the best Iranian goalie in the PGL when he player for Foolad and Naft (behind Rahmati)
                  I agree, and yes as you said opinions change fast, as fast as players forms as well. Based on form, Makani's last 2 seasons in Iran were pretty bad, and when even keepers like Beiranvand and Akhbari who are both 23 and far from their prime (which is around Sosha's age) are more consistent than him it says a lot, yes they haven't been in top form and make mistakes from time to time, but less than Sosha. As you say Mazaheri has been great excellent, with reflexes winning ZA games and consistently too, almost never making blunders. I rather invest in them than Sosha personally, at least unless he goes back to his peak form (which honestly no one has seen for a big while), and plays at least in a half-decent acceptable league

And yes young goalies emerge every year but I can't remember the last time we've had a keeper of Beiranvand's level at 21/22 years old. Haghighi for comparison was pretty shocking at that age both in attitude and gk wise even tho there was some potential out there and although Beiranvand makes some mistakes he looks very promising since 2014 at his age.

We'll see how things pan out, but right now, that's the current situation imo

Comment

Mjondalen 3:0 Bryne

Sosha with another clean sheet. Interestingly, Aram Khalili plays for Bryne and featured in this game as well. Mjondalen remains 8th.

Comment

Originally posted by 04041374 View Post
                      Mjondalen 3:0 Bryne

Sosha with another clean sheet. Interestingly, Aram Khalili plays for Bryne and featured in this game as well. Mjondalen remains 8th.
                      Rofl is he actually getting playing time? 😀 I thought he was just a benchwarmer?

Comment

Video tribute from official Mjondalen site to Makani

http://fb.me/1nl61Pq9v

Please share it so that I can show the interest to him.

Comment

Mjoendalen up 4-0 at half time against Ranheim. Sosha in net ofcourse.

Comment

They won 6-2, looks like Sosha won man of the match as well?

He must have made some great saves, otherwise its tough to win man of the match as a goalie when your team has scored 6 goals.
                            Any highlights around?

Comment

He is doing great, I am sure he will play in the top flight next season. Hopefully a big club like Rosenborg or Molde sign him!

Wouldn't be too suprised to see him back in TM before Russia, well done Sosha!

Comment

Originally posted by irani8perspolis View Post
                                He is doing great, I am sure he will play in the top flight next season. Hopefully a big club like Rosenborg or Molde sign him!
                                Wouldn't be too suprised to see him back in TM before Russia, well done Sosha!
                                He has been doing so well that everyone says this is the best goalkeeper in the entire country.

http://www.toppfotball.mif.no/
                                To the right of the page is a tv, press MIF 6, Ranheim 2. Here you can see highlights, we are now on qualification spot again.

Comment

Working...
                                X