U23 Asian Championship; Quarter Final; Iran - Japan [22-01-2016] - Page 2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 59 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: U23 Asian Championship; Quarter Final; Iran - Japan [22-01-2016]

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,801 Times in 735 Posts

Meet your Persian Love Today
    Man bodam morabbi (ke albate na karshenaasam na morabbi) baa yek araayeshe 4-3-2-1 baazi mikardam, noke hamle raa Motahari mizashtam, poshtesh ham Torabi va Mehrdad Mohammadi, 3ta hafbake markazi baraye komak be khate defai va posheshe miyaneyeh zamin.
    DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ardalan For This Useful Post:

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    4 Days are more than enough for youngsters in this age to recover.
    Javoon boodim pas az madreseh ta shab bazi mikardim har rooz, weekends sob miraftim ta shab bazi mikardim bedoon ghaza va hata ab zire aftabe daghe jonoob to zamine sang o klokhi....no sign of tiredness ...

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,889 Times in 3,681 Posts
    We still have a decent chance to advance. Aside from the extra one day of rest, and I'm hoping the Japanese had a more stressful final group game than ours and the fact that Khakpour did rest some of the more established players like Karimi, Mohammadi, ... , I see a good opening for us to exploit.

I haven't seen the Japanese team. But our lads are physically in great shape and if we manage to restrict the pace of the japs, with a little physical play in the middle we can dominate the midfield.

From then on, it is up to our attackers to focus and stop being wasteful with the chances they get.

On the left we have a very decent wing that can pressurize just about any team in the tourney. From LB to mid to wingers, all are speedy, attack minded and highly skillful players.

But on the right I don't see as much quality. And I don't see the team having many attacking tactics using this flank.
    That may prove to be our Achilles's heel, where the japs can concentrate on our left and nullify our attacks.
    I really hope Khakpour comes up with something that brings some balance to our flanks. This helps in dividing the opponents' defenders' attention and focus, that can help our forward runs.

But most of all, Motahari ought to be more focused. He's been wasteful with the amount of chances he gets. We can't afford this against quality teams like Japan. We simply wont get that many chances up there.

We also ought to do something about our DM position. We lack someone authorative enough to dictate and rule the center. Would pushing Cheshmi up help? I don't know, as we also need a commander among our defenders who've been our weakest line so far.

Khakpour has his work cut put for him. I just hope we somehow go through this hurdle. Because I just don't see any other team as tough as Japan in the next round!
    Aaaah. If only Cheshmi had converted his penalty! Sigh.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Doctor DOOM For This Useful Post:

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,100 Posts
    Our attack is good , our midfield is average and our defense is terrible so ????!!!!

PFDC Asset
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,119 Times in 1,812 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sarbaz View Post
    Our attack is good , our midfield is average and our defense is terrible so ????!!!!
    midfield with tourabi we are ok, but defense is bad, and is really bad lack of coordination, we saw that against qatar and china(giving away stupid peanlty)

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,100 Posts
    So I say this we will 70% loose to Japan but if win we will go all the way to the final .

Big if tho

9. The Following User Says Thank You to sarbaz For This Useful Post:

PFDC Supporter

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,087 Times in 1,397 Posts
    I just read that Japan has both their European legionnaires in their line up!!! All we needed was a charismatic coach to convince the clubs to release them.

I have a bad feeling about this match. What was Khakpour thinking playing his 2nd team against Qatar!!

Forum Staff
    ReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,341 Times in 1,755 Posts
    Our defense is not as terrible as some portray it to be. It just depends on the gameplay installed! We play quite an attacking game, quite high upfront the pitch, so the defense gets exposed much more than usual.

We go forward to score goals and at the same time take the risk of getting scored at. That's the risk you take. There are very little teams around the world that implement an attacking game and have very little goals scored against them.
    It's all about the GD! I don't care if we get scored on, as long as we score more, we go through!

That being said, I think against Japan with their pacy players, we should stick back and close the gaps a little bit more! Giving them too much space will be deadly!
    Last edited by Amin_; 01-21-2016 at 02:45 AM.
    Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Amin_ For This Useful Post:

PFDC Top Member

Thanks
    One thing is certain: The boys are hyped up apparantly and they are going to deliver a fight and it feels good that way, even if we should lose the game what i dont think we will.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Nader25 For This Useful Post:

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,831 Times in 1,346 Posts
    AFC U23 CHAMPIONSHIP QF: JAPAN V IRAN PREVIEW:

Doha: Collective strength will make Japan a difficult team to beat, says coach Mohammad Khakpour, as his Iran team prepare to take on the East Asian giants in the quarter-finals of the AFC U23 Championship on Friday.
    Japan, who are aiming to qualify for a sixth straight Olympic Games in Brazil later this year, won Group B with a 100% record to advance to the last eight with Makoto Teguramori making full use of his squad having made 10 changes for Tuesday’s 2-1 win over Saudi Arabia.

Iran claimed second spot in Group A behind tournament hosts Qatar, with Khakpour also rotating his squad over their three games.

“The games are so close to each other, the teams have to use whatever players they have to manage their energy, but what I see of the Japan team there are 23 players very close to each other,” said Khakpour (pictured, right).

“They follow the rules and play the same way, so there’s not much difference between them. Whoever will play will do the role they’re given to them and that’s the good thing for Japan.

Click here for the Match Centre

“The hard thing about playing the Japan team is they don’t have a star, they have a team. They play together as a team and that’s the great thing about them.

“We have to watch them all because they don’t have one player to mark who can change the game. They are really hard workers and I believe it’s going to be a very tough game tomorrow.”

Iran are aiming to qualify for the Olympic Games for the first time since 1976 and have lost just once in the tournament so far, slipping to a 2-1 defeat at the hands of Qatar, which came between wins over Syria and China.

Teguramori’ (pictured, left) Japan, meanwhile, cruised through Group B with victories over Saudi Arabia, DPR Korea and Thailand.

“Tomorrow’s game will definitely be a tough game,” said the former Vegalta Sendai coach. “Both Japan and Iran have done well in the group stages and we’re in the knockout stage and this game will be very enthusiastic and a very good game to watch.

“In terms of skill, tactics and ability, there will be a very high level in this game and a simple mistake could lead to a loss, so we need to really concentrate on the game. So, what we have to think about, is to win and to qualify for the semi-finals. This is all we will be thinking about during 90 minutes, or 120 minutes.

“Iran have plenty of very dangerous players, they especially have a very good attack so we can’t leave him free. I think we can’t let them do what they want and get into their rhythm. If each of our players can fight during the game they can put a lot of pressure on the very skillful Iran players and that will increase their confidence in themselves. So I’m expecting a lot from them.

“The only critical point is whether we score or not, to score a goal or concede a goal. So it’s important that we seize our chances.”

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 59 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.