No announcement yet.

Omid Noorafkan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who remembers when branko was being a fool a kept playing sattar zare? Reminds me of noorafkan with skocic but only noorafkan has been exposed 20x more in a shorter span than zare was.
    Team Meli Iran
    Perspolis FC
    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
      No, you're totally right. Especially high-calibre players like Noorafkan. I quite enjoyed performance against Algeria, thought he played good. I hope he starts him against England.
      Why are you quoting my post from Mohebbi thread in Noorafkan thread?

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
        Who remembers when branko was being a fool a kept playing sattar zare? Reminds me of noorafkan with skocic but only noorafkan has been exposed 20x more in a shorter span than zare was.
        Except Skocic is not convinced of Nourafkan's abilities and he readily admits that we have an issue in the LB position. We just don't have many alternatives. We really need to start playing with 3 center backs sooner rather than later. That will mask our LB problems some.

Comment

uuuh that brought up horrible memories
          Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by mehdi13 View Post
            Why are you quoting my post from Mohebbi thread in Noorafkan thread?
            You were praising Skocic for inviting players based on their club performances, were you not? Same should be applicable to Noorafkan.

And also, because I can.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
              You were praising Skocic for inviting players based on their club performances, were you not? Same should be applicable to Noorafkan.

And also, because I can.
              I was praising him for inviting Alipour and Zahedi.

Comment

Originally posted by Farzadfarhangni View Post
                Except Skocic is not convinced of Nourafkan's abilities and he readily admits that we have an issue in the LB position. We just don't have many alternatives. We really need to start playing with 3 center backs sooner rather than later. That will mask our LB problems some.
                Come on Farzad jan I know you’re a big skochee supporter but how could you come here and say that sko is not convinced of noorafkan when he uses him over and over and over again after bad performance. I will give it to Skocic that his first start was a good game (vs Iraq I believe) and literally every single one of his performances for both club and TM after that have been dreadful yet he still plays.

I heard his interview where he admitted to issues on the flank but his actions and his words do not match up. He acknowledges the issue and doesn’t do anything to address it….that is the biggest thing that speaks volumes about his incompetence.

Fully agree on going with 3 CB’s we absolutely have to in the WC to avoid an embarrassing score line. Amiri and Ali JB would do fine in the wingback positions.
                Team Meli Iran
                Perspolis FC
                Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Come on Farzad jan I know you’re a big skochee supporter but how could you come here and say that sko is not convinced of noorafkan when he uses him over and over and over again after bad performance. I will give it to Skocic that his first start was a good game (vs Iraq I believe) and literally every single one of his performances for both club and TM after that have been dreadful yet he still plays.

I heard his interview where he admitted to issues on the flank but his actions and his words do not match up. He acknowledges the issue and doesn’t do anything to address it….that is the biggest thing that speaks volumes about his incompetence.

Fully agree on going with 3 CB’s we absolutely have to in the WC to avoid an embarrassing score line. Amiri and Ali JB would do fine in the wingback positions.
                  Good. So you agree that Skocic admits there is a problem. You just don't agree with his solution which was playing Nourafkan again. I agree that Nourafkan had a particularly poor game against Algeria and maybe that will go into Skocic's calculations going forward. It was a friendly after all and Milad was not available in this camp. Milad would have been excellent defensively in this game, but I doubt Milad could provide that assist to JB. Nourafkan (as much as we hate to admit) had a sublime first touch at full sprint, looked up, found JB's run and made a perfect pass for a tap in. That whole goal sequence was amazing. Too bad that he was horrible at defending... And I believe that is the dilemma that Skocic has. Play a good defensive player with no offence or a good offensive player with no defense.

I just think we do ourselves a disservice when we look at Skocic as less than a high school coach. He sees the problem but not all problems have an easy solution. Roberto Carlos is over weight now, so we can't use him either!!!

Like we both agree, he needs to go to 3 center backs, but this last camp was impossible as most of our CB's were not available. It is a shame that the Sept. camp is only seven days, so we don't get to practice with 3 center backs before having to use it in a game. Lets see what happens.

Comment

^ Maybe we could check if Kaabi is still 20 in his passport?

#Rumors say: He has kids older than himself now..
                    Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Coaches always have soft spot for players who play in multiple positions. Hajsafi Nourafkan, aref gholami are just few examples...

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Agree with comments about Noorafkan. He may be an okay footballer at club level in Iran but definatly NOT a TM material. Anyone watching his performances at ACL and at TM games know the quality is way below what is needed. The insistence of the coach to play him time after time is just pure ignorance and is going to cost Iran big time when faced with teams of high caliber.

Comment

Good. So you agree that Skocic admits there is a problem. You just don't agree with his solution which was playing Nourafkan again. I agree that Nourafkan had a particularly poor game against Algeria and maybe that will go into Skocic's calculations going forward. It was a friendly after all and Milad was not available in this camp. Milad would have been excellent defensively in this game, but I doubt Milad could provide that assist to JB. Nourafkan (as much as we hate to admit) had a sublime first touch at full sprint, looked up, found JB's run and made a perfect pass for a tap in. That whole goal sequence was amazing. Too bad that he was horrible at defending... And I believe that is the dilemma that Skocic has. Play a good defensive player with no offence or a good offensive player with no defense.

I just think we do ourselves a disservice when we look at Skocic as less than a high school coach. He sees the problem but not all problems have an easy solution. Roberto Carlos is over weight now, so we can't use him either!!!

Like we both agree, he needs to go to 3 center backs, but this last camp was impossible as most of our CB's were not available. It is a shame that the Sept. camp is only seven days, so we don't get to practice with 3 center backs before having to use it in a game. Lets see what happens.
                          Sure, I will admit there is no easy solution…..but again…..my issue as that he doesn’t try anything to resolve the issue which you’re not acknowledging and what my issue is with him.

You cannot tell me, with any bit of logic, that when you acknowledge something isn’t working that you keep trying it over and over and over again. The games after we clinched qualification + the Algeria game were all opportunities for him to try something new out…..as you mentioned after all that’s what friendlies are for right? Not to Skocic……he sits there and crosses his fingers Omid will play well like he does with his team’s tactics (or lack there of) by having azmoun and Mehdi playing cat/mouse up top.
                          Team Meli Iran
                          Perspolis FC
                          Malavan Bandar Anzali

Comment

Sure, I will admit there is no easy solution…..but again…..my issue as that he doesn’t try anything to resolve the issue which you’re not acknowledging and what my issue is with him.

You cannot tell me, with any bit of logic, that when you acknowledge something isn’t working that you keep trying it over and over and over again. The games after we clinched qualification + the Algeria game were all opportunities for him to try something new out…..as you mentioned after all that’s what friendlies are for right? Not to Skocic……he sits there and crosses his fingers Omid will play well like he does with his team’s tactics (or lack there of) by having azmoun and Mehdi playing cat/mouse up top.
                            Lets stick with LB and not bring Azmoun and Taremi for now. What would you have done given that we could not play with 3 center backs given all our center backs were out and Milad and Amiri were out? He gave Hajsafi a half at LB and Nourafkan a half. It just happened to be Nourafkan's worst half in TM uniform except for his great assist. Like Keshwardost said, Kaabi was not available either.

Comment

Lets stick with LB and not bring Azmoun and Taremi for now. What would you have done given that we could not play with 3 center backs given all our center backs were out and Milad and Amiri were out? He gave Hajsafi a half at LB and Nourafkan a half. It just happened to be Nourafkan's worst half in TM uniform except for his great assist. Like Keshwardost said, Kaabi was not available either.
                              Give abolfazl jalali a chance is a good start….already called up and capped previously by Skocic too. Or try playing hardani on the left flank?

There are two perfectly sensible things to try out with what we had so let’s not go to extreme exaggerations as if there was nothing there for him to test out.
                              Team Meli Iran
                              Perspolis FC
                              Malavan Bandar Anzali

Comment

Give abolfazl jalali a chance is a good start….already called up and capped previously by Skocic too. Or try playing hardani on the left flank?

There are two perfectly sensible things to try out with what we had so let’s not go to extreme exaggerations as if there was nothing there for him to test out.
                                I have not seen enough of Jalali to comment (Did he play much for Esteghlal this last year?), but I remember Skocic playing players out of their normal position and he was skinned alive on this forum. Remember when he played Jafar Salmani as a right back for one half and the reaction on this forum. Just imagine playing hardani on the left and Hardani not having a good game!!!!!

Ultimately, I think we are going to go with 3 center backs or if we stick with 2 center backs, then Shoja will go to RB and Moharami will go to the LF if Milad doesn't find form by November.

Comment

Working...
                                X