No announcement yet.

Ryan Tafazolli @ Peterborough United | 2016/17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have watched some of his matches and I think he is slow and bit heavy. He needs more speed and agility otherwise even in CB position he won't help us too much against fast attacking teams like S.Korea or vs teams that play on the ground. He is only good on ariel attacks vs physical European teams.

His size, height and being able to score goals are good but you should think about he has been playing in 4th division. If he can replicate the same result in league one, we can call him for trail. For now, let us wait and see.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
        That is one sexy mofo! [emoji12]

#nohomo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Unless he can pull a Jamie Vardy or Payet and accelerate his growth (not his height ) then he could have a chance. But 4th division or 3rd division defender would absolutely be annihilated by these great players in top leagues these days. Even an average European team forward would smoke him on defense.

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
            Unless he can pull a Jamie Vardy or Payet and accelerate his growth (not his height ) then he could have a chance. But 4th division or 3rd division defender would absolutely be annihilated by these great players in top leagues these days. Even an average European team forward would smoke him on defense.
            Did you watch Northern Ireland? They have guys in league one that were playing and guys playing on mid table Scottish sides (mid table sides are not even as good as league one) and not only held their own but impressed against a very decent Ukraine team. The lower leagues of England are far more competitive than any other country, it's a very tough and fast paced game in all ranks. I follow league one pretty closely because a good friend of mine is playing for fleetwood town (vardy's old team). The better defenders of league one can more than hold their own against average euro teams easily, as seen today vs Ukraine and many, many times in the past.
            Team Meli Iran
            Perspolis FC
            Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
              Did you watch Northern Ireland? They have guys in league one that were playing and guys playing on mid table Scottish sides (mid table sides are not even as good as league one) and not only held their own but impressed against a very decent Ukraine team. The lower leagues of England are far more competitive than any other country, it's a very tough and fast paced game in all ranks. I follow league one pretty closely because a good friend of mine is playing for fleetwood town (vardy's old team). The better defenders of league one can more than hold their own against average euro teams easily, as seen today vs Ukraine and many, many times in the past.
              ya but those irish guys are all used to the same style of play and system. Unlike Ryan who will be under a different circumstance on top of learning how to deal with cultural issues and bullshit of our TM. Perhaps he can pan out but we'll have to see how he'll do this year to make that judgement. He would have to work wonders to be considered an invitation for next June final stages of qualifiers.

Comment

Ryan scored, as the Posh draw 1-1 with "Boston" in their pre season.

Interesting comment under this image from former Mansfield Physiotherapist, and longtime friend of Ryan, Simon Murphy, who simply wrote "Future Iran Captain. WATCH THIS SPACE"

Simon is currently the first team physiotherapist with current English Champions, Leicester City.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I agree that CQ bashers will have a ball of a day, if this guy is invited, but do you honestly think cq gives a shiiiit? Pardon my Portuguese?
                  sigpic
                  Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

Why he doesn't consider any other leagues's options like Holland, Greece, Turkey?

Comment

"Ryan Tafazolli’s first-half header saw Peterborough United earn a 1-1 draw at Boston United in the opening pre-season friendly of the summer today (July 3).

Tafazolli has been signed to bolster one of League One’s leakiest defences, but his scoring record for Mansfield from set-pieces has also been noted by new manager Grant McCann."

http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/s...draw-1-7470273

Ryan Tafazolli also participated in the Peterborough United kit launch today. Pic available in the link:

http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/s...trip-1-7470535

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                        Why he doesn't consider any other leagues's options like Holland, Greece, Turkey?
                        This is not a player that has started earning his trade from Iran that should head for European leagues, he's born and bread in the uk.
                        Even top English players don't make it to European leagues. Every so often you get a Gareth Bale. English players are not technical enough for continental leagues and they are paid a lot more playing in the premier league which in the case of tafazoli neither would apply.
                        sigpic
                        Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

Originally posted by The Realist View Post
                          This is not a player that has started earning his trade from Iran that should head for European leagues, he's born and bread in the uk.
                          Even top English players don't make it to European leagues. Every so often you get a Gareth Bale. English players are not technical enough for continental leagues and they are paid a lot more playing in the premier league which in the case of tafazoli neither would apply.
                          I know all that, but he is 24 and i know it takes more time for defenders to develop but he probably has a year or two to jump to better league(call it anywhere you want) to get more visibility, if he wishes to play one day for Iran i guess a move to one of top 10 first division European League will help the whole process. I saw very little of this guy and can't judge his quality base on that.

Comment

Jamie Vardy was playing in the 5th division until the age of 25/26. So absolutely we're not ruling Ryan out. Thanks for opening this thread to keep an eye on him. He seems like a good player with potential to play in higher divisions.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                              I know all that, but he is 24 and i know it takes more time for defenders to develop but he probably has a year or two to jump to better league(call it anywhere you want) to get more visibility, if he wishes to play one day for Iran i guess a move to one of top 10 first division European League will help the whole process. I saw very little of this guy and can't judge his quality base on that.
                              He has set the goal for himself to be playing in the championship soon, let's wait and see if he can make that happen. Potential is 100% there, let him prove it on the pitch.
                              Team Meli Iran
                              Perspolis FC
                              Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by persian_pooya View Post
                                Jamie Vardy was playing in the 5th division until the age of 25/26. So absolutely we're not ruling Ryan out. Thanks for opening this thread to keep an eye on him. He seems like a good player with potential to play in higher divisions.
                                Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
                                You talk about exception.

Comment

Working...
                                X