Iranian Businessman buys 77.2% share in Everton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
    The last thing kia would bring is iranian player unless he can make money out of it! These guys are businessmans, they don't give a toss about iran and iranians! 6 Years gone and he didn't even bring a young free transfer iranian kid for their youth team.

We are our own number one enemy . Look at fvcking frank in brentford, since he has been in charge (2018) he has brought over 9 players from denmark league. Then we have the guts to talk about "gheirat" and vatan doosti!
    this is a ridiculous take. moshiri's obligation is to everton and its fans. not to some nationalistic agenda. we've had a total of 4-5 iranian players in EPL over the last 20 years, and only one (Dejagah) had a respectable showing. the rest were either complete failures (kaabi, teymourian, bagheri) or at best fighting for minutes in borderline-relegation teams (Saman, AJB).

trust me, if there was an iranian youngster who belonged at everton, they'd have a fair shot.

Comment

Originally posted by ramingeles2000 View Post
      this is a ridiculous take. moshiri's obligation is to everton and its fans. not to some nationalistic agenda. we've had a total of 4-5 iranian players in EPL over the last 20 years, and only one (Dejagah) had a respectable showing. the rest were either complete failures (kaabi, teymourian, bagheri) or at best fighting for minutes in borderline-relegation teams (Saman, AJB).

trust me, if there was an iranian youngster who belonged at everton, they'd have a fair shot.
      Farhad Moshiri, is that you?

Comment

I am happy taremi, azmoun aren't at Everton but they are quality enough to play in such team. Allahyar and some of our u17 successful players could have a shot in their academy/reserve team at the very least

Comment

They spent £20m+ on a Ukranian street cleaner and £10m+ on a Scottish kid about a week ago. £25m+ each on Iwobi and Kean, £20m+ Gbamin (whatever one of them is) and £9m Delph.

I love dumping on our crap national pool as much as the next man but don't get it twisted, there's not a shred of quality control or logic behind their purchases and we have 2 players who would sleepwalk into their starting XI.

Comment

You know it's a bad take when even Taz disagrees with you

Comment

There’s definitely a strong business case for many clubs to utilise the untapped and great value Iranian talent pool. Particularly if they’re prepared to do scouting from a younger age and then develop them technically and tactically.

But, aside from general incompetence, there are a couple of extra reasons why Everton are unlikely to do so: firstly the speed and physicality of the PL isn’t best suited to the general style of most Iranian players. Secondly, despite not integrating them effectively in recent seasons, Everton have a pretty decent youth system. From the current crop Gordon, Branthwaite and Dobbin have the ability to be top players. (But no doubt Moshiri’s “quick fix”, vanity signings and the merry go round, dartboard approach to managerial appointments will ensure they also end up getting wasted).

Having said that, I’ve personally written to Everton Football Club’s fan liaison on several occasions (and received replies) to scout various outstanding players down the years (from a young Ali Karimi and Javad Nekounam, to Rostov era Ezza and Sardar and a pre-Portugal Taremi) and if these players had been given a fair crack under a decent manager they could have been excellent signings. Sadly, along with a coherent idea of what they want to be as a club, Everton have also been missing a decent manager since Moyes.

Comment

Come on man, even a guy like Abrahamovic was always trying to bring in Russian players and even Israeli coaching staff.
                Let’s not pretend half these guys aren’t kooche bazari types who want to win but also view their clubs as toys.

Moshiri is much worse though simply because his only goal is money laundering for his Russian masters. He’s a pawn. The money probably isn’t even mostly his.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
                  They spent £20m+ on a Ukranian street cleaner and £10m+ on a Scottish kid about a week ago. £25m+ each on Iwobi and Kean, £20m+ Gbamin (whatever one of them is) and £9m Delph.
                  I love dumping on our crap national pool as much as the next man but don't get it twisted, there's not a shred of quality control or logic behind their purchases and we have 2 players who would sleepwalk into their starting XI.
                  I'm afraid of thanking this post by taz. It might blemish my otherwise stellar track record on pfdc.
                  But I agree. So many EPL buys are utter rubbish that makes you wonder if at all their scouts bother to watch an actual football match

But I'm actually happy we don't have that many players in this shitty league.
                  Yes it gets massive exposure across the world which feeds it's hunger for massive spending, which makes it attractive to players to join it, which completes the circle of attention & exposure.

But if you go past it's shiny exterior, it's not such a fabulous destination. Clubs behave very impatiently with most players (except the Brits of course.... Who can fuck up constantly without repurcussions). The pressure to hit the ground running and Excel in each n every game or you're relegated to bench in favor of the next victim is just unnecessary burden on players from less than extreme professional environment

Basically it's a crappy league like a pile of dogshit with maggots crawling all over it furiously at speed, but with a shiny gold-plating on the surface

Comment

Ctd

In other words, piff piff boo mideh.

But seriously I'd rather have our players in leagues a bit more patient and ones where the player actually LEARNS those aspects of the game & professionalism that are lacking in our boys.
                    Much better for their career and subsequently for TM

And in this I rate La liga, Bundesliga, Serie A, porteguese and Dutch leagues as best destinations for Iranians.

French I left out bcoz with a huuuuuuuggge African influx and their tendency to showboat to get better contrat or even lead to EPL money, it makes the whole thing a dog eat dog kind of league. Again, not my kind of environment for development of our boys.

Competition is good and necessary. But when it becomes a self oriented showboating to stand out, it hurts the whole team.

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                      I am happy taremi, azmoun aren't at Everton but they are quality enough to play in such team. Allahyar and some of our u17 successful players could have a shot in their academy/reserve team at the very least
                      Jenab aghaye PSG, I understand that he has no obligation to bring in Iranian players...

BUT THE PLAYERS HE'S BRINGING INTO EVERTON AREN'T ANY BETTER THAN IRANIAN ONES!!!

Comment

Agreed, i's not the best development stage at all. Funnily enough, the 2 biggest exceptions to that rule are Brighton and Brentford and even there our hearts were broken and our dreams shattered. But it remains the greatest soap opera known to man and I'll be damned if I don't want Iranian involvement in it

Comment

Actualy Ando had a good time there, got injured and then something about team couldnt extend his contract since he had missed so many tm games that he didnt come up to the % of tm games played that was required to be allowed to extend as a non eu player..
                          club (fulham right?) actualy wanted to sign him again but couldnt.
                          Thats atleast what was reported on pfdc back then..

its all about getting the right team, and right coach.. arj was top scorer and was played as a defender during his first season, then fans complaned that he didnt score or assist.. then came potti and we know the rest of that story
                          Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by zereshk-ali View Post
                            He’ll bring in some Iranians if his buddy Kia tells him to
                            When has Kia ever been interested in iranian footballers? Or Moshiri for that matter...?

Joorabchian has always been involved in money laundering setups with south american footballers etc....

Some iranian zero gen immigrants to UK or US/other countries are just interested in making, and flaunting, wealth with no other real principles.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                              When has Kia ever been interested in iranian footballers? Or Moshiri for that matter...?

Joorabchian has always been involved in money laundering setups with south american footballers etc....

Some iranian zero gen immigrants to UK or US/other countries are just interested in making, and flaunting, wealth with no other real principles.
                              Motoasefaneh hameh ke Mehdi Bayat nemitonan bashan.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post

Dr jaan, I think my post has been misunderstood. I was raising the point that Moshiri is being manipulated by his agent friends, rather than suggesting that Kia promotes Iranian players above others. If however there was a buck in it for Kia to do so I’d be in no doubt he’d be in Moshiri’s ear.

Comment

Working...
                                X