No announcement yet.

Omid Noorafkan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Omid could have have chance to play for TM as LB long ago but because of several unfortunate errors ( some by himself) it took him longer time to find that opportunity and he seized that opportunity against Iraq.

It was first Mansourian who refused to let him play for U23 for many games then swithing between MF , CB and LB did not helped him.
    Estili insisted to play him as CB and result wasw a disaster as team did not advanced from group despite was loaded with one of best squad of recent years ( Mohebi, Delfi, Sayadmanesh, Ghaedi, Aghasi, Shekari, Houseinzadeh, Dehghan, Shojaei, Khodabandelo , Gholami...).

His move to Sepahan was a good move and his hard work paidoff
    Hope he continue to improve and become dependable candidate for LB in future.

His good game versus Iraq noticed byNEOM at AFC site.

Was it Iran's Omid Noorafkan or Japan's Takefusa Kubo that dominated the #AsianQualifiers last night? Head to the replies to vote

Comment

He had a strong game no question about it, but he did have a few small mistakes that can’t happen in the future. His first touch on aerial balls as poor and almost resulted in Iraqi shot on goal in a dangerous area.

Against SK where the forwards will be 10000x better…..that is a liability. Some maybe didn’t notice Bc the Iraqi attacking players didn’t get to it and eventually Omid wound up clearing it but again that won’t fly vs SK.
      Team Meli Iran
      Perspolis FC
      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

It is one game, hope he keeps it up.
        Both right and left backs are kind of big concerns specially against some half decent teams.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
          He had a strong game no question about it, but he did have a few small mistakes that can’t happen in the future. His first touch on aerial balls as poor and almost resulted in Iraqi shot on goal in a dangerous area.
          Against SK where the forwards will be 10000x better…..that is a liability. Some maybe didn’t notice Bc the Iraqi attacking players didn’t get to it and eventually Omid wound up clearing it but again that won’t fly vs SK.
          He had more than few mistakes and must improve if he want LB position.
          LB position is not locked for anyone ,Ehsan, Milad or Amiri as all they have shortcomind at LB.

Even Naderi or others should not be ruled out .

Comment

Originally posted by St_Mark View Post
            He had more than few mistakes and must improve if he want LB position.
            LB position is not locked for anyone ,Ehsan, Milad or Amiri as all they have shortcomind at LB.

Even Naderi or others should not be ruled out .
            Well said….I have been watching Naderi closely in all his games and he has done great although he has been in more of a wingback role than a classic fullback.
            Team Meli Iran
            Perspolis FC
            Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Our best options for the right back position are Moharami, Hardani and Esmaeilifar and for left back Aghaei, Noorafkan and Naderi.

Amiri is a great player but he is not a left back, besides we really need him in midfield. Hope to never see Mohamadi and Salmani in TM again, they are just not good enough and will be a liability for us.

Comment

Man bozorgtarin shakam az Noorafkan ine ke az nazare so'rat mitone kam biyaare va harife dorost o hesaabi mitone

be asooni azash rad beshe.

In bardashte dorosti ast az man, ya az nazar sor'at mishe goft bad nist?
                DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

He was definitely better than Moharrami and yet I don't see anybody questioning Sadegh about his position in the starting 11.
                  "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Doust View Post
                    He was definitely better than Moharrami and yet I don't see anybody questioning Sadegh about his position in the starting 11.
                    Moharrami is coming off an injury, but if you look at some our match ratings a few of us said he was our worst player.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                      Moharrami is coming off an injury, but if you look at some our match ratings a few of us said he was our worst player.
                      Sadegh is always coming off an injury..
                      "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

LB has been a problem for TM for a long time (at least for 15 years or so). With Milad out of form, Hajsafi never adapting to LB, and Amiri being much more useful further up, it’s Omid’s position to take.
                        --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                        --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                        ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                        --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                        ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Doust View Post
                          Sadegh is always coming off an injury..
                          Unfortunately he is very injury prone. For the sake of TM and himself, I hope he can recover fully and play without any further issues.

Comment

"TAREMI WAS VERY THIRSTY TO SCORE"

Omid Noorafkan was Iran's left-back in the victory over Iraq, which qualified the Persian team for the Qatar World Cup. The Sepahan player, a team that has the Portuguese Miguel Teixeira as an assistant, told us about the pride of the moment and all the symbolism adjacent to the feat with the perfect return of Taremi – he scored the winning goal – to the selection choices and, inevitably, , at eleven.

He didn't see any constraints or embarrassments from the FC Porto forward, even going through the odyssey he went through to land in Tehran with sleepless nights and an arrival in Iran at dawn.

“He performed very well. It's a great advantage to have Taremi, as well as Azmoun, a top scorer in the Russian League. They are our scorers, they can be very dangerous for our opponents. I wish them all the best and that they are always with us", explained Noorafkan, 24, one of the youngest in Dragan Skocic's cast. He has accompanied Taremi in qualifying for the 2022 World Cup, realizing the importance of this specific game for a kind of internal redemption.

“I felt he was very thirsty to play and score again. And he did. We are, I speak for all the teammates, very happy for Mehdi and to have him on our side. The national team is an important space for cooperation between all », he added, valuing Taremi's work at FC Porto, believing that his compatriot could be close to a great leap.

«He is among the three best footballers in Asia, he has had great performances in Europe at FC Porto. This is difficult for anyone. Putting together what he has done in recent years at the club and in the Iran national team, I think he deserves to take another leap. I can imagine it in Spain or England where the level is higher», stated Noorafkan, leaving us with the reaction to what was the meaning of access to the World Cup in the face of the region's arch-rival, Iraq.

“It's a great fight, it's not just football. It's a great game and an Asian classic. They really wanted to defeat us, but they forgot that we are not just any team. We were much better on the field and deserved to win. We will remain committed to winning games and preparing in the best way for the World Cup with preparation games that help us raise the bar for the big competition. We want to achieve great results in Qatar”, he promised.

https://www.abola.pt/internacional/2...-marcar/924998

Comment

He is our new utility player, glad he has taken that spot away from Hajsafi. He can play LB, CDM, and CB, we are lucky to have him. Hopefully he goes back to Europe soon, he still has a lot to learn, but lots of potential
                              --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                              --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                              ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                              --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                              ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

He will be the starting LB in Qatar.

Comment

Working...
                                X