Iranian Businessman buys 77.2% share in Everton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Azmoun_shireh View Post
    I really can't see them doing any better with Lampard in charge. They're probably going to back him heavily, he's going to spunk the money on English Brexit players or ex Chelsea and they'll end up sacking him midseason and get Big Sam again.
    Sounds about right.
    Everton is a money laundering club now. Nothing more, nothing less.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
      Sounds about right.
      Everton is a money laundering club now. Nothing more, nothing less.
      100%. When the small window of outrage against Russian money in London happened they were on to him, that's obviously quickly ended now lol
      https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...lisher-usmanov

Comment

Moshiri's message to Evertonians:

https://old.reddit.com/r/soccer/comm...o_evertonians/

https://www.evertonfc.com/news/2642031

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

Originally posted by Azmoun_shireh View Post
          I really can't see them doing any better with Lampard in charge. They're probably going to back him heavily, he's going to spunk the money on English Brexit players or ex Chelsea and they'll end up sacking him midseason and get Big Sam again.
          I think lampard will do well enough to keep them around mid table but I int expect them to make a push in the upper mid table like they have in most recent years besides this last one. They probably finish 12-15 IMO - other teams in the league are just much more organized and well ran. Although I will say with Fulham and Forrest coming back to the prem that does make things trickier for Everton too…..time will tell.
          Team Meli Iran
          Perspolis FC
          Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

[Matt Slater - The Athletic] Everton owner Farhad Moshiri is entertaining offers to sell the club.

https://old.reddit.com/r/soccer/comm..._owner_farhad/

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Team Melli Fan View Post
                Lol. Brighton che ghashang sareshoon kolah gozasht.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Melli Fan View Post
                  Great purchase and a good player in Premier League, Nokhodi just hating on him because he's an Arsenal fan.

Comment

Money laundering operations complete. Time to sell:

https://www.theguardian.com/football...more-than-500m

Everton have been put up for sale by Farhad Moshiri, who is looking for offers of more than £500m for the Premier League club.

In recent months Moshiri has sought outside investment but he has finally put Everton on the market, and would consider a minority or majority sale. A number of potential buyers have expressed interest.

Moshiri would like to recoup the money he has invested in the new stadium being built at Bramley-Moore Dock. It is understood that Deloitte has been instructed to handle the sale of the club, who are in the Premier League relegation zone. Deloitte offered no comment when approached by the Guardian.

The British-Iranian billionaire’s attempt to sell can be revealed on a day when Everton were dealt a double setback with Marcelo Bielsa expressing doubts over replacing Frank Lampard as manager and Tottenham hijacking their move for Arnaut Danjuma.

Moshiri and his fellow board members have been fiercely criticised by Everton fans over recent weeks, with widespread calls for the owner to sell after almost seven years and for the directors to go.
                    ​
                    About £700m has been spent on more than 50 players in the Moshiri era, with just over £400m recouped in sales. The attempted sale comes comes at a perilous moment for Everton with the stadium under construction at a cost of at least £550m, the club’s last three available set of accounts showing combined losses of £372.6m and lucrative commercial ties cut with companies owned by the oligarch Alisher Usmanov after Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.

Moshiri has funded the construction costs of the stadium so far but has been seeking the additional investment required to complete the project.
                    ​
                    ​

Comment

Maybe he will buy PP or Esteghlal now😅😜👌
                      Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Moshiri aside, yet another Iranian American billionaire goes in for another club. Mehrdad Ghodoussi, Behdad Eghbali, Jahm Najavi, soon half of the Premier League will be owned by people born in Iran.

https://www.ft.com/content/c3795725-...d-20c37c990386

Iranians, and iranian-americans in particular, are amazing at making money. Imagine if they shared just a fraction of their fortune to impact the nation of their origin

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                          Moshiri aside, yet another Iranian American billionaire goes in for another club. There have been two other ones in recent months ...

https://www.ft.com/content/c3795725-...d-20c37c990386

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
                          I read Jahm Najafi is a big fan of Mehdi Taremi and use to praise him when he played for Persepolis. That is what some Iranian football IG channels have been saying, don't know if it's true. Him and Park would be killer up front, with Harry Kane rumoured to be leaving this summer.
                          "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Originally posted by taremiscores View Post

I read Jahm Najafi is a big fan of Mehdi Taremi and use to praise him when he played for Persepolis. That is what some Iranian football IG channels have been saying, don't know if it's true. Him and Park would be killer up front, with Harry Kane rumoured to be leaving this summer.

I can't see Taremi at Spurs because of the club's history and nickname - can you imagine him playing with the star of david around the stadium and how IR media will cover that?

Why are so many iranian-american billionaires interested in football? Or is it just a case that there are so many iranian-american billionaires around and they don't know what to do with their money?

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post

I can't see Taremi at Spurs because of the club's history and nickname - can you imagine him playing with the star of david around the stadium and how IR media will cover that?

Why are so many iranian-american billionaires interested in football? Or is it just a case that there are so many iranian-american billionaires around and they don't know what to do with their money?
                              Mahdavikia was supposed to got to Tottenham but they got outbid by Bochum. Lol.

agree though. The club is heavily associated with The Jewish community and there is too much room for misunderstanding.

Comment

Originally posted by taremiscores View Post

I honestly can’t even find one thing that Jahm Najafi has said about Iran, from any aspect. Sounds like he’s another super assimilated Iranian in the US. A simplified first name, white American wife, living in phoenix. I’d be surprised if he knew how to say hello anymore.

Comment

Working...
                                X