Ryan Tafazolli @ Peterborough United | 2016/17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by K. Nader View Post
    Firstly, my judgement are derived from what I've seen. It's easier to call someone bias when you know exactly what kind of response you'll get from them.
    Jabbari is currently 33 and moved to Qatar at 30. Of course he's regressed. Most players do regress during this period. Of course, you can come back and retort with 'Yes, most players regress during this phase but he wouldn't have regressed as much if he spent this time in Iran". This would be derived out of speculation and bias. You're right when you say that I don't know how Jabbari and Pouladi are currently doing but then again, why should I care how they're currently doing when they're not even in the TM picture? So long as Pouladi was in the TM picture (until the 2015 AC), I had no problems with his performance (aside from the silly dive in the QF against Iraq). Remember, I'm not arguing whether players would progress if they move to Europe, I'm arguing whether players regress when they go to Qatar.
    As for your Gucci and Dejagah comments, hyperbole much? Either way, after every match, there are some who argue that Dejagah is finished while others believe he is still playing an important role in the team. I'm in the latter and I suppose you're in the former. That's fine.
    Lastly, as for Pouraliganji, he certainly could have become become even better if he went to Euorpe but playing in the Middle East doesn't mean he will regress. That's just speculation on your part (that is derived from your own bias). He may plateau in his development but it doesn't mean he'll regress. If PAG can be just as good as Hosseini or Montazeri, then we have a very good and reliable CB for years to come. What I'm more interested in is who his partner would be in the future - Tafazolli perhaps?
    Im not speaking based on bias I'm speaking based on what I've seen. I get al kass on the satellite and I've seen some of the games here and there. Outside of the 3 or 4 acl team the quality is really low. The average attendance is maybe 50 and the players mostly just stroll around the whole game. If Pouraliganji or someone else improves, it's becuase of their own work ethic and has nothing to do with the he league. Otherwise their would be more good Qatari players and they wouldn't have to search the world trying to find players to naturalize. The league raises the chance of regression especially if he stays there for multiple years. Right now I think he's hoping to make a move to Europe after the World Cup, but if he stays after 2018 he will most likely regress. There's no guarantee that going to Europe would have been better for morteza but the chances are much more. Hosseini is a really good player but imagine what would have happened if he had taken the offer from Wolfsburg. Again there might not be a guarantee but still the chances of progression are much higher. So in no way should we be okay with a player going to Qatar when the other option is Europe, especially when it is a young player, the chances of regression or stagnating are much higher.

Comment

I'll be disappointed if Queiroz retains his stubborn ways and doesn't add Tafazolli to the team before the Qatar game. This guy deserves it.

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

You guys need to chill out man, he is in a third tier league...

Comment

Originally posted by pres80 View Post
          Thanks for the update

Comment

You'd be shocked how good the English Football league 1 is... Probably on par with Greek league (maybe)

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
              You'd be shocked how good the English Football league 1 is... Probably on par with Greek league (maybe)
              I think that is pretty difficult to quantify. If you had said championship I would have been likely to agree. I also think that it is pushing it to say it would be disappointing for him to not get a TM call up. I am not saying he is good or bad - I have hardly followed him enough to say that - but if he was good enough for TM surely he would have moved to a better league.

Also greenguy4life, I actually did find your comment funny, but in case you were actually upset all I did was state my opinion like most of the posts in this thread. I would be happy to discuss with you if you disagree and accept I am wrong if so.

Comment

Ryan Tafazolli @ Peterborough United | 2016/17

You would like to think he is contributing to the team so much so that a mid to bottom table league one team like Peterborough is excelling at the top end of the third tier of English football.

Australia (Asian champions) also invited Luongo, who at the time played for Swindon Town in League, to play at the recent Asian Cup.

They gave Luongo a chance, and he won the best player of that tournament. If CQ doesn't even give Tafazolli a chance, how could we judge him?

Comment

Tafazolli's FA Cup game will be shown on Fox Soccer Plus on Tuesday:
                  http://www.livesoccertv.com/match/22...-notts-county/

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

Originally posted by littlepersia17 View Post
                    You would like to think he is contributing to the team so much so that a mid to bottom table league one team like Peterborough is excelling at the top end of the third tier of English football.

Australia (Asian champions) also invited Luongo, who at the time played for Swindon Town in League, to play at the recent Asian Cup.

They gave Luongo a chance, and he won the best player of that tournament. If CQ doesn't even give Tafazolli a chance, how could we judge him?
                    As I said in my previous post I haven't seen enough to judge his quality but merely saying if he is that good surely a higher up league team would have come after him or should do so in the near future. Is he anywhere near being as good as PAG? Because that is who he would have to replace. If he is, then count me in for inviting him. I'm sure CQ knows enough to discern if he is good enough or not regardless of what we think of the league he plays in.

Comment

Originally posted by littlepersia17 View Post

Australia also called up a teammate of Tafazolli, who hasn't been capped for Australia yet nor has he played a game for Peterbourough. His name is Brad Inman and he is 25.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brad_Inman_(footballer)
                      "I'm here to clean the carpets. Most of the world is carpeted. And, one day, we will do the cleaning."

Comment

Tafazolli's talent isnt my biggest concern with him... Rather, my question is, does he know enough farsi (or any at all) and could he successfully transition to a TM like culture?

I don't want him to be the next Davari lol

Comment

I think that is pretty difficult to quantify. If you had said championship I would have been likely to agree. I also think that it is pushing it to say it would be disappointing for him to not get a TM call up. I am not saying he is good or bad - I have hardly followed him enough to say that - but if he was good enough for TM surely he would have moved to a better league.
                          Also greenguy4life, I actually did find your comment funny, but in case you were actually upset all I did was state my opinion like most of the posts in this thread. I would be happy to discuss with you if you disagree and accept I am wrong if so.
                          I'm more annoyed at the fact people don't do their research on the league and club before making blind comments like he's only a 3rd tier player. I can pretty much guarantee that the worst league 1 side would destroy a top IPL side. I'm not crapping on our league, I'm saying that the lower tier football in the UK is at a very high standard due to most coaches being UEFA Licence Qualified and pretty much all the teams will have their own training facilities and stadiums. I coach with the Partick Thistle Youth Academy who's first team is in the Scottish Premiership and I can say that the majority of the youth players who are likely to move to 3rd or 4th tier sides will be quite successful and will gain great coaching which can mould them into possible national team players. Not to mention Tafazolli has really had a big impact on Peterboroughs defence this season as they've achieved more clean sheets and they're in the promotion spots.

I understand people don't really care about researching a 3rd tier league but there's no need to be negative

Comment

Originally posted by greenguy4life View Post
                            I'm more annoyed at the fact people don't do their research on the league and club before making blind comments like he's only a 3rd tier player. I can pretty much guarantee that the worst league 1 side would destroy a top IPL side. I'm not crapping on our league, I'm saying that the lower tier football in the UK is at a very high standard due to most coaches being UEFA Licence Qualified and pretty much all the teams will have their own training facilities and stadiums. Not to mention Tafazolli has really had a big impact on Peterboroughs defence this season as they've achieved more clean sheets and they're in the promotion spots.

I understand people don't really care about researching a 3rd tier league but there's no need to be negative
                            Idk about destroying a top IPL side, but they would definitely have a good chance to win. English Football League 1 is a really good league despite what some people think.

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
                              Tafazolli's talent isnt my biggest concern with him... Rather, my question is, does he know enough farsi (or any at all) and could he successfully transition to a TM like culture?
                              I don't want him to be the next Davari lol
                              his farsi is very limited but that isnt going to be big stumbling block in his assimilation into TM..!! The more important matter is that regardless of his obviously decent footballing quality, the guy sounds a respectful and top class lad who seems very Excited about the prospects of getting a TM call-up..!
                              face it, Davari's overall GKeeping quality was questionable @ best, and when he failed to show the all-important necessary commitment to the shirt, he was/is D.O.N.E as far as his TM career is concerned...... while CQ remains the head honcho..!
                              as a fan i can say that, i'd be much more pleased with rayan's possible invite than say that sweedish kid sasan..? sammaan ..!! at least we know about his 100% commitment to the shirt and the fact that both his head and heart are with helping TM's cause and in process helping his own career..!! unlike the Swede kid who's obviously more worried about how TM career may help him rather than the other way around..!!(not purticularly criticizing him for that attitude, but just sayin..!) its like when CQ first approached Gucci about TM, He didnt say ok let me think about it or what not, he was ecstatic about the invite and told Carlos on the spot that he would be honored..!!

Comment

Originally posted by greenguy4life View Post
                                I'm more annoyed at the fact people don't do their research on the league and club before making blind comments like he's only a 3rd tier player. I can pretty much guarantee that the worst league 1 side would destroy a top IPL side. I'm not crapping on our league, I'm saying that the lower tier football in the UK is at a very high standard due to most coaches being UEFA Licence Qualified and pretty much all the teams will have their own training facilities and stadiums. I coach with the Partick Thistle Youth Academy who's first team is in the Scottish Premiership and I can say that the majority of the youth players who are likely to move to 3rd or 4th tier sides will be quite successful and will gain great coaching which can mould them into possible national team players. Not to mention Tafazolli has really had a big impact on Peterboroughs defence this season as they've achieved more clean sheets and they're in the promotion spots.
                                I don't think I was negative at all. If you read my posts I repeatedly said that I am not saying he is good or bad but be realistic, he is in a third tier league so just because he is doing well there does not mean he is at TM level. Also no amount of research is going to clarify the quality of the league in comparison to IPL etc. The only way to tell if your statement is correct is them playing a match. My only point of reference is watching some championship games and IPL games. I've seen some equally bad football in IPL and championship so let alone League 1.

Regardless of all of that, the most important question is, is he really better than PAG, who he would be kicking out of TM?

Comment

Working...
                                X