2016 U23 Asian Cup MD 2: 15/01/2016: Iran - Qatar; Time, Date, Info and Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Matador View Post
    I think our players are natural attackers, when they go forward with the right tactics. Today the only tactic was sending inaccurate long balls which only caused us to lose possession and get hit on with counters by a pretty quick team. If we commit to playing an attacking game, then short ground passes with heavy pressing would be by far the better option. We lost today to lazy/stupid Iranian coaching. I have to say that today was a great response to anyone who thought that "overpaid" foreign coaches are useless to our football.
    We say that, but really when was the last time we saw consistent attacking team play (internationally, whether TM or ACL)? Really, all I can think of is 2006 TM, Sepahan during GN's time as coach, and Teraktor during Toni's first year.

We see some individual attacking brilliance from our players and assume that we are natural attackers. As a team, we see it few and far between, and that is what matters. I think in ACL even our defensive (or balanced) teams show more success. When we are attack-focused, we still don't score much, and we give up more goals on top of that.

Comment

Khakbarsar aka khakhpour says baziye lezatbakhshi a Faghat shootamoon gol nashod??!! What is wrong with this guy???!! Kick him out already'

Comment

This was all on khakpour. If we don't perform with this team regardless of the absences, we should be ashamed

Comment

Our defense was awful and full of mistakes
          To be honest if Qatar was a bit more professional team we should have lost 5-1
          The number one thing we need todo is fix our D asap

Comment

Originally posted by sarbaz View Post
            Our defense was awful and full of mistakes
            To be honest if Qatar was a bit more professional team we should have lost 5-1
            The number one thing we need todo is fix our D asap
            Yeah even with JB or so we still would not have won with that shitty defense. Poor marking, line too high, wtf is Khakpour doing.

Comment

Don't blame Khakpour....he is doing a great job. The problem was our defender (chesmi wasn't good yesterday the same for Akhbari and Kanaani).
              Remember the draw against Turkmenistan? Was Queiroz fault that we had 1-1 against Turkmenistan?!
              Now please be professionals and let's do the coach his job without saying always....what is he doing? khak bar sar khakpour? You are acting like kids!

Comment

Originally posted by littlepersia17 View Post
                So no one wants to talk about that penalty miss. because it was very average.
                As Youngsters we are told to pick out a corner, but he just picked a side. In the end he made it very easy for the Qatari keeper to save it.

Daneshgar was bad against Syria, but because we kept a clean sheet it didn't really matter. He also played bad today and was at fault for the second goal.
                That was a very poor penalty indeed. As a penalty taker you have to at least do one of 2 things:

1) Go for the farthest corners
                2) Hit the ball very hard

This way even if the goalkeeper guesses which way to dive it will be almost impossible to catch the ball.
                Cheshmi's penalty hardy had any angle to it and was not hit hard at all, hence the save by the keeper.

Comment

2016 U23 Asian Cup MD 2: 15/01/2016: Iran - Qatar; Time, Date, Info and Report

I feel like this loss can be a good Stick up the backside, because it will remind our players that we aren't the only ones that are eager to qualify for rio 2016.

I don't think we can blame the manager too much. All the players on the pitch underperformed greatly. There was no weak leak. They were all equally bad on the pitch.

I know some people on here say we had no plan, but I think we did originally have a plan but the players could not replicate that on the pitch.

BTW, it's looking very interesting in Saudi Arabia's group with Thailand second currently.

Comment

Originally posted by Matador View Post
                    I think our players are natural attackers, when they go forward with the right tactics. Today the only tactic was sending inaccurate long balls which only caused us to lose possession and get hit on with counters by a pretty quick team. If we commit to playing an attacking game, then short ground passes with heavy pressing would be by far the better option. We lost today to lazy/stupid Iranian coaching. I have to say that today was a great response to anyone who thought that "overpaid" foreign coaches are useless to our football.
                    The best analysis so far. Very true,
                    I have said the same in many years. Our players are natural attackers. It is allways the coaches who handicap them by their stupid gutless tactics. This is valid for all our age Groups incl. the adults TM.

Believe me or not: With no coaches at all they would destroy every opponent in Asia.
                    Just tell them: Go and play as you like, just fix the game.

Comment

Midonid shiveye defaie dirooz be ki yaadam endakht?

Zdenek Zeman. On hamishe khate defaie teamhaash raa mikeshe jelo va tileye offside mizare va gahi vaghtha ye 4-5 goli baraye hamin mikhore. Khaakpour divane bood in kaar raa kard.
                      DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

Khakpour's thoughts on the game.

http://footballitarin.com/link_page.php?id=274096

Comment

I'm disappointed at the result. But not exactly at how we played.
                          Yes, we did have defensive lapses that should not have happened, especially on the two Qatari goals in being too soon in offside trapping as well as how they Totally forgot to cover he far post. The t was criminal how they allowed the Qatari captain to waltz in and simply tap in. These are things that can be easily worked on with a little discipline.

But at the same time I must say the team and teamwork was quite satisfactory. We dominated the game for very long periods and we had quite a few chances to score . missed chances and the penalty as unfortunate and unlucky as they are, they're part of the game.

I'm just hoping they iron out these lapses. Will we advance? Almost definitely. We have the quality to go pas the Chinese. But our opponents in the next sage would definitely be much tougher.
                          I still have hope we make it this year

Comment

Originally posted by Damavand View Post
                            Khakpour's thoughts on the game.

http://footballitarin.com/link_page.php?id=274096
                            i dont get it?how we played good?the first 60 min we were very bad!only when ehsan and tourabi came we were good,

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan singapore View Post
                              i dont get it?how we played good?the first 60 min we were very bad!only when ehsan and tourabi came we were good,
                              I thought we were the better team for the first 10 min then we declined drastically until Torabi came in. Khakpour obviously was watching a different game.

Comment

Originally posted by Gucci10 View Post
                                Seriously Iranians fans should be banned from Instagram. They embarrass us.
                                From all social media commenting. Rudeness and low class behavior of Iranian cyber activities has reached its lowest!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X