Mohammad Ebrahimi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mohammad Ebrahimi

He is 31 and on the older side, but he has been the second best striker this season. Incredible performance by him today, hattrick and drew 2 penalties. Very good dribbler, warrents a TM call up for me.

video of todays game: http://video.varzesh3.com/video/1117...C%D9%85%DB%8C)

Iran is spoiled for strikers at the moment mate. Azmoun, Gucci, Taremi, Ansarifard. You're gonna need someone really special - and with plenty of years ahead of him - to break through that.

Comment

I remember Ebrahimi featured in the WCQ against Uzbekistan a few years ago.

Comment

Unfortunately he would only suffice as a short term striker for TM if he were to be called up. Azmoun, Torabi, Taremi, Gucci are more than enough for now.

Comment

I'm against introducing 31 year old players to TM in this phase of our qualifying campaign, it's useless. We need younger players to gain experience.

Comment

How does this warrant him a TM call up? You have to consider the fact that our current crop of strikers in TM is one of the best we have ever had (as a group).

Azmoun
            Ghoochannejhad
            Taremi
            Ansarifard

.....he's not anything close to any of these guys. Before when he looked promising he flopped, CQ invited him to several camps. Also I wouldn't even pick him over Shabbaszadeh either, who I feel bad for because he's really talented and even he can't break through the TM roster given all the competition we have. Ebrahimi is a big no for me.
            Team Meli Iran
            Perspolis FC
            Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

He basically never plays as a striker with Gostaresh but as a LW. He was pretty good but still too old for TM

Comment

Originally posted by Z Joon View Post
                He basically never plays as a striker with Gostaresh but as a LW. He was pretty good but still too old for TM
                Yes, he is winger, right? I think he is good player, and for sure he is in Gostaresh because they paid in the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                  How does this warrant him a TM call up? You have to consider the fact that our current crop of strikers in TM is one of the best we have ever had (as a group).

Azmoun
                  Ghoochannejhad
                  Taremi
                  Ansarifard

.....he's not anything close to any of these guys. Before when he looked promising he flopped, CQ invited him to several camps. Also I wouldn't even pick him over Shabbaszadeh either, who I feel bad for because he's really talented and even he can't break through the TM roster given all the competition we have. Ebrahimi is a big no for me.
                  Only reason you say that is because he plays for a small club like Gostaresh where no one outside of Tabriz pays attention. I have watched several of their games and Ebrahimi has impressed me with his skill and dribbling ability.

Also he had arguably one of THE GREATEST single game performances in the history of PGPL yesterday, 3 goals and 2 penalties, and a constant threat, he singly handedly destroyed a team something that even as a Persepolisi I can say Taremi has not done yet. As far as I can remember the only performance that might have been better than this was Daei vs Saba (or some team) when he was at Persepolis. For sure he deserves to be given a chance with TM, he performed poorly once, but he has EARNED the right to be called up again. He is a constant threat and someone we can use late in games as a sub.

I will make a video on him soon to show the members what I am talking about. He is a good short-term/back-up solution for TM.

Comment

Mohammad Ebrahimi

Originally posted by irani8perspolis View Post
                    Only reason you say that is because he plays for a small club like Gostaresh where no one outside of Tabriz pays attention. I have watched several of their games and Ebrahimi has impressed me with his skill and dribbling ability.

Also he had arguably one of THE GREATEST single game performances in the history of PGPL yesterday, 3 goals and 2 penalties, and a constant threat, he singly handedly destroyed a team something that even as a Persepolisi I can say Taremi has not done yet. As far as I can remember the only performance that might have been better than this was Daei vs Saba (or some team) when he was at Persepolis. For sure he deserves to be given a chance with TM, he performed poorly once, but he has EARNED the right to be called up again. He is a constant threat and someone we can use late in games as a sub.

I will make a video on him soon to show the members what I am talking about. He is a good short-term/back-up solution for TM.
                    He is very good but not as striker, we have way too many great young players in line for this position.

He might be a solid short term option in case some of our wingers get injured (hopefully not) I agree with you. His dribbling is indeed among the best in the league

Comment

At this stage the gap between Sardar and other forwards is HUGE.

Comment

Originally posted by irani8perspolis View Post

He has been well known for awhile, especially when he had a breakout season with Tractor. He's not bad for IPL standards, but we do have better options.

I dispute what you said about this being the best single game performance in IPL history. That goes to either Reza Norouzi for scoring 4 goals in a game or Enayati for scoring 7.
                        راه یکی است و آن راستی است

Comment

Originally posted by rugs View Post
                          He has been well known for awhile, especially when he had a breakout season with Tractor. He's not bad for IPL standards, but we do have better options.

I dispute what you said about this being the best single game performance in IPL history. That goes to either Reza Norouzi for scoring 4 goals in a game or Enayati for scoring 7.
                          I said one of the best, and I also said Daei's performance was better. It certainly was one of the best.

Comment

His performance today was the best by any player in the whole season. Single handedly destroyed Zob Ahan. He has been on top form.

Comment

Working...
                            X