2016 U23 Asian Cup MD 2: 15/01/2016: Iran - Qatar; Time, Date, Info and Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys, we can still top the group

If Syria beats Qatar and Iran beats China.

But I'm also fine with 2nd place. Japan is a tough match, but Saudi Arabia is a stressful match.

I think our players play better in a tough game than in a stressed game. So I choose Japan.

Comment

Originally posted by AIrani View Post
      Well. Torabi made a big difference. Mohammadi brother's are not team-e melli material, one of them played awful.
      Iran still can advance. Syria won't be able to win, at best it can tie which will not be good enough.
      It seems that you forgot to what extend Qatar went to eliminated us from WC in 2013. Losing 5-1 to Uzbekistan while they were 1-0 ahead in first half. We should win the match against China with as many goal as possible and let Syria and Qatar do whatever they want.

Comment

Guys chill for 1 minute and listen to me! Sweden lost a game as well in the group during the euro-u21 championship. Then they turned it all around and won the whole thing. We can do it as well. stay positive!

Comment

Positives:
          Akhbari, he was outstanding
          Cheshmi, unlucky with the penalty but showed tremendous experience at the back with his positional play to contain the speedy Qataris
          Heydarieh, thought he did well both in defense and pushing up
          Kamandani, needs to start next match
          Torabi, single handedly changed the game
          Motahari, good work ethic and got us a penalty, can't be blamed for lack of service

Kanani should never play RB again and our midfield was weak, unable to control the game and distribute the ball well.

Comment

Originally posted by kami_kakashi View Post
            We lost to Khakpour!!! It is very simple.
            true, this loss is square on his shoulder..!!

it was clear that we were the better team all around (even slightly so in 1st half with our scrubs starting) and Omid was undone mostly by the wrong game approach, starting line-ups and Late adjustments..!!

i think, he way over-analyzed his opponent today and in process made some ridiculous tactical, squad and positional changes which severely limited his team's chances of adequate performance..!!

lets hope he learns from his mistakes today and line-up a strong side vs Chinese and go for a solid win, to get us hopefully outa of the group..!

Comment

Originally posted by Bessos View Post
              Guys, we can still top the group

If Syria beats Qatar and Iran beats China.

But I'm also fine with 2nd place. Japan is a tough match, but Saudi Arabia is a stressful match.

I think our players play better in a tough game than in a stressed game. So I choose Japan.
              Sadly we have came across another "if this, if that" scenario with our football. I so wish to live long enough to see one tournament that this doesn't happen.

Comment

btw sorry guys those who were watching on periscope i had to go and turn it off hope i helped out someone at least

Comment

Originally posted by Zamboor View Post
                  Guys chill for 1 minute and listen to me! Sweden lost a game as well in the group during the euro-u21 championship. Then they turned it all around and won the whole thing. We can do it as well. stay positive!
                  But we are talking about iran, a talented team that mental isnt good enough to score a penalty or win a penalty shoot out against the like ok korea iraq etc.. we always fail in olympic qualifications

Comment

Originally posted by masoud nekounam View Post
                    Positives:
                    Akhbari, he was outstanding
                    Cheshmi, unlucky with the penalty but showed tremendous experience at the back with his positional play to contain the speedy Qataris
                    Heydarieh, thought he did well both in defense and pushing up
                    Kamandari, needs to start next match
                    Torabi, single handedly changed the game
                    Motahari, good work ethic and got us a penalty, can't be blamed for lack of service

Kanani should never play RB again and our midfield was weak, unable to control the game and distribute the ball well.
                    Cheshmi needs a lot of work. I had high hopes for him, put not anymore. Did you even watch the whole match? Heydariye was wide open on the LB and could not contain Qataris there. Our LB was literary wide open for their attacks. I am a Persepolis fan but Heydariye was awful.

Comment

A flat defensive line is always very risky when the other team is only looking for counter attacks. I wonder what Khakpoor was thinking.

I wonder if this team had more than one strategy planned (or maybe half of one).
                      .... At the end I am nothing other than ordinary

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                        But we are talking about iran, a talented team that mental isnt good enough to score a penalty or win a penalty shoot out against the like ok korea iraq etc.. we always fail in olympic qualifications
                        I know man it looks bad, i am just hoping for a miracle that the team will fight for each other and get us the trophy without the coaches and their stupid plans

Comment

gannd zad in khakpoor, hamaye in bakht taghsire oon bood.

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                            Iran has a desatrous record in Olympics qualifications, even in senior asian cups and yet there is people that comes and talk big about winning cups, beating the likes of qatar that are nobody in the football map but against who we have all the difficulties.
                            We are outsiders in all this competitions nothing more
                            I can't agree more with you on Iran's failure in Asian tournaments, however let's please put aside TM under CQ, as our tram is yet to be beaten in official time by an Asian side...

We are speaking about U23 under Khakpour here. I sometimes wonder why he always downgrades his team. He has done this in the past! The whole point is that he could've easily come out as a victor!! Now he has to deal with a bitter Chinese side that has lost two games in a row while being down to 10 men! If he plays TOURABI we shouldn't have a problem winning against China.

The worst scenario would be Iran drawing China and Syria beating Qatar then we're out...
                            My point wasn't that we are going to win the tournament. I simply wished the history helps us again. Unlike what you claimed bro, under amateur games, Asian Games (Asian Olympic Games), we have a good record. I take you back to when we lost to Oman 4-2 in group stage and barely qualified, and later won the cup

You know? After all it's soccer. Khakpour team has been shaky all along, even in Tehran; his wrong strategies caused an embarrassing loss against a Saudi that had tied an Afghani side whom we crashed 6-0. I agree with you, with his moves; even with these talented kids we might fail which I hope it doesn't happen. I hope and wish that this early wake up call; wakes him up!

But you know the funny thing? Khakpour and MAYELI Kohen dare to criticize CQ; a coach who has kept our winning streak in Asia untouched even against likes of Japan!

I agree with you. However let's hope that history repeat itself at "tournament like style". We're lucky enough that the qualification method has changed in Asia and we get to still have a good chance to at least take the bronze and qualify. Hopefully!
                            sigpic
                            SUPPORT TEAM MELLI
                            IRAN
                            - IRAN - ONLY IRAN

IRAN OUT OF AFC NOW!

IRAN WILL ROCK IN ASIA AGAIN IF IRI IS OVERTHROWN... MUBARAK, BIN-ALI, NOW IT IS THE TURN FOR SEID ALI

Comment

Yek chizhaai emrooz askhkaar shod:

1. Khate defaai ham konde, ham kam nazme. Qatarihaa az in estefaade kardan va hamash toop raa poshte khate defaaimoon mindakhtan va har baar in kaar raa mikardan khatari mishod. Kondi raa mishe baa nazm hal kard. Khate defai raa injori jelo bekeshi va bekhai harif raa offside bezaari kaare kheili porriski ast, va didim ke gole avvaleshon bekhatere hamin shiveye baazi dar khate defai bood. Man Khakpour bodam khate defai raa mikeshidam paayin ta in goneh golhaa dige nakhorim.

2. Khate miyaaneh bi chang o dandoon baazi kard, bishtare toophaa dar miyanehey zamin be daste qatarihaa miyoftaad chon bishtar mijangidan.

3. Toophaaye havai baazimoon raa az kaar mindaaze, dar nimeye avval aslan az kenaarehaamoon estefaade nakardim va hich baazisaazi dar kaar nabood. Dar nimeye dovvom zaminitar baazi kardim va be baazikonhaaye kenaarimoon, be vijeh Torabi, toop raa dadim ta qatarihaa raa zire feshaar bezarim ke ta andaazei gozashtim va yek penalti gereftim va yek gol zadim.

Be nazare man baa Chin bayad sai konim toop raa be charkhesh bendazim, va harkate bishtari bedon toop konim, in hame kond ke dar nimeye avval baazi kardim baazi nakonim, toop ra gir nandaazim to khate defaa ke hey onja modafehaa be ham paas bedan, az sorate baazikonhaaye kenaarehaamoon estefadeh konim taa berim poshte khate defaie harif. Yek khate miyaneyeh jangandetari daashte baashim va yek khate defai ke baa havaase bishtar va nazme behtari dar zamin kaar bekone.

Be omide amalkarde behtari roberooye Chin.
                              DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

khakpoor got overconfident and he thought he could save key players for QF , etc. He miscalculated.
                                Also he should have asked the players to settle for a draw and not be so offensive when you know the opponent is fast and good in counterattacks.
                                China game should be easy but the players should not create drama as Sattar Zare did once.

Comment

Working...
                                X