Iranian Businessman buys 77.2% share in Everton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
    Why would a club like Everton want a QSL player like Dejagah? He isn't attractive anymore. He's done and not returning to Europe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well I don't know about Dejagah, although seeing as how he has done well in Europe, he has the pedigree for that level of competition. The fact is £150m isn't exactly the highest amount of money compared to bigger BPL teams, and it isn't pennies either. They could probably sign one or two big names, but will need cheaper talent to round out the teams areas of weakness. Remember they just lost Howard in goal, and they cannot afford to just sign any joe to play net so a chunk of that money may go into luring in GK talent. I can only dream about Dejagah, but my guess is he isn't on their radar...others could be though? Does anyone know if Moshiri is familiar with our own league/players? Has he previously invested in Iranian football?
    Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

It makes you wonder if Moshiri is actually even thinking about signing Iranian players.

He may not be looking after Iranian football's interests as well as his own. He may choose to scout in Brazil or elsewhere.

I personally hope and want him to look in Iran and help his own compatriots, but we will see.

We never know. Maybe we will see one of a current and talented League Bartar player show up at Everton

Comment

Moshiri's Everton lost 5-0 to Chelsea today

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

Originally posted by Team Melli Fan View Post
          Moshiri's Everton lost 5-0 to Chelsea today
          Ok that is our signal to let the Dejagah and Haghighi to Everton rumours begin!

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk
          Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
            Ok that is our signal to let the Dejagah and Haghighi to Everton rumours begin!

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk
            Don't forget azmoun

Comment

Everton are well stocked for attacking midfielders at the moment (Bolasie, Mirallas, Barkley, Deulofeu, Lennon) so sadly no Goodison move for Dejagah

Joking aside though they could do a lot worse than Azmoun and Ezzatolahi

Comment

Iranian Businessman buys 49.9% share in Everton

Meanwhile Liverpool win 6-1.

Zlatan said he did not want to join Liverpool because he "didn't want to finish 8th". He may well still manage to do that, but with Man United.

Comment

Is this guy a real football fan or just a businessman? if hes an actual fan then im sure he would be interested in our players, unless he has something against his own people, some people are like that. But other than that our players have to prove themselves too. so far Azmoun and JB arent impressing nearly enough to get a look by English teams. Ideal place would be mid to low tier la liga or serie a team for them.

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
                    Is this guy a real football fan or just a businessman? if hes an actual fan then im sure he would be interested in our players, unless he has something against his own people, some people are like that. But other than that our players have to prove themselves too. so far Azmoun and JB arent impressing nearly enough to get a look by English teams. Ideal place would be mid to low tier la liga or serie a team for them.
                    How can you say Azmoun isn't impressing enough for teams like Everton while teams like Liverpool and Borussia Dortmund are interested in him?

Comment

Koeman has no limits on Everton spending

Nov 08 2016 - 10:43
                      Everton majority shareholder Farhad Moshiri has designs on making Everton a force to be reckoned with.

Ronald Koeman will be given freedom to invest substantially in the playing staff as Everton seek to compete with the Premier League elite.

That was the pledge offered on Monday by the club's majority shareholder, Farhad Moshiri, who backed the "ruthless" Dutchman to achieve big things on Merseyside.

"We have no restrictions to spend," Moshiri told TalkSport. "The manager is totally committed and ruthless; if a player is not up to it he uses another player and eventually he buys one. There are no sentimental issues there.

"The manager will strengthen the team in the areas he feels necessary. Koeman is Koeman: he does what he wants and I support him.

"I think the job of an owner and chairman is simply to hire and fire the manager, the rest is down to him. Once we hire a manager we back him.

"He has the personality, aura and ability and we trust him. In Everton's culture the manger is the most important individual. He achieved eighth and seventh with Southampton. He needs to improve on that but it is a very difficult landscape now."

British-Iranian businessman Moshiri, who owns a 49.9 per cent stake in the club, recognises the size of the task facing the Toffees and cited the appointment of Koeman as key to their objectives, while talking up the need for a larger stadium.

"For our club to compete in the north-west of England, which is the new Hollywood of football with [Pep] Guardiola, [Jose] Mourinho, [Jurgen] Klopp, we needed a star to stand on the touchline so I got Koeman," he added.

"We needed a strong balance sheet so I paid off the debts. We are now very flexible financially. We need a big stadium, no question about it.

"We have done the hard bit because the club was restricted to move or expand Goodison by banking covenants, but I have paid the debts so we are free to do what we want and we have the finances to do it.

"The club has taken something from the fans and in our minds we know where to go and we are committed. I can reassure them they will have a stadium which rewards their loyalty and passionate support for our club. This is my key aim."

Everton's season has faltered after a promising start, with just one win from their last six top-flight games, while they were thrashed 5-0 at Chelsea last time out.

http://www.fotmob.com/news/world/5dy...erton+spending

Comment

It doesn't look like this Moshiri guy is planning to transfer Iranian talents to Everton. A shame.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                          It doesn't look like this Moshiri guy is planning to transfer Iranian talents to Everton. A shame.
                          Not a shame at all. He is a business man that invested in Everton for financial gain, not Iranian football gain. Rather than saying it's a shame realize this Iranian man worked his ass off to make something of himself and he bought a team with his income.

How many other Iranians have done this before? Zero. Exactly!

Comment

in before he is protested against, accused of being a terrorist financier and demanded to sell up, after struggling with the club in his first season ...!! jk

congrats to him, that is an impressive feat..!!

Comment

Moshiri clears Everton's debt:
                              https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comm..._everton_debt/

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

Everton is supposedly to sign Memphis and Schneiderlin from Man U this winter transfer window. Memphis is probably going to go there on loan.

Comment

Working...
                                X