TM Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TM Appreciation Thread

So, other than the CQ-Branko debacle, it seems that the news days for TM have been a bit quiet.

I am currently watching Argentina absolutely demolish the United States who have 0 shots in nearly 90 minutes. Currently down 4-0.

Despite everybody crying about our defensive tactics, we held Argentina for 90+ minutes, and actually nearly scored on them a couple of times and had a deserved penalty disallowed.
    In my mind, this makes me think that TM is years ahead of the United States, and many teams that are ranked in the top 30 in fifa rankings ahead of TM.

Seriously, in the past two years since the Brazil World Cup, Argentina has run absolute riot in many games. Rarely losing and becoming the number one ranked team in the world. This is their third straight competition to reach a final.

Honestly, other than the game they lost to Chile (who we beat 2-0 ) in Copa America final last year, Argentina has not really had any games like they had against Iran.
    Is it maybe that CQ's scaredy defensive/counterattacking tactics are what have made us not lose to any Asian team in 90 minutes in years, and the fact that we actually played well against Argentina?

I really want to know what people think of our packing the box, when teams playing Argentina are getting absolutely crushed with 4-0 scorelines.

I am proud of our TM. Thankfully, we are one of a small number of teams to save face against Argentina, and we have done so well in the last few years if you really think about it.

EDIT: Oh, and I totally forgot, Argentina barely beat us with younger Higuain, Di Maria, Aguero, and Messi starting. Di Maria and Aguero did not play against U.S. and they still killed the U.S.

That crazy lineup against an Iran side that was filled with aging veterans is quite the achievement.

With Azmoun, Mohammadi, Jahanbakhsh, Ezatollahi, Torabi, Taremi, etc. joining the stars of our Brazil tournament (Dejagah/Gucci/Hosseini/Montazeri), CQ has made a team that I truly believe can go toe-to-toe with any team!

Our team has an identity. Sure it is a defensive counter-attacking style, but people know that when they play Iran, goals will NOT come easy. I can guarantee that Korea and Uzbeks fear us 10x more now than they did 4 years ago. CQ has transformed this team into a potential monster of international football. So much respect to our coach and our players who play with Gheyrat no matter what. I can't remember the last time we lost with a scoreline like 4-0, or even worse, 7-0 like Mexico. It doesn't happen for us, and I thank TM for that!!

When Branco was the coach he was basically a criminal we sold tm spots and did what every Ali daei told him to do.

Everyone needs to be behind CQ , he needs our support right now

Comment

The most embarrassing thing here is seeing perspolis sheeps attacking CQ's fb page telling him that they're standing with Branko. What these guys are saying essentially is F*** TM and we prefer perspolis over team melli.

It just blows my mind that these people can call themselves Iranian. I just don't get it. Well done to Mansourian who said that our flag and national team has priority to clubs.

Comment

Originally posted by AminGP View Post
        The most embarrassing thing here is seeing perspolis sheeps attacking CQ's fb page telling him that they're standing with Branko. What these guys are saying essentially is F*** TM and we prefer perspolis over team melli.

It just blows my mind that these people can call themselves Iranian. I just don't get it. Well done to Mansourian who said that our flag and national team has priority to clubs.
        I see them as "havadar-nama". They are not representing a club, that sacrificed the 1998 league to let their NT players prepare for the 98 WC.

Comment

Well said Afat11. I remember when we boasted about our rock solid defense back in 2013, an Argentinian member asked us how often has our defense been tested against a World Superpower like Argentina.

Well he and the rest of his nation got to witness first hand our defense in an official WC game, and came back here and congratulated us for having one of the best defenses his team has ever encountered.

He summarized by saying that We had earned a LOT of Respect

Comment

Originally posted by AminGP View Post
            I am a Persepolis fan and stand behind CQ a 100% !!

TM is way more important than our league which is corrupted to the core. The only "pure" thing, we can take pride in currently, is the national team. Right now it seems that it is only CQ and his entourage that cares.

Branko does not care about Iran or TM. He only cares about himself.

Comment

Working...
            X