Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Cup Qualifying 2nd Round MD 8: Iran - Oman @ Azadi stadium (29/03/2016)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish super-Oman analyzed Guam as well since they visibly needed an offside goal at the 93rd minute to win at home while failing to beat them away

Comment

Ref is Minoru Tojo from Japan. Looking at his past games he seems to give out a lot of cards.

Comment

My line up is :

Mazaheri
        Rezaeian-Montazeri-PAG-Hajsafi
        Ezzatollahi-Ebrahimi
        Jahanbakhsh-Dejagah-Torabi
        Azmoun

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
          My line up is :

Mazaheri
          Ezzatollahi-Ebrahimi
          Azmoun
          I don't think Ebrahimi can handle more physical teams. It always seems like is struggling physically and it makes me uncomfortable.
          I like your front 4 though. Very dangerous.

And I would switch Montazeri with Rezaeian and bring in Hosseini. He's still more reliable as a CB than PAG.

Comment

I would start taremi over azmoun.

Comment

Originally posted by persepolisfan View Post
              I would start taremi over azmoun.
              why is that?

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                My line up is :

Mazaheri
                Ezzatollahi-Ebrahimi
                Azmoun
                I'd put the same, with Ghafouri instead of Rezaeian

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                  I don't think Ebrahimi can handle more physical teams. It always seems like is struggling physically and it makes me uncomfortable.
                  I like your front 4 though. Very dangerous.
                  And I would switch Montazeri with Rezaeian and bring in Hosseini. He's still more reliable as a CB than PAG.
                  Ezzatollahi can win battles in middle and do that physical part of game against physical teams like Oman, Uzbaks and few others in Asia, Ebrahimi can play as bridge between defense and midfielder as he is faster than Ezzatollahi and usually make transition faster. I also like Kamyabinia who is underrated if you ask me but main reason i include Ebrahimi because of his pace and fast transition.
                  For sure coming to bigger stage we need both Jalal and Montazeri in line up but can they keep it up against faster teams? i don't know. One is 34 and another is 32, too bad Montazeri made his first appearance for national team around 27-28 years old and was victim of many injuries, the guy play it really smart and as you mentioned he can play as right back, he is probably one of few defender in Iran who has a decent first pass as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Z Joon View Post
                    I'd put the same, with Ghafouri instead of Rezaeian
                    Ghafouri is more defensive and play better as traditional right back, however Rezaeian is more attack minded right back who happen to be off position sometime because of his desire to push attack, i am fine with either of them but i like Ghafouri of AC much better than now.

Comment

Line up I think CQ will go for:

Akhbari (tough to say but CQ might wanna give him his debut)
                      Ghafouri-Hosseini-Montazeri-Hajsafi
                      Ezatollahi-Ebrahimi
                      Jahanbakhsh-Shojaei-Dejagah
                      Ansarifard

Possible subs: Torabi, Azmoun, Shojaeian or Kamyabinia depending on the game in 2nd half

Dejagah and Ansarifard will definitely start. He took them to the game conference today if I'm not mistaken. Anyone got news on Gucci's injury?

The line up that I would like vs. Oman

Akhbari
                      Ghafouri-Hosseini-Pourghaz-Mohammadi
                      Kamyabinia-Ezatollahi
                      JB-Dejagah-Torabi
                      Ansarifard

Subs: Azmoun, Shojaeian/Ebrahimi, Gucci if he's fit.

As much as I like Rezaeian, I just don't trust him at NT level. He had a pretty shit game IMO vs. a team like India. Ghafouri is faster and has better crosses.

I know Haj-Safi is vice-captain and all that but he has had good BUT notable bad performances at LB especially in the away leg in Oman when he left his man unmarked which has happened a few vital times in his TM career so let's see if Mohammadi can do any better in defence and how he can contribute in attacks.

Don't know about Taremi. He's not impressing me with TM. Maybe he needs time but he hasn't been that good against subpar Asian teams.
                      Last edited by Farhad-7; 03-28-2016, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Definitely Jalal should be put back in the team. As much as I like PAG, but he is not a very solid defender. Makes childish mistakes .. I would use PAG as defensive midfielder.

Comment

Originally posted by Malavani View Post
                          why is that?
                          taremi is better on the ball and his movement is what starts many of our attacks. Look at the highlight of the India match, he may not have touched the ball very often (too much takravi from guys like amiri) but his running off the ball created a lot of space. He was actually more involved then azmoun I think.

Comment

I have a feeling that Shojaeian will start behind Azmoun. Highly doubt Masoud will get another start. CQ is still experimenting so it's hard to predict the line up and in my opinion besides Jahanbakhsh in his current form and Hosseini and maybe Haji Safi, all the other 8 positions are up for grabs.
                            چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد
                            We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

So did Iran make their daylight savings? I assume that going by the time conversion by Navid jaan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sarbaz View Post
                                This is a must win for Iran in terms of prestige

Iran has never beaten Oman in the past 3 tries

2 draws and a loss
                                Any idea when the last time was that we beat them? As far as I can remember we haven't beaten them in a long time, back in 2004 during AC we barely drew them on the 94' by Nosrati goal

Comment

Working...
                                X