Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Cup Qualifying 2nd Round MD 8: Iran - Oman @ Azadi stadium (29/03/2016)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Damavand View Post
    Trust me, no team in the World including World Champions Germany, can beat TM at the Azadi by 8 goals.
    Or Argentina for that matter

Edit: Just realized you mean in Azadi. I meant Iran hasn't lost by that many goals by anyone ever actually. Not even footballing giants such as Germany or Argentina. Apparently our biggest defeat was a 6-1 loss to Turkey.

I hope Argentina comes and plays in Azadi in the future. But I doubt it under the islamic republic due to political tensions.
    Last edited by teammelli91; 03-25-2016, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bessos View Post
      Official: Oman needs to beat Iran 8 - 0 to top the group and eliminate us.

We can play a relaxed game.
      We should just forget about the game and give them a 0-3 victory on walkover then

Comment

Originally posted by Camran khan View Post
        We should just forget about the game and give them a 0-3 victory on walkover then
        LOL didn't think of that before.

Good idea. Just forfeit the match and we are through.

And Oman be like: NO please don't forfeit peleaseeee!!

Comment

My line-up:
          Beiranvand
          Rezaeian - Montazeri - Hosseini - Mohammadi
          Ebrahimi - - - Ezatolahi
          Dejagah - - - - - Shojaeian - - - - - - Torabi
          Azmoun

Comment

Originally posted by masoud nekounam View Post
            My line-up:
            Beiranvand
            Rezaeian - Montazeri - Hosseini - Mohammadi
            Ebrahimi - - - Ezatolahi
            Dejagah - - - - - Shojaeian - - - - - - Torabi

Azmoun
            I like this lineup but I want to see Karim given a chance, azmoun was pretty average last game, let's give Karim the nod and bring on azmoun in the 2nd half. Also beiranvand hasn't been very good this year I'd rather give Akhbari a go between him and Mazaheri they have been the two best in the PGL this season by far.

Akhbari

Rezaeian Pourghaz Pouraliganji Mohammadi

Kamyabinia Ezzatolahi

Jahanbakhsh Shojaeian Torabi

Ansarifard
            Team Meli Iran
            Perspolis FC
            Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

i was thinking for the third round we have good debth of a team, we have ando, dejagah,jahanbaksh, gucci,azmoun,torabi, hajsafi,taremi, ansarifard,ezatollahi and omid ebrahimi, we have good number of players, is going to be a heache for CQ to choose stating 11 expecially midfield and formward

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan singapore View Post
                i was thinking for the third round we have good debth of a team, we have ando, dejagah,jahanbaksh, gucci,azmoun,torabi, hajsafi,taremi, ansarifard,ezatollahi and omid ebrahimi, we have good number of players, is going to be a heache for CQ to choose stating 11 expecially midfield and formward
                True. However we know CQ likes going for experience in tough matches. The question is if he considers the experience gained by Ezzatolahi, Torabi, Taremi, etc is enough for them to stake a claim to a starting place.

Comment

Are you guys sure it is the goal difference and not Head to Head? Who can provide here the official format statement in this regard from FIFA?

Comment

Originally posted by golffan View Post
                    Are you guys sure it is the goal difference and not Head to Head? Who can provide here the official format statement in this regard from FIFA?
                    Here you go:

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/tour...15_neutral.pdf

Article 20.6 and 20.7

"In the league format, the ranking in each group is determined as follows:
                    a) greatest number of points obtained in all group matches;
                    b) goal difference in all group matches;
                    c) greatest number of goals scored in all group matches.
                    If two or more teams are equal on the basis of the above three criteria, their
                    rankings shall be determined as follows:
                    d) greatest number of points obtained in the group matches between the
                    teams concerned;
                    e) goal difference resulting from the group matches between the teams
                    concerned;
                    f) greater number of goals scored in all group matches between the teams
                    concerned;
                    g) the goals scored away from home count double between the teams
                    concerned (if the tie is only between two teams)."

Comment

Originally posted by Omids View Post
                      True. However we know CQ likes going for experience in tough matches. The question is if he considers the experience gained by Ezzatolahi, Torabi, Taremi, etc is enough for them to stake a claim to a starting place.
                      forwards i have all along is gucci and azmoun all day long, the 3 or 4 midfielders is the issue, we have many from ando,ezatolahi, torabi,jahanbaksh ,dejagah, choosing can be hard, but is better than 2014 were we didnt have alot of options, now we have option expecially if players get suspended due to yellow cards,

Comment

Thank you Mahestan.

Comment

I hope Reza is fit to play,would be awesome to see this lineup:

Lineup:
                          ---------------------Mazaheri--------------------------
                          -Ghafouri-----Hosseini--Montazeri------Mohammadi
                          ------------Ezatolahi------Teymourian----------------
                          --Jahanbakhsh-----Dejagah----------Hajsafi---------
                          -----------------------Reza-----------------------------

SUBS:
                          Torabi => JB
                          Azmoun => Reza
                          Ansarifard => Dejagah

Prediction:
                          2-0 Iran
                          --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                          --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                          ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                          --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                          ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Karimi 8 View Post
                            I hope Reza is fit to play,would be awesome to see this lineup:

Lineup:
                            ---------------------Mazaheri--------------------------
                            -Ghafouri-----Hosseini--Montazeri------Mohammadi
                            ------------Ezatolahi------Teymourian----------------
                            --Jahanbakhsh-----Dejagah----------Hajsafi---------
                            -----------------------Reza-----------------------------

SUBS:
                            Torabi => JB
                            Azmoun => Reza
                            Ansarifard => Dejagah

Prediction:
                            2-0 Iran
                            Teymourian is not in the squad for this game due to injury. Your line up for Oman game is very similar to mine except I use Torabi instead of Jahanbakhsh, Shojaeian instead of Teymourian, Pourghaz over Montazeri, and Beiranvand over Mazaheri. We need to rotate the line up for Oman game.

Comment

Oman team arrived in Tehran

Comment

Originally posted by golffan View Post
                                Thank you Mahestan.
                                My pleasure. Here is hoping to TM beating Oman with a big goal margin.

Comment

Working...
                                X