No announcement yet.

Ryan Tafazolli @ Peterborough United | 2016/17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats an awesome comparison. Personally i've seen some tape on Tafazolli and he looks like he could even start on some Championship league teams. He's also consistently played better as he ages. I'm not sure if he will be called up anytime soon, but I'm certain that CQ already has his eyes on him.

Comment

This guy is a 6'5" center back, don't know why Queiroz hasn't given him a chance yet.

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

^ agree. maybe he does not know about him or he has too much in his mind with the IFF and etc. as I can see him definitely having the talent. he is a beast in the air and has powerful shots so I don't see why not? here are his goals 2015-16

Last edited by webmaster; 07-12-2016, 12:45 AM.
        __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
        We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

Originally posted by webmaster View Post
          ^ agree. maybe he does not know about him or he has too much in his mind with the IFF and etc. as I can see him definitely having the talent. he is a beast in the air and has powerful shots so I don't see why not? here are his goals 2015-16
          I definitely think he deserves a call up to Team Melli

Comment

He can be given a chance in one of the preparatory camps. I'm sure CQ has an eye on every single potential TM player. He's the best scout himself.

Comment

CQ stopped looking abroad to import players. We have so many players going to Europe that his original intention has been met.

If you remember back to a couple of years ago, CQ was insulting our league's quality in interviews. Calling it an amateur league. He brought all the legionnaires to send a message to IPL players to get out of Iran, and we see that this is happening.

Whether CQ was the impetus for them choosing to leave or not can be debated. I think all of these players always had the capability to leave to Europe, but chose not to in the past. It may be a coincidence, but I believe there is a correlation between CQ's choices to bring in Dejagah, Gucci, Davari, Beitashour, Nazari, etc. and all of our players taking the first plane out of Iran to Europe.

Either way, I think CQ's focus is on our current crop of young players. I 100% want Tafazolli and Samizadeh to be invited in the future, but I doubt either gets called up until they really get to a level like Dejagah was in 2011. The bar has been raised by players like Sardar, Ezatollahi, etc. Tafazolli and Samizadeh would easily be invited along with Gucci, Nazari, Davari, etc. a couple of years ago, but not now. CQ has too many choices in our current crop. We have 10 or 11 players in Europe right now. That, on top of fairly solid IPL options means that Tafazolli and Samizadeh will have to really impress to get on the TM radar.

TM today is much more competitive and deep as a roster compared to 2012.

Comment

I don't blame CQ for stopping to look abroad with all the talent we got in the PGL it's never been this loaded and stacked. When CQ came to Iran there wasn't even a fraction of the talent there is now. There are guys like Morteza Tabrizi, Sajjad Shahbasszadeh, Omid Alishah, etc. that would all be fix starters if they were around in 2011 or 2012 but now can barely get a call up or a cap.

With that said, I must say that if CQ doesn't call up Samizadeh or Tafazoli if they're playing well, he is going to be making a big mistake. Both seem to got some love for Iran, at least I can personally vouch for Tafazolli on that and are guys that will be of heavy value in the near future, we are a few players away from having a satisfactory amount of euro-based players in TM and these two more importantly, will bring things to TM that we currently don't have. That's the biggest case they make for themselves....being brought up in Europe vs Iran makes a huge difference. Look at tafazolli's Insta and tell me if you can name more than 2-3 CBs as fit as him.
                Team Meli Iran
                Perspolis FC
                Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

First game of the season for Ryan, Peterborough won 3-2 and he played full 90 minutes.

Comment

Tafazolli was injured in the 21st-minute on his debut:

"Posh had lost new centre-back Ryan Tafazolli to injury straight after their first equaliser, but Michael Bostwick’s introduction to a back four that had included three debutants at the start of the game didn’t initially make it look any more secure."

Posh: Ben Alnwick, Hayden White, Andrew Hughes, Jack Baldwin, Ryan Tafazolli (sub Michael Bostwick, 21 mins), Chris Forrester, Jermaine Anderson (sub Gwion Edwards, 46 mins), Leo Da Silva Lopes, Marcus Maddison, Paul Taylor, Shaquile Coulthirst (sub Tom Nichols, 73 mins). Unused substitutes: Mark Tyler, Adil Nabi, Callum Chettle, Jerome Binnom-Williams."

Read more at: http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/s...nale-1-7513333

Comment

Hm on soccerway it said he played 90 minutes, apologies.

Comment

Originally posted by irani8perspolis View Post
                        Hm on soccerway it said he played 90 minutes, apologies.
                        Its all good bro. It was odd, on a few score websites it showed him injured, but then it changed and showed him having played the whole game.

Comment

Tafazolli was not in the squad as Peterborough beat AFC Wimbeldon 3-2 in the first round of the Capital One cup. This is great opportunity for Ryan to get exposure against EPL and Championship sides, hopefully he recovers in time.

Comment

Update on Tafazolli:

*Ryan picked up a hamstring strain and is expected to start training again August 11

Comment

Peterborough will play Swansea City in the 2nd Round of the EFL (Capital One) Cup on Tuesday, August 23rd.

Comment

Originally posted by irani8perspolis View Post
                                Peterborough will play Swansea City in the 2nd Round of the EFL (Capital One) Cup on Tuesday, August 23rd.
                                Definitely a game worth watching to see how he fares against high caliber opposition
                                Team Meli Iran
                                Perspolis FC
                                Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Working...
                                X