Ryan Tafazolli @ Peterborough United | 2016/17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He has signed a 3 year deal with the league one side. They finished near the middle of the pack at 13th place last year, hopefully they can make some good additions and give themselves a chance at promotion. Wish him all the best, lets try to keep this thread updated.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36458821
    Team Meli Iran
    Perspolis FC
    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

What do we think about inviting him to TM?

The standard of League one is decently good, considering how many great young players have lately gone off to make a name for themselves in this league ( Dele Alli (Spurs), Ings(Liverpool), Zaha(Palace) Lambert (West Brom) etc. )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Would've been nice to see Neil Yadolahi find a team too. 2 Persian center backs in Europe

Comment

Neil Yadolahi has been called up to Iraq NT and never was close to being TM material

Comment

Originally posted by Z Joon View Post
          Neil Yadolahi has been called up to Iraq NT and never was close to being TM material
          How is he been called up to Iraq? Is he half Iraqi?

Comment

Originally posted by greenguy4life View Post
            How is he been called up to Iraq? Is he half Iraqi?
            He might have Iraqi heritage and knows he has much less chances of getting called up by Iran than Iraq therefore just accepted it

Comment

I tweeted Ryan this afternoon to congratulate him on his transfer and to ask if anyone from Iran has contacted him since I asked him if he'd play for Iran. He replied saying "nothing yet". Hope Carlos Querioz is following him. We need defensive reinforcements. League 1 is a good league with some really talented players, Ryan Tafazolli being one of them

Comment

Originally posted by Z Joon View Post
                He might have Iraqi heritage and knows he has much less chances of getting called up by Iran than Iraq therefore just accepted it
                He's been a free agent for a while, don't reckon he'll be in good physical condition for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by greenguy4life View Post
                  I tweeted Ryan this afternoon to congratulate him on his transfer and to ask if anyone from Iran has contacted him since I asked him if he'd play for Iran. He replied saying "nothing yet". Hope Carlos Querioz is following him. We need defensive reinforcements. League 1 is a good league with some really talented players, Ryan Tafazolli being one of them
                  If he hasn't even had any contact with queiroz or the tm staff then he's nowhere near getting called up to tm. He said he's never been to Iran so it would take a while to get the passport, sarbazi, and fifa documents through.

Comment

Raw-Yawn for TM...!!

Comment

Originally posted by ali alipour View Post
                      If he hasn't even had any contact with queiroz or the tm staff then he's nowhere near getting called up to tm. He said he's never been to Iran so it would take a while to get the passport, sarbazi, and fifa documents through.
                      yea, i think CQ n the gang are well aware of him, but atm do not think he is worth all those paperwork headaches..!?
                      he woulda had far greater chance of a call-up had he joined a Championship team rather than League one...!

from bits and pieces of highlights ive seen of him, he seems to have that inherent quality, size and pedigree to be a legitimate TM call-up candidate and there is also much need for re-enforcement and youth injection is needed in CB position for CQ..!
                      nevertheless, ATM it would also be a risky move for CQ to extend him an invite, as his domestic critics will have a hay day ridiculing such an invite of a English football 4th leaguer, (a non-farsi speaking, Dough-Ragge one @that..!), not to mention all the bitch-work needed to facilitate his iranian passport, sarbazi etc...!!
                      i think a possible TM call up Maybe on the horizon but not particularly near..!

if he can prove himself to also be an elite-level, 3rd league defender, TM's CB depths and quality situation become much more dire, then CQ may take a another EU talent-discovery tour and monitor him personally before sending him an invite of sorts..!!
                      he may also get an informal test trial with TM, if and when TM having a prep camp in EU..!?

Comment

Was Tafazolli born in Iran or England? Anyone been following him play as of late? how good would you rate him?

Comment

Originally posted by Keano View Post
                          Was Tafazolli born in Iran or England? Anyone been following him play as of late? how good would you rate him?
                          Born and raised in England, hasn't been to Iran ever before. His physique is quite impressive standing at 6 foot 5 inches and is very athletic. He scores more than your average CB too, from what I've seen he definitely deserves a call up. His potential is very high IMO, he has all the things you can't teach (height, athleticism, very driven based on my convo with him)....he's your stereotypical homegrown English footballer.
                          Team Meli Iran
                          Perspolis FC
                          Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

6' 5"? damn that's a giant for a footballer, wow it would be nice to have someone in TM with English football characteristics (Physical and masterful in aerial balls)

Thanks for the reply GA jaan!

Comment

He has no chance of making TM unless he plays regularly for at least a 2nd division English side

Comment

Working...
                              X