FIFA RANKING JUNE 2016 - IRAN INSIDE TOP 40

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by persian_cheetah View Post
    Does that mean Algeria/Nigeria/Costa Rica are better than England/Italy/Portugal just because they didnt qualify?

Iran has been better than the US for the past decade despite all the problems we had. At this point, I can strongly say that Iran is better than the US and will always be considering the fact that 3/4 of our squad are youngsters and are developing fasting than the US since most of our players are in Europe. Hopefully Taremi, PAG, Torabi, and Mohammadi also follow their footsteps.
    Have you been following US soccer? US is not as weak as you think. We actually have a lot of young talent in the squad like cameron, zardes, Pullisc, Nagbe. Many people criticize US for loss against Columbia NT. But, Columbia NT is really hard to beat and considering 2-0 result was one from penalty just speaks for itself.

Reality is US and Iran might be close in quality due to our new generation of young players but US is definitely a little stronger as the rank indicates.
    EAT. SLEEP. TM. REPEAT.

Comment

Does that mean Algeria/Nigeria/Costa Rica are better than England/Italy/Portugal just because they didnt qualify?
      Iran has been better than the US for the past decade despite all the problems we had. At this point, I can strongly say that Iran is better than the US and will always be considering the fact that 3/4 of our squad are youngsters and are developing fasting than the US since most of our players are in Europe. Hopefully Taremi, PAG, Torabi, and Mohammadi also follow their footsteps.
      I think you are selling the US short...these are the cap-tied players less than 25 years old they have available...

Julien Green age 20 - Bayern Munich
      DeAndre Yedlin age 22 - Sunderland
      John Brooks age 23 - Hertha Berlin
      Bobby Wood age 23 - Hamburg
      Christian Pulisic age 18 - Borussia Dortmund
      Zack Stefan age 21 - Freiburg
      Matt Miazga age 20 - Chelsea
      Emerson Hyndman age 20 - Fulham
      Caleb Stanko age 22 - Freiburg
      Jerome Kiesewetter age 20 - VFB Stuttgart
      Aron Jóhannsson age 25 - Werder Bremen

Now, many of those teams alone, are better than anywhere our legionnaire are playing at this present moment. Plus their full copa roster has 11 players in Europe, and handful in S. America and MLS.
      Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

I'm of the sound opinion an Iran-USA game now would end 1-0 to either side or 0-0. Our styles really suck the life out of the other team and the game would be boring as hell(for outsiders) to watch

Comment

Lolll so you're using the example of ONE WORLD CUP where Italy and England failed to make it out of the group to back up your opinion?

What about the fact that the US has qualified for the second round MULTIPLE TIMES, has made a quarter-final, and Iran has never done either of those.

US has clearly been more successful than Iran since the 2002 world cup and the stats are there to prove it. We haven't even been able to qualify for 2 straight world cups.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
            wow.... albania? that high?
            we must ask for a game with them. that'd have plenty of points, while we wouldnt be facing tremendous firepower.
            If I remember correct, CQs first defeat with TM was against Albania 1-0 (the match was played in Turkey).

However our team is miles ahead now and can comfortably avenge the defeat The team was not nearly as drilled as it is currently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3s6CP9sZxhQ

Comment

Originally posted by Cataphract View Post
              If I remember correct, CQs first defeat with TM was against Albania 1-0 (the match was played in Turkey).

However our team is miles ahead now and can comfortably avenge the defeat The team was not nearly as drilled as it is currently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3s6CP9sZxhQ
              Albania's team now is much stronger then back in 2012 as well. They beat Portugal and France last year.

Comment

Originally posted by teamiran View Post
                Lol really? Iran can definitely BECOME stronger than the US but the US has already been stronger than Iran for many years now.

We haven't even come out of the group stage once man. The US does it on a regular basis. Until we prove we are better, we can keep dreaming.
                OK I didn't mean to diss USNT. Their moving out of the first round in the last WC was just impressive.

But as someone who lives in the US, I view US soccer as a well orchestrated but lower version of N. European soccer. They have an amazing stamina and play fast and hard. They also have a lot of cash from their games broadcast. More importantly they culturally know what they want.

In contrast, TM is still slow. Our players do not have the stamina of their European and a American counterparts, and most importantly we don't have the money. Top that with the corrupt IFF, and we you get the picture.

Can Iran be in top 30? I still think so if we just improve IFF. Our players are already getting faster and stronger under CQs coaching.

Yes there is a lot if this and if that. Only if.....
                .... At the end I am nothing other than ordinary

Comment

Working...
                X