Omid Noorafkan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
    No he isn't good. He just has a talent to fool people and look ok against a crappy opposition
    He makes ok runs and passes in the offensive end. THe issue is he is slow and can't do anything right defensively.

He shouldn't be playing as CB or LB at all in TM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
      He makes ok runs and passes in the offensive end. THe issue is he is slow and can't do anything right defensively.

He shouldn't be playing as CB or LB at all in TM.
      Dear
      As he has become taller , little heavier, he no longer poses quick feet. He also no longer can adjust & place his body in correct angle to divert approaching winger away from the box or being dribbled. He has become fearful without confidence.
      At D line his primary task is to defend and with current shape he simply can’t

Comment

Originally posted by St_Mark View Post
        Dear
        As he has become taller , little heavier, he no longer poses quick feet. He also no longer can adjust & place his body in correct angle to divert approaching winger away from the box or being dribbled. He has become fearful without confidence.
        At D line his primary task is to defend and with current shape he simply can’t
        Agreed.
        I'm one of few who is not anti-Skocic and this decision simply makes no sense to me. Why the insistence?
        He has failed in this position.

Comment

Originally posted by taremiscores View Post
          He was terrible in the Asian Champions League in every single game. Where was his talent shown? He's a terrible footballer and may have single-handedly stopped Charleroi from buying Iranian players in the future.
          I heard people praise him during WCQ (against iraq and such) and was selected as the best IPL left back this season or the previous

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
            I heard people praise him during WCQ (against iraq and such) and was selected as the best IPL left back this season or the previous
            Esteghlal and Sepahan fan lobby loved him alot.

Him and Sarlak are the 2 players who are farthest away from TM in terms of ability.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                And this is just a few of many more scenes where he got burned…..he is a joke and disgrace to a LB of CB position.
                Team Meli Iran
                Perspolis FC
                Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                  He looked ok as an overlapping wing back. Maybe as wing he is fine but he isn't a defender

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
                  Bro honestly I don't even know about wingback either... He isn't exceptionally fast and wingbacks still need to push back on defense, which he is absolutely awful at...

I guess his best position would be honestly something like left midfielder... A role where he isn't expected to defend that much 1 v 1 and still be able to send in good crosses and shoot (which are probably his two best traits tbh)

But his dribbling ability and first touch is just too poor to be a left midfielder too... It's a shame because you can tell Noorafkan actually has a high football IQ sometimes but he's just simply not good enough on the ball or on defense... He's a versatile nobody (too harsh?)

Comment

Originally posted by Superparsi View Post
                    He is terrible and so inconsistent. Physically weak and low footballing IQ. He may do ok against IPL teams but on international level he is way out of his league. Again another reason why Skocic is so incompetent of a coach.
                    Actually I disagree about the footballing IQ aspect... I think he actually has really good vision offensively and knows where to find gaps when he has time.. but that's the thing.. WHEN HE HAS TIME.

He's just not at an international level unfortunately.. His defending is too poor to play left back (god forbit even mentioning center back) and his first touch, close dribbling, and ball security is too poor to play midfield or winger.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                      Esteghlal and Sepahan fan lobby loved him alot.

Him and Sarlak are the 2 players who are farthest away from TM in terms of ability.
                      Sarlak is actually not a bad defender, still he is no where near team melli level technically speaking

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
                        Actually I disagree about the footballing IQ aspect... I think he actually has really good vision offensively and knows where to find gaps when he has time.. but that's the thing.. WHEN HE HAS TIME.

He's just not at an international level unfortunately.. His defending is too poor to play left back (god forbit even mentioning center back) and his first touch, close dribbling, and ball security is too poor to play midfield or winger.
                        We both know that in modern day football every millisecond can make a difference. If he performs like this against B team Algeria, just imagine going against England or even USA team.. He is not even good enough for TM bench warmer, let alone playing at world cup level..
                        sigpicVIVA K8RIMI

Comment

I think Omid would be better as a left winger/left midfielder. He's definitely technically gifted and is creative in attack. But he makes countless small errors as a left back, which lead to dangerous situations near our box. Like giving the ball away by passing to the opponent or fouling the opponent near the box.

For example if you compare Sadegh vs. Omid defending on the side, Sadegh rarely goes for a physical tackle in that area. He tries to block the ball or put enough pressure 1v1 so the guy runs out of bounds or loses the ball.

I don't want to shit on Omid because he isn't a horrible player. He's an attacking minded player. He had one really good game vs. Iraq as LB but was inconsistent after that. We need an LB who is consistent, who minimizes the amount of mistakes he makes.

Comment

Omid noorafkan should've been crossed out from his shocking performance in ACL. Danial Esmaeilifar, Omid noorafkan and their CB were the main problem. But unfortunately we don't have anyone else to fill his position.... Amiri is injured and hajsafi is shiteeee.

Comment

Again, what happened to Mohammadi?
                              He was our hope. We really thought after 20 years we had found a good LB, yet he has turned into someone would struggle to start for a PGPL team.

Amiri is the only reasonable option. We have seen him deliver in that position. We will lose his muscle and fight in the middle of the field, but we know he can defend when asked. He doesn't lose physical duels and he knows how to move the ball. Get well soon Vahid! We need you healthy and in-form on TM.

Comment

Originally posted by mehdi13 View Post
                                Sko thought their club performances deserved an invite I guess. I agree with him.
                                No, you're totally right. Especially high-calibre players like Noorafkan. I quite enjoyed performance against Algeria, thought he played good. I hope he starts him against England.

Comment

Working...
                                X