No announcement yet.

U23 Asian Championship; Quarter Final; Iran - Japan [22-01-2016]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I say this we will 70% loose to Japan but if win we will go all the way to the final .

Big if tho

Comment

I just read that Japan has both their European legionnaires in their line up!!! All we needed was a charismatic coach to convince the clubs to release them.

I have a bad feeling about this match. What was Khakpour thinking playing his 2nd team against Qatar!!

Comment

Our defense is not as terrible as some portray it to be. It just depends on the gameplay installed! We play quite an attacking game, quite high upfront the pitch, so the defense gets exposed much more than usual.

We go forward to score goals and at the same time take the risk of getting scored at. That's the risk you take. There are very little teams around the world that implement an attacking game and have very little goals scored against them.
        It's all about the GD! I don't care if we get scored on, as long as we score more, we go through!

That being said, I think against Japan with their pacy players, we should stick back and close the gaps a little bit more! Giving them too much space will be deadly!
        Last edited by Amin_; 01-21-2016, 03:45 AM.
        Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

One thing is certain: The boys are hyped up apparantly and they are going to deliver a fight and it feels good that way, even if we should lose the game what i dont think we will.

Comment

AFC U23 CHAMPIONSHIP QF: JAPAN V IRAN PREVIEW:

Doha: Collective strength will make Japan a difficult team to beat, says coach Mohammad Khakpour, as his Iran team prepare to take on the East Asian giants in the quarter-finals of the AFC U23 Championship on Friday.
            Japan, who are aiming to qualify for a sixth straight Olympic Games in Brazil later this year, won Group B with a 100% record to advance to the last eight with Makoto Teguramori making full use of his squad having made 10 changes for Tuesday’s 2-1 win over Saudi Arabia.

Iran claimed second spot in Group A behind tournament hosts Qatar, with Khakpour also rotating his squad over their three games.

“The games are so close to each other, the teams have to use whatever players they have to manage their energy, but what I see of the Japan team there are 23 players very close to each other,” said Khakpour (pictured, right).

“They follow the rules and play the same way, so there’s not much difference between them. Whoever will play will do the role they’re given to them and that’s the good thing for Japan.

Click here for the Match Centre

“The hard thing about playing the Japan team is they don’t have a star, they have a team. They play together as a team and that’s the great thing about them.

“We have to watch them all because they don’t have one player to mark who can change the game. They are really hard workers and I believe it’s going to be a very tough game tomorrow.”

Iran are aiming to qualify for the Olympic Games for the first time since 1976 and have lost just once in the tournament so far, slipping to a 2-1 defeat at the hands of Qatar, which came between wins over Syria and China.

Teguramori’ (pictured, left) Japan, meanwhile, cruised through Group B with victories over Saudi Arabia, DPR Korea and Thailand.

“Tomorrow’s game will definitely be a tough game,” said the former Vegalta Sendai coach. “Both Japan and Iran have done well in the group stages and we’re in the knockout stage and this game will be very enthusiastic and a very good game to watch.

“In terms of skill, tactics and ability, there will be a very high level in this game and a simple mistake could lead to a loss, so we need to really concentrate on the game. So, what we have to think about, is to win and to qualify for the semi-finals. This is all we will be thinking about during 90 minutes, or 120 minutes.

“Iran have plenty of very dangerous players, they especially have a very good attack so we can’t leave him free. I think we can’t let them do what they want and get into their rhythm. If each of our players can fight during the game they can put a lot of pressure on the very skillful Iran players and that will increase their confidence in themselves. So I’m expecting a lot from them.

“The only critical point is whether we score or not, to score a goal or concede a goal. So it’s important that we seize our chances.”

http://www.the-afc.com/afc-u-23-cham...v-iran-preview

Comment

begoo hala majbooret kardan in harfha re bezani Mr Freud himself:

“The hard thing about playing the Japan team is they don’t have a star, they have a team. They play together as a team and that’s the great thing about them.

“We have to watch them all because they don’t have one player to mark who can change the game. They are really hard workers and I believe it’s going to be a very tough game tomorrow.”

Comment

I should post this here as well, "Be like Mehdi"

I hope he makes us proud tomorrow

Comment

the match starts at 14:30 cet, my bad, i am at work then.

Comment

Pre-match article up:

The Road to Rio… How Will the Sun Shine Tomorrow?

Comment

What the f***ck his English is awesome?!

https://www.facebook.com/theafcdotco...3422708477333/

Comment

Originally posted by Abtin View Post

He has lived in the US for a few years.

Comment

Originally posted by Abtin View Post

He lived in the US, he has family in the US and he did play in the MLS for a little also.

Comment

Okay, let's not get ahead of ourselves. I realize in Football everything is possible, but let's have a reality check for our expecations for tomorrow's game.

Japan team in every aspect is head and shoulder above Iran. If Iran wins, it will be agianst all odds.

Don't be too disappointed if Japan advances to the next round. And deservingly so!!

Enjoy the game everyone! GO IRAN GO

Comment

Originally posted by Kavian View Post
                              Okay, let's not get ahead of ourselves. I realize in Football everything is possible, but let's have a reality check for our expecations for tomorrow's game.
                              Japan team in every aspect is head and shoulder above Iran. If Iran wins, it will be agianst all odds.
                              Don't be too disappointed if Japan advances to the next round. And deservingly so!!
                              Enjoy the game everyone! GO IRAN GO
                              Damn it. Bi-Honar just wrote a wonderful article on how we should change our attitude and have more self-belief, and the first post I read is evidence of how necessary that change is!

I know one thing is for sure. Tomorrow, all Omid players are going to play their best game ever so far.

WE WILL BEAT JAPAN

Comment

Originally posted by Bessos View Post
                                Damn it. Bi-Honar just wrote a wonderful article on how we should change our attitude and have more self-belief, and the first post I read is evidence of how necessary that change is!
                                I know one thing is for sure. Tomorrow, all Omid players are going to play their best game ever so far.
                                WE WILL BEAT JAPAN
                                Nice article by Bi-Honar !! ... but it does not change the reality. There is no magic in the arguement. You go about anything in a right way you will be successful and football is no exception to the rule.

Then you stop praying and thinking about magic and anything else that this nation of ours have been hanging on as hope. Hope is not a strategy, action is and action always speaks for itself. Japan has taken proper action for their football and that is what gives the upper hand. ... I don't see why they should not be successful. Look at the track record.

We need to come get off from the high horse we have been riding for this so called football and smell the coffee. We are behind and unless we systematically address the issue, there will never be consistent progress. Sparks here and there, may be! that is because football is just a game and sometime it goes the other way by fluke!!!

Good Luck Iran .. I feel for our boys and want them to be happy.

Comment

Working...
                                X