No announcement yet.

Iranian Businessman buys 77.2% share in Everton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No disrespect to our God Nekounam but if Nekounam can shut down Omar at 35, he isnt going anywhere high in Europe. His skillset/range of passing is impressive by Asia's standards but hes too cute-sy with the ball. His movement with the ball is lackadaisical at times. He would probably fit in well at a struggling team in Europe that doesnt have a midfield. Las Palmas/Bournemouth come to mind at best

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
      No disrespect to our God Nekounam but if Nekounam can shut down Omar at 35, he isnt going anywhere high in Europe. His skillset/range of passing is impressive by Asia's standards but hes too cute-sy with the ball. His movement with the ball is lackadaisical at times. He would probably fit in well at a struggling team in Europe that doesnt have a midfield. Las Palmas/Bournemouth come to mind at best
      Nekounam completely bossed him during the UAE game.

Comment

with names like ali & muhammad not hard to be confused..

Originally posted by ali alipour View Post
        Most people think that Everton is getting "Arab money". Sad to see how uneducated people are.

Comment

jahanbakhsh to Everton (you heard it here first)

Comment

Originally posted by Go_Daei View Post
            with names like ali & muhammad not hard to be confused..
            I don't have a Muslim name yet I've had people confuse Iranian and Arab even though I look white. It's more so media portrayal and the government, as well as ignorance from white people in the west. A lot of Americans and Brits still don't know the difference of Chinese, Japanese, and Korean.

Comment

Originally posted by ameri View Post
              jahanbakhsh to Everton (you heard it here first)
              My chips are on Dejagah to Everton...

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk
              Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Some people seem to forget that this guy is a businessman and not on a charitable mission to help Iranian football.

Comment

Originally posted by Camran khan View Post
                  Some people seem to forget that this guy is a businessman and not on a charitable mission to help Iranian football.
                  We all hate the party-baazi of the Mullahs, but we want to do it when it benefits our nation

But on the real, a few talents of ours can definitely (in near future) make it to Everton: Saeid Ezzatollahi, Azmoun, Reza Shekari and Jahanbaksh. On their own merits.

Comment

And for the record, there actually was some Qatari guy on Manchester City a few years ago.

Comment

This businessman had shares in Arsenal, but did not bring any Iranian. Now he has 49.9% of Everton, he may have more power.

I do not mean to parti-bazi, but to bring several Iranian youth to learn the ropes, so to speak. Kind of exchange of players, coaches, referees, or similar cooperation between Everton and one or two Iranian football clubs.

His net worth is $1.5 billion. How is it possible for any person to make this much money in business? I am a business person, but life is tough and not to easy to make money in regulated environment.
                      چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

Should they know the difference? where does it stop?

Originally posted by ali alipour View Post
                        I don't have a Muslim name yet I've had people confuse Iranian and Arab even though I look white. It's more so media portrayal and the government, as well as ignorance from white people in the west. A lot of Americans and Brits still don't know the difference of Chinese, Japanese, and Korean.

Comment

Originally posted by AIrani View Post
                          This businessman had shares in Arsenal, but did not bring any Iranian. Now he has 49.9% of Everton, he may have more power.
                          I do not mean to parti-bazi, but to bring several Iranian youth to learn the ropes, so to speak. Kind of exchange of players, coaches, referees, or similar cooperation between Everton and one or two Iranian football clubs.
                          His net worth is $1.5 billion. How is it possible for any person to make this much money in business? I am a business person, but life is tough and not to easy to make money in regulated environment.
                          I agree this man is probably very clever to have US$ 1.5 billion. I think transfering some young Iranian players (like Tehranto mentionned) can be a profitable operation for any club.
                          Except top club like for Real Madrid

Comment

I've read somewhere that he was looking for a more 'hands on' role and that's why he has decided to invest in Everton.
                            I wouldn't be surprised if he'd lobby for at least some iranian players.

Comment

Originally posted by AIrani View Post
                              I do a little business on the side. But business isn't always about hardwork and being clever...luck plays a huge role in this.
                              On the parti-bazi note, from my observation of Rich(100M+)/high positioned (chairman or CEO+) Iranians abroad do not like this concept. The strongly relate to their Iranian heritage and side but to give a position to an Iranian because of that sole reason they wouldn't do that. They all have worked hard to get places with no connections or slant of favoritism. The only way they pick Iranians for positions is knowing that they have no bias of 'Iranian gherat' in their selection.
                              EAT. SLEEP. TM. REPEAT.

Comment

In an Danish article they wrote Indian instead of Iranian, Danish journalism at its best

Comment

Working...
                                X