No announcement yet.

Ryan Tafazolli @ Peterborough United | 2016/17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can confirm via GolBezan, that Oceano da Cruz has a meeting with Ryan Tafazolli in London. There is serious interest from Carlos Querioz.
    Attached Files

Comment

Great news, hope to see him in the squad for the October game(s). I know CQ will be a fan if he sees Ryan up close
      Team Meli Iran
      Perspolis FC
      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

It cant hurt to try the guy out.

He seems to be in good form and must have good fitness.

Also, all he has to do is be better than someone like pourghaz, which shouldnt be that hard,
        AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Can't be worse than Ansari or Pourghaz

Comment

I mean he is probably the same level as a guy like ansari. But he is more physically imposing . He is not as good as some are making him out to be but it wont hurt to try him out instead of a guy like Pourghaz. Your inclusion in TM should be irrelevant of the quality of your club, league and totally dependent on the quality of the individual player in CQ's system and in comparison to TM players.

Comment

CQ has a fetish with strong and hardworking players so it wouldn't surprise me if he was called up before WC.

Comment

His only advantage is his height. He is not a mobile defender and has issues with his positioning.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                  His only advantage is his height. He is not a mobile defender and has issues with his positioning.
                  What advantage does Pourghaz or Ansari have?

Comment

Agreed, he's not that fast, but what about my previous suggestion in another thread about using a 3-5-2 to have 3 CB's of different qualities?

Having one veteran, one giant to keep control of the Dzeko's and Ibrahimovic type players (I know Ibra is retired from NT), and PAG as the Utility defender?

Essentially, a back line of this could do damage to many teams. Would really make us an impenetrable wall imo, and could be the Iranian version of Chiellini-Barzagli-Bonucci. If only we had a Buffon.

-------------------Any GK---------------------
                    ------Montazeri-Tafazolli-Pouraligangi------
                    Jahanbakhsh-Ezatollahi-Hajsafi-Mohammadi
                    --------------Taremi-Ghoddos---------------
                    -------------------Azmoun------------------

This formation gives us an even more solid defensive line going into the world cup, and also gets all of our attacking threats on the field with two attacking midfielders. The only issue would be seeing who on the RW could control both offensive and defensive duties. I'm sure Mohammadi can cut it on the left, but I'm not sure Jahanbakhsh has the stamina. Could sub in Rezaeian or even Beitashour if he keeps playing well at 60th minute or even start one of them in Jahanbakhsh's place if he is unable to cut it, and place Jahanbakhsh in Taremi's position, depending on who performs better in test matches.

I doubt CQ will do such an experiment, but the days of 4 at the back formations are dying. The most successful teams are the ones who do not stagnate in terms of formation. Most times when a new team rises to success, it is based on bucking the formulaic formations and bringing something new to the table.

4-3-3 was the "new" hot formation for a while, but many are moving away as it has become predictable as the tactical norm. I say we try 3 at the back as it fits our counter attacking defensive style, while still allowing us to utilize our offensive firepower. Mohammadi is going to break a few ankles with his dribbling in Russia and cross them in for Sardar, I can already smell it. With 3 different CB's bringing unique traits, I truly believe that we can frustrate and shut out every team in the group stage.

Comment

Actually his positioning is his best advantage How do you think he always scores and wins headers?

He's pretty mobile for his height, which is 6'5 not 6'3.

His one disadvantage is that he isn't good with the ball on his feet and needs work on his passing. Good prospect. Definitely better than Pourghaz and could honestly be better than Ansari too. We'll see..

Comment

Originally posted by Afat11 View Post
                        Agreed, he's not that fast, but what about my previous suggestion in another thread about using a 3-5-2 to have 3 CB's of different qualities?

Having one veteran, one giant to keep control of the Dzeko's and Ibrahimovic type players (I know Ibra is retired from NT), and PAG as the Utility defender?

Essentially, a back line of this could do damage to many teams. Would really make us an impenetrable wall imo, and could be the Iranian version of Chiellini-Barzagli-Bonucci. If only we had a Buffon.

This formation gives us an even more solid defensive line going into the world cup, and also gets all of our attacking threats on the field with two attacking midfielders. The only issue would be seeing who on the RW could control both offensive and defensive duties. I'm sure Mohammadi can cut it on the left, but I'm not sure Jahanbakhsh has the stamina. Could sub in Rezaeian or even Beitashour if he keeps playing well at 60th minute or even start one of them in Jahanbakhsh's place if he is unable to cut it, and place Jahanbakhsh in Taremi's position, depending on who performs better in test matches.

I doubt CQ will do such an experiment, but the days of 4 at the back formations are dying. The most successful teams are the ones who do not stagnate in terms of formation. Most times when a new team rises to success, it is based on bucking the formulaic formations and bringing something new to the table.

4-3-3 was the "new" hot formation for a while, but many are moving away as it has become predictable as the tactical norm. I say we try 3 at the back as it fits our counter attacking defensive style, while still allowing us to utilize our offensive firepower. Mohammadi is going to break a few ankles with his dribbling in Russia and cross them in for Sardar, I can already smell it. With 3 different CB's bringing unique traits, I truly believe that we can frustrate and shut out every team in the group stage.
                        You're missing our best player Seyyed Ashkan Dejagah

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
                          Actually his positioning is his best advantage How do you think he always scores and wins headers?
                          He's pretty mobile for his height, which is 6'5 not 6'3.
                          His one disadvantage is that he isn't good with the ball on his feet and needs work on his passing. Good prospect. Definitely better than Pourghaz and could honestly be better than Ansari too. We'll see..
                          I guess when you talk about '' the positioning'' of a defender you don't mean how he scores goals but rather how is his positioning in defending situation.

Comment

Imagine Hosseini, Tafazolli, and Pouraliganji coming up for when we take a corner in the World Cup... 100% goal conversion chance just from a corner. I would have
                            Tafazolli-Hosseini-Pouraliganji or Pouraliganji-Hosseini-Tafazolli

Comment

Originally posted by Afat11 View Post

Every time you come up with this idea i get really excited even in FIFA i use this kind of formation against stronger teams. If you have fast players upfront you could create a lot of threats. Not to mention that we have good headers which can help us a lot in set-pieces.
                              Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things and no good thing ever dies.

Comment

Originally posted by Erfan11 View Post
                                Every time you come up with this idea i get really excited even in FIFA i use this kind of formation against stronger teams. If you have fast players upfront you could create a lot of threats. Not to mention that we have good headers which can help us a lot in set-pieces.
                                Thanks man, if Tafazolli were already Iranian in FUT, it would be sick with Beitashour and Rezaeian in the team. I appreciate that you enjoy the idea, but I really just stole it from a lot of the teams I am watching. I have been watching a lot of non-Iranian football recently (international and clubs), and see that the tide is changing. Teams are figuring out that you can't copy the most successful team in the world's formation and tactics (formerly Spain's 4-3-3 tiki-taka style) and think you can compete against the big dogs.

I truly believe that is the reason for Korea's recent lagging. They are using formation and possession tactics from 2010, which has been neutralized by most teams worldwide.

The teams that have the best chance at going far in the world cup are those that come with a unique mindset. Hopefully TM does that. I know that our tactics are already CQ's unique style, but I think a change in formation to suit his tactic could be what takes us over the edge from potentially a strong group stage showing (which I believe is the minimum) to a Costa Rica like run to the Ro16 or even the QF's.

Comment

Working...
                                X