PERSPOLIS - Fan Thread | News, Photos... - Page 2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 101 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: PERSPOLIS - Fan Thread | News, Photos...

Forum Staff
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,521 Times in 3,873 Posts

Meet your Persian Love Today
    Quote Originally Posted by Persianking View Post
    I still don't understand: what is the deal between J.Hosseini and Branko? Did they ever have some problem or something, I don’t get it. Hosseini is still one, if not the best, CB of Iran - never creates hashiye and is pretty consistent. What is the reason for Branko to reject him last year and this time as well?

Perspolis currently in negiotions with Khaled Shafiei (28) - CB of Teraktor - and Vahid Amiri (28) of Naft Tehran. Can't say much about Shafiei, but I am not a fan of Amiri to be honest.
    Indeed very strange, the good news is with kanani coming back from Malavan we will have some ambition and hunger in the back to match Ansari and Rezaeian. If only Jalal would be there......I think Branko will look to bring in a foreign CB as well.
    Team Meli Iran
    Perspolis FC
    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ghermez Agha For This Useful Post:

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,768 Times in 6,201 Posts
    I still don't understand: what is the deal between J.Hosseini and Branko? Did they ever have some problem or something, I don’t get it. Hosseini is still one, if not the best, CB of Iran - never creates hashiye and is pretty consistent. What is the reason for Branko to reject him last year and this time as well?

Perspolis currently in negiotions with Khaled Shafiei (28) - CB of Teraktor - and Vahid Amiri (28) of Naft Tehran. Can't say much about Shafiei, but I am not a fan of Amiri to be honest.
    I don't get it either, but they say Branko wants a defender who can build play up from the back and he doesn't believe Hosseini can do that.

Forum Staff

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,833 Times in 4,152 Posts

PERSPOLIS - Fan Thread | Season 2016/2017 | News, Photos...

I also cannot solve the puzzle behind Branko's reluctance in buying Jalal Hosseini I really don't get it, I doubt there is a beef between the 2, as neither of these gentlemen seem to be that type.

To me it seems like Branko avoids buying pricy players and prefers younger/lower priced players.
    Last edited by Keano; 05-26-2016 at 03:45 PM.

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,022 Times in 1,917 Posts
    I don't get how a guy like Hosseini failed to have European career even in some leagues like Russia, Belgium, Greece, i remember a guy like Mahdavi who played only couple games for TM played in Belgium. He is most complete defender we had since Yahya. Rahman Rezaei was nowhere close to him.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Iran_19 For This Useful Post:

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 1,373 Times in 700 Posts
    I agree with Branko on Jalal Hosseini. We don't need him. We have to look to the future, not the past.
    enough with over the hill players.

the most glaring need of the team was goal keeper. we signed the best Iran has to offer.
    second area was CB. I am sure We will find CBs that are better than what we had last season. so I am not really worried about that either.

but where the fuck are we going to find a replacement for Taremi?
    that is the biggest issue on Branko's mind now.

Forum Staff
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,521 Times in 3,873 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NFL View Post
    Not an issue at all, Branko should look to extend Bengston's contract. 7 goals in 15 appearances (most of which were substitutions) is very impressive. He did great when given a chance but with Taremi there he wasn't going to be a regular.
    Team Meli Iran
    Perspolis FC
    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ghermez Agha For This Useful Post:

High-Ranked Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NFL View Post
    I agree with Branko on Jalal Hosseini. We don't need him. We have to look to the future, not the past.
    enough with over the hill players.

the most glaring need of the team was goal keeper. we signed the best Iran has to offer.
    second area was CB. I am sure We will find CBs that are better than what we had last season. so I am not really worried about that either.

Aren't they closing in on Tiraxtur's DM ? he can play CB too. Not sure where I read it though.

YAS #1

ReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,794 Times in 4,336 Posts
    Mohammad Nouri apparently has an offer from Teraktor, but said he wants to return to Perspolis. Honestly his form obviously dropped a lot, but I would still get him back as we need his experience in crucial marches - surely he will be motivated enough to get back on track. What I don’t get is that it seem like some fans don’t want him claiming he doesn’t deserve it as he left Perspolis for money. This is more or less BS IMO - Nouri is 33 and YES!, he had all the right to go and get some arab money. Shame how the fans forgot how Nouri couple of times saved our ass and helped the team during bad times - did we already forgot what he did for us when we were struggling badly in the league? Big players shine in bad times...

Quote Originally Posted by Iran_19 View Post
    I don't get how a guy like Hosseini failed to have European career even in some leagues like Russia, Belgium, Greece
    It's his own fault. He had an offer from Wolfsburg which he didn't take - same story as always...
    Formerly known as Persianking!
    Follow me @
    instagram/iranscout
    instagram/nariman_iranscout

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Nariman For This Useful Post:

PFDC Asset
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,858 Times in 5,173 Posts
    As far as I remember, Branko didn't want Nouri and therefore sold him

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,410 Times in 581 Posts
    Mohammad Nouri apparently has an offer from Teraktor, but said he wants to return to Perspolis. Honestly his form obviously dropped a lot, but I would still get him back as we need his experience in crucial marches - surely he will be motivated enough to get back on track. What I don’t get is that it seem like some fans don’t want him claiming he doesn’t deserve it as he left Perspolis for money. This is more or less BS IMO - Nouri is 33 and YES!, he had all the right to go and get some arab money. Shame how the fans forgot how Nouri couple of times saved our ass and helped the team during bad times - did we already forgot what he did for us when we were struggling badly in the league? Big players shine in bad times...

It's his own fault. He had an offer from Wolfsburg which he didn't take - same story as always...
    Do you feel (most) Iranians players who reach some level of footballing quality suddenly become anxious and hesitant when faced with the next step.

It seems like mentality issue, the possibility of flopping in a challenging league and ruining the perception and image they have created for themselves.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 101 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread : 339

You do not have permission to view the list of names.