X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goal Line Technology .

click here.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-YrhySY2RM

Spain's 2nd goal (watch min 10.45) today was ruled out as offside first by the sideline referee but I noticed the referee spoke to an assistant in his microphone to confirm wether the decision was correct or not and he ended up accepting the goal after a review on replay I guess. This is the first time I see they're using a video technology and I think overall this is good and fair for the game. It took less than 20 sec for the decision and didn't affect the game at all.

Comment

Originally posted by AminGP View Post
      Spain's 2nd goal (watch min 10.45) today was ruled out as offside first by the sideline referee but I noticed the referee spoke to an assistant in his microphone to confirm wether the decision was correct or not and he ended up accepting the goal after a review on replay I guess. This is the first time I see they're using a video technology and I think overall this is good and fair for the game. It took less than 20 sec for the decision and didn't affect the game at all.

It was actually used in a dutch cup match Jahanbakhs was playing in to disallow one of AZ's goals too. Very quick.

Comment

Slightly worried about this as I'm a referee myself. Hopefully it doesn't start taking our jobs or something...

Comment

Originally posted by TheWheels View Post
          Slightly worried about this as I'm a referee myself. Hopefully it doesn't start taking our jobs or something...
          Video technology is not there to take over the referees jobs. It's just there to help them with very decisive decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWheels View Post
            They took err jerbs!!!

Comment

Working...
            X