• Show
Clear All

Akhbari

Abdollahzadeh Cheshmi Kanaani Mohammadi

Naghizadeh Karimi

Pahlevan Kamandani Torabi

Motahari

Comment

Attacking floating formation is the best effective formation for Iran. Iran was successful during late 90s and early 2000s because we used this formation and had many technical play makers in our football. It was not just based on defensive physical players. We had small but technical and fast players making the game fun for us. It has some disadvantage in defense that we had back then too but our football was always dominating and enjoyable not like machines. This style will confuses the opponents and gives the chance to win even hard matches. Qatar match was bad day.

Comment

Japan is just another game not significantly different than Qatar, Syria, Australia...& they are beatable.

Base on what we have seen so far, problem with U23 start with Khakpour and his game plan and tactics.

Playoff games are different and has to be played differently.He has to have good game plan for every 15 minutes of the game including overtime.
        Unfortunately beside unimpressive leadership outside of field U23 Iran does not have a leader inside for change of direction as needed.

Khakpour so far has not been able to get best performance fro m most of his players with exception of Turabi player who has not been with the team for long time.

U23 in a good day can beat Japan, Let's hope for a good day.
        Go Iran

Comment

Torabi, Motahari, and Milad Mo. have stood out for me so far

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

I'm not too bothered by the XI. Improve on the tactics, lack of discipline and general khar to khar football that they've played so far and I'll be happy.

Comment

Akhbari
              Abdollahzadeh-Cheshmi-Kanaani-Heydarieh
              Pahlevan-Kamandani
              Torabi-Karimi-Mohammadi
              Motahari

Comment

Originally posted by PersianLegion View Post
                If we have one advantage over Japan is our coaching staff. Mayeli Kohan uses a brilliant floating formation so no one can guess which style we are playing. His genius made us to go to WC 98. Remember this team.

We will win Japan.
                brilliant floating formation, or as the rest of the world would call it, the "I don't know what the hell I'm doing, so let me just throw 11 players out there and hope to god, lightening would strike the best player on the japanese side so that we can, by some miracle come up with a win" strategy ....... It always works.
                “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Iran did not have the money, even to pay Khakhpour, so Iranians should not expect a better coach or coaching staff.

What is Kashani doing with this team? He is costing money to travel, eat, and stay in good hotels. He is useless and should have stayed in Iran and instead another young player should have travelled with the team.

Iran is not playing well. Iran has 4-5 good players who can score which they have. These good players who are mentioned in above comments must start.

I hate it when Iran's coaching staff shout, such as hold the ball, slow, etc. Watching the game is stressful, and shouting makes it difficult to listen while watching the game.

I am happy our U23 will play Japan. This will be a wonderful experience.

Iran has not gone to Olympics after revolution BECAUSE of incompetence of football administrators who also have chosen incompetent coaches and staff. This has not changed. Iran has fundamental problem in its football which few people are addressing. Similar to other losses, Iran may lose to Japan which won't be the end of this world. If Iran wins against Japan, I will be happy but our football mafia will remain the same. This needs to be addressed.
                  چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

I said this before our team does not the depth, mental strength,
                    Disciplines and tactics to beat Japan.

Comment

I'm afraid that it looks like we must wait another 4 years to make our olympics dreams come true, with an inexperienced coach (no experience at international football) and an absolute mental technical director in MK whom will forever live thinking that it was his genius rather than the greatest pool of talent that we have possibly ever had which lead us to a 3rd place in AC96, we simply do not deserve to make it. Let's hope I'm wrong.
                      چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد
                      We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

Originally posted by Salar View Post
                        I'm afraid that it looks like we must wait another 4 years to make our olympics dreams come true, with an inexperienced coach (no experience at international football) and an absolute mental technical director in MK whom will forever live thinking that it was his genius rather than the greatest pool of talent that we have possibly ever had which lead us to a 3rd place in AC96, we simply do not deserve to make it. Let's hope I'm wrong.
                        The way CQ plays takes us no where. Our old style brought up the likes of Karimi, Daei, Aziz, Bagheri, etc What did CQ did?

Look were Aghili, Rahmati, Beikzadeh, Sadeghi, or one of our best talents like Khalatbari are now? CQ only uses tall, physically strong and defensive players and we still don't have a play maker. Why do you think our football is not making any talent anymore?

Comment

Best line up against Japan??

The way CQ plays takes us no where. Our old style brought up the likes of Karimi, Daei, Aziz, Bagheri, etc What did CQ did?

Look were Aghili, Rahmati, Beikzadeh, Sadeghi, or one of our best talents like Khalatbari are now? CQ only uses tall, physically strong and defensive players and we still don't have a play maker. Why do you think our football is not making any talent anymore?
                          Let's be honest, CQ gave us an identity that we never had before. As Hashemian also said in a recent interview, as a country we don't have a football identity.

In successful countries such as Spain, and Germany the federation set a philosophy which all the national team's follow. For example you know for under 16 all the way up to the senior national team they play with the tiki taka style in Spain.

Iran needs to maintain its current philosophy of compact defending, and counter-attacking through the national teams of Iran. This way the player developing from under 16 to team omid, then to TM will have been brought up playing with the same philosophy in mind.

Comment

Yeah you're right it's not like Torabi, Jahanbakhsh, Ezzatolahi, Azmoun, Beiranvand, Taremi, Hajsafi, Mohammadi, Pouraliganji, Ansarifard, Rezaeian, Sharifi, Or Kaveh are talented or anything
                            Team Meli Iran
                            Perspolis FC
                            Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                              Yeah you're right it's not like Torabi, Jahanbakhsh, Ezzatolahi, Azmoun, Beiranvand, Taremi, Hajsafi, Mohammadi, Pouraliganji, Ansarifard, Rezaeian, Sharifi, Or Kaveh are talented or anything
                              Ok compare them to our late 90s mid 2000s to see the difference then you might not even call them talents.

1. Ali Daei
                              2. Karim Bagheri
                              3. Khodadad Azizi
                              4. Ali Karimi
                              5. Mehdi Mahdavi Kia
                              6. Nekounam
                              7. Ando
                              8. Nikbakht
                              9. Mousavi
                              10. Hashemian
                              11. Minavand
                              12. Majidi
                              13. Din Mohamai
                              14. Ali Samereh
                              15. Pashazadeh
                              16. Mansourian
                              17. Khatibi
                              18. Zandi
                              19. Navid Kia
                              20. Ansarian
                              21. Kazemian
                              22. Kaabi
                              23. Abedzadeh
                              24. Rahman Rezai
                              25. Shojae
                              26. Emamifar
                              27. Kavianpour
                              28. Peyrovani
                              29. Mahdavi
                              30. Mobali
                              31. Aghili
                              32. Gholmo

Comment

Originally posted by _Navid_ View Post
                                This would be mine:

----------------Akhbari----------------
                                Mohammadi----Cheshmi----Kanani----Daneshgar
                                --------A. Karimi------Kamandani----------
                                -------Torabi--------Saghebi------Pahlevan-----
                                -------------Motahhari-----------------------------
                                Man imagine if they translate daneshgar....lol and here in defense we have university!

Comment

Working...
                                X