No announcement yet.

Iranian Businessman buys 77.2% share in Everton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think daei would be good for a role as asian talent scout or something/some sort of ambassadorial role.

It makes sense, he has been blacklisted from work in IR, wants something to keep busy and have on CV until his situation changes and he can resume head coaching again whenever that is. He is not the type to emigrate from iran or anything, but certainly would rather be in the picture and anything with a euro club is obviously a big deal.

Comment

I don’t doubt Daei’s ability to find talent in Iran - as mentioned, despite his limitations as a coach he was impressive in his time introducing young players to TM. It’s that a scouting or ambassadorial role would create even more confusion given Brands position as DoF. Unless there’s a good working relationship between the manager and the DoF it can create tensions between their objectives and the differing time frames for success (as when Marco Silva threatened to resign if Gueye was sold to PSG - which he eventually was). Adding Daei’s ego to the mix, with Ancelotti and Brands already being big names would not be the most well thought out appointment, but then again it doesn’t seem like there is much of a coherent vision at Everton these days.

Comment

Daei is the one who plucked Taremi from lower league obscurity and brought him to Persepolis, then made him a starter.

Comment

Moshiri has the money to do 10 times what Bayat has done. So far, he has chosen not to.

Everton is a fantastic club with a great infrastructure. They are stalwarts of the Premier League.

Even having a young U21 Iranian starlet in their youth team would be good. Wake me up when Moshiri decides to do something for Iranian football rather than his ample pocket.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
            Moshiri has the money to do 10 times what Bayat has done. So far, he has chosen not to.

Everton is a fantastic club with a great infrastructure. They are stalwarts of the Premier League.

Even having a young U21 Iranian starlet in their youth team would be good. Wake me up when Moshiri decides to do something for Iranian football rather than his ample pocket.
            Exactly. Besides Moshiri is not really running the club, he's just a front for Usmanov.
            These guys only allegedly launder money. Just like Kia Joorabchian and co.

Comment

Has he increased his stakes in Everton? Because in Wiki it says 77.2%.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Farhad_Moshiri

Comment

Omid Ebrahimi with Australian and Evertonian legend Tim Cahill.

Comment

Daei has obviously confirmed this and is planning to travel to UK for negotiations.

ه گزارش "ورزش سه" طی هفته*های اخیر خبر احتمال حضور علی دایی در تیم اورتون انگلیس، به سوژه داغ رسانه*های داخلی و برخی رسانه*های معتبر خارجی بدل شده است و همگان در انتظار آن بودند تا با توجه به این*که مالکیت باشگاه اورتون در اختیار یک شخصیت ایرانی به نام فرهاد مشیری است، واکنش علی دایی را به این خبرسازی*ها بدانند؛ با این*که برخی رسانه*ها پیشنهاد اورتون را صرفا یک گمانه*زنی یا شایعه خواندند اما خود علی دایی نیز این پیشنهاد را تایید کرد.

دایی در توضیح پیشنهاد ارائه شده از سوی باشگاه اورتون گفته است: بله، باشگاه اورتون به من لطف داشت که پیشنهاد همکاری داده است؛ در صورت فراهم شدن شرایط برای صحبت و مذاکره به انگلستان خواهم رفت تا ببینیم به چه صورت برای همکاری می*توانیم به توافق برسیم.

بدون*تردید حضور شهریار فوتبال ایران در باشگاه اورتون می*تواند یک اتفاق هیجان*انگیز و یک رخداد ویژه برای فوتبال ایران باشد که باید دید کی و در چه شرایطی این مهم رخ خواهد داد و چه جایگاهی برای دایی در باشگاه انگلیسی از سوی مدیران این باشگاه تعریف می*شود.

Comment

Originally posted by Essi View Post
                    Has he increased his stakes in Everton? Because in Wiki it says 77.2%.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Farhad_Moshiri
                    Recently , he put more money in the the club. Well as others and myself have said before , questionable on who’s money it is.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55279993

Comment

Do the Everton owners have another club? With visa rules barring non-TM players, I don't see who Everton could sign from Iran that would make an impact

Comment

Wow I can’t believe this is happening....I’m very eager to know what his role will be. Even if it’s a scouting role (which is what I’m expecting) it can have big implications for our future young generation of footballers. This is HUGE stuff guys pray to whoever it is you pray to this works out!
                        Team Meli Iran
                        Perspolis FC
                        Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Dortmund View Post
                          Do the Everton owners have another club? With visa rules barring non-TM players, I don't see who Everton could sign from Iran that would make an impact
                          Moshiri is the business partner of Usmanov who used to own shares in Arsenal but no longer. I don’t think they have interest in any other clubs ( Usmanov has had money in CSKA Moscow before ) .

From Jan 1st the visa rules for foreign players in England are going to get tougher too.

Comment

Lol even Moshiri knows if he pushes bringing Iranian players to Everton, they'd be benched/stay in the reserve squad

Joking, but who knows. Maybe this will happen with a bigger player. As in, a player who has had many years in Europe under their belt.

I'm not for signing random players because they're Iranian. But say for example, a player like Taremi who almost wins the golden boot. Am athlete of that caliber should be considered by clubs like Everton. So in that regard I hope Moshiri plays a role. Or even Milad Mohammadi. If he does well and his statistics are nice, why not have Everton go after him?

Basically we should support Moshiri if he goes after players who can deliver and progress at Everton. Not some random player who runs circles around Mes Doolab and Naft Gazvin United, but can't hold their own in a fast/physical league like the EPL. That's what I mean.

Comment

^ To add to what I said: This is why some members don't understand why many of us are frustrated with the situation of Jahanbakhsh. You see, we know the demands of a league like the EPL. We know where a player needs to be mentally and physically to be capable to compete weekly in such a league.

That's where our frustrations come from. Because Jahanbakhsh isn't some random rinky dink player who came out of the Azadegan league and put straight into Brighton. Prior to Brighton he had been in Europe for 5 years, helped NEC promote, won golden boot with AZ, experiences in 2 World Cups/2 Asian Cups.. And lastly, after a year in the EPL he deserved a lot better than what he was given.

So while many of us are happy there is a figure like Moshiri, we don't want shitty players embarrassing Iranian football in England. But we sure as heck won't stand back or stay quiet when we see an Alireza Jahanbakhsh caliber player being treated like crap either That's what I mean.

Comment

Just read on IG that Daei has signed @ Everton.

Can anyone confirm?

<EDIT> Also on twitter;

Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
                                O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

Working...
                                X