Ryan Tafazolli @ Peterborough United | 2016/17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ali Doust View Post
    I think its fair to Sky bet league 1 is on par with IPL. More physical if anything.
    For sure. I hate when people overrate the IPL, but to be honest, its a much more physical and better league than i once thought. Teams like Persepolis would be in the mid-low FL championship and most of the IPL would be high League 1 teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
      For sure. I hate when people overrate the IPL, but to be honest, its a much more physical and better league than i once thought. Teams like Persepolis would be in the mid-low FL championship and most of the IPL would be high League 1 teams.
      The problem we have on this forum with some of our peers is that, they just want too compare talent for talent. To them they're thinking theirs no way these lower european leagues have better talent then guys like Taremi Hajsafi and such but they don't realize that its not the talent that makes the league its the management. Our best managed team is not at par with these league thus we would not be able to compete with them even with the great talents that we have.
      "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

The problem we have on this forum with some of our peers is that, they just wan tot compare talent for talent. To them they thinking theirs no way these lower european leagues have better talent then guys like Taremi Hajsafi and such but they don't realize that its not talent that makes the league its the management. Our best managed team is not at par with these league thus we would not be able to compete wight them even with the greta talents that we have.
        very well said

Comment

The problem we have on this forum with some of our peers is that, they just want too compare talent for talent. To them they're thinking theirs no way these lower european leagues have better talent then guys like Taremi Hajsafi and such but they don't realize that its not the talent that makes the league its the management. Our best managed team is not at par with these league thus we would not be able to compete with them even with the great talents that we have.
          Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
          very well said
          Indeed...!!

RawYawn FOR TM..!!
          we badly need solid, young reinforcement in his position and if he performs admirably this full season, whether his team promotes or not, i'd like to see him get a call up after we have secured WC18 Qualification..!!

Comment

Highlights: Peterborough United 3:0 Northampton

Comment

Quality of play doesn't seem the best but this is the true English style, just gritty, tough and fast.

Comment

Peterborough United won 2-1. Ryan played the 90 minutes. They are currently 7th in the league and one (1) point out of playoff contention for promotion.

Comment

Player ratings as per Peterborough Today:

Centre-backs Jack Baldin and Ryan Tafazolli caught the eye of the Peterborough Telegraph as did central midfielder Michael Bostwick.

Ryan Tafazolli: Rock solid in this game. Held his position well against some lively attackers. Rovers rarely broke through the centre of the Posh defence 7

http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/s...ight-1-7652978

Comment

Ryan Tafazolli @ Peterborough United | 2016/17

I've seen three full games of him (BEIN SPORT must have some Peterborough fans) and I can say that he is a pretty solid, no nonsense defender.

His height is so noticeable that he is always man marked for EVERY corner. He can score a few, which is handy for a centre back too.

The problem is the playing level isn't so good at League One. I'm not even sure how it compares with the IPL. What I do know however, is that the championship has a much higher quality (specially in defence). IF Tafazolli can cut it at a mid to bottom-table championship side, than he is more than good enough to play for TM.

Comment

Originally posted by littlepersia17 View Post
                      I've seen three full games of him (BEIN SPORT must have some Peterborough fans) and I can say that he is a pretty solid, no nonsense defender.

His height is so noticeable that he is always man marked for EVERY corner. He can score a few, which is handy for a centre back too.

The problem is the playing level isn't so good at League One. I'm not even sure how it compares with the IPL. What I do know however, is that the championship has a much higher quality (specially in defence). IF Tafazolli can cut it at a mid to bottom-table championship side, than he is more than good enough to play for TM.
                      I agree with you on that, while the league one is a very physical and tough league to play in, if he steps up to the championship league, ill be really impressed. This guy has the natural talent to do so.

Comment

Ryan started and played the full 90 minutes in Peterborough's FA Cup match against Chesham United. They won 2:1:

http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/s...tory-1-7663278

Comment

Ryan started and played the full 90 mins for Peterborough in the matchup against Bolton today. Peterborough won 1:0:

*Peterborough United move up to 5th in the league standings.

"Bolton created half chances, but Bostwick blocked one good strike, apparently with his hands, and Ryan Tafazolli was brave to keep out a close-range shot from visiting star man Zach Clough..."

http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/s...ifth-1-7676236

Player ratings:

"Ryan Tafazolli: His best Posh game. Appeared to relish the challenge of aerial duels against a very big and powerfully-built side. One excellent late block to deny Zach Clough an equaliser 9."

http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/s...ance-1-7677810

Comment

Excellent news!

They are now in a playoff promotion spot. 6 points away from direct Championship promotion...

If he gets to that level, he will be called up to TM.

Comment

Peterborough won 1-0, scored a 92 min goal. Tafazolli played 90 min.

They are still in playoff promotion spot and within distance of direct playoff promotion.

Comment

if he ever play in a Televised game, you guys be sure to bring it to our attention..!!

Comment

Working...
                                X