AFC U23 Championship : Qatar 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bi-honar View Post
    Their senior teams has not been the greatest Kiarash jaan, but don't forget the U-23 reached the olympics as recently as 2008 and they reached the round of 16 in both the 2010 and 2014 Asian Games.

That's definitely the most impressive recent record of any teams in the group. I was not expecting them to be AMAZING by any means, but definitely didn't expect them to run out of steam like that with 30 minutes left in the match - certainly not against Qatar!
    That's because they hosted the 2008 olympics...

Comment

Originally posted by Bessos View Post
      That's because they hosted the 2008 olympics...

LMAO. This is what happens when I don't have my coffee in the morning

Comment

This is the official twitter account of Iran olympic committee (they control the omid team)

https://twitter.com/fiverings_ir

Comment

Qatari team is quick but we can beat them if we play a bit more gelled than we did today. It's a big advantage that we play China last while Qatar and Syria have to fight it out last game. We have one foot in the next round now, especially if China manages a point against Syria.

Lets not focus solely on Qatar since the point of the tournament is to qualify to the Olympics. We are one win closer to that dream.

Comment

its going to be pretty shaky without Sardar and the other missing players....

Comment

Our number one priority must be to qualify. The moral seems good, and the guys seem fit. We should be fine

Comment

Originally posted by persepolisfan View Post
                Our number one priority must be to qualify. The moral seems good, and the guys seem fit. We should be fine
                I agree, I dont care if we become nr. 1, 2 or 3. Lets just hope another Ben Williams incident wont happen...

Comment

Qatar vs China goals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYaKC4jKODM

Comment

Originally posted by Love TM View Post
                    rofl the qatari player is holding the chinese player, and the chinese player gets red carded just becuse he gets angry that some soosk is holding on to him. only in Asia and AFC, classic

Comment

The key was to get the 3 points against Syria. Now even a draw against Qatar would likely have Iran finish in 1st place. I'm pretty sure Iran would beat China in the last game by more goals than what Qatar would beat Syria, if they even beat them.

Comment

Originally posted by Love TM View Post
                        Beautiful free-kick by China. I must admit, the Qatar goals were all quality. Our boys have their work cut out for them, but I'm glad we're going up against them in the group stage, mainly because Qatari player Karim will still be suffering from hearing loss from the final whistle being blown in his ear =)

Comment

Ali Abdollahzadeh was one of good player today. For sure he will be watched by CQ for the next game and should he play as good as today he will be seriously considered for a TM call in future.

My post last year about Ahmad & Ali

Comment

what happened to Vakia?

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoss View Post
                              what happened to Vakia?
                              Injury.

Comment

Qatar will not be easy, then again, Japan will be more difficult.

Qatar's captain is deadly.
                                چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

Working...
                                X