Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toronto pulls one back just before HT

2-1 NYC FC up at the half

Not a bad half from Stevie boy, he won that free kick which resulted in the goal.....the goal can't be blamed on him given it was a clear handball on villa. He's been great pushing forward, passing, and a few good interceptions he's kept up very well with the NYC forward and midfield line
    Team Meli Iran
    Perspolis FC
    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Toronto's goalkeeper is awful

Comment

Game saving tackle from Beitashour in the 73rd min!

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

Beita just made a great tackle on a 1v1 and kept his team in the match. The announcers are really praising him
          راه یکی است و آن راستی است

Comment

And Giovinco just tied it 2-2
            راه یکی است و آن راستی است

Comment

Beitashour with a great tackle in the box to save TFC from conceding a 3rd, nice job....the commentators are praising him calling it "a game saving tackle"
              Team Meli Iran
              Perspolis FC
              Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

For everything good Steven is doing this game he has a slight mess up to match it....caught sleeping when he lost his man who should've headed in a header from the 6 yard box. He needs to tighten it up in the back he is very weak at marking his man his biggest weakness IMO
                Team Meli Iran
                Perspolis FC
                Malavan Bandar Anzali

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                  Beitashour with a great tackle in the box to save TFC from conceding a 3rd, nice job....the commentators are praising him calling it "a game saving tackle"
                  Basically he tripped over his own feet and the player walked into him lol. In fact Beita's defensive positioning has been atrocious. His crosses and movement forward has been good but his defensive game leaves me wanting more. Just now a cross in the box and he was behind his player almost a headed goal!
                  Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Beita takes elbow to head from Lopez, yellow to Lopez

Btw everything that is wrong with the MLS can be seen in this game. The pitch is 5 yards smaller than a traditional football pitch because they are playing in a baseball stadium. The fans are removed on one side, and in the goalkeepers net on the other side. The baseball mound is visible and covered with plastic and the diamond intersects the field...urgh.

Comment

Beitashour and Giovinco have stood out for me. Beitashour won Toronto a free kick that led to a goal, he made a game saving tackle right before the equalizer, and he put in a nice little dribble on Pirlo. His passing and headers have been great but he needs to improve on his marking.

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

Originally posted by Team Melli Fan View Post
                        Beitashour and Giovinco have stood out for me. Beitashour won Toronto a free kick that led to a goal, he made a game saving tackle right before the equalizer, and he put in a nice little dribble on Pirlo. His passing and headers have been great but he needs to improve on his marking.
                        He is a defender, and his marking was poor to say the least. He went down too easy on the handball goal, fair enough it was handball. The supposed stellar challenge he made was really just him flopping in front of the player, and had the ball squeezed by he would have been penalized with a PK...very fortunate. He played better last game, and for a defender, sometimes uneventful is better.

Giovinco, David Villa, and at times Pirlo were the only real stars in the match worth noting. You could make a case for Bradley too although it wasn't a superb performance.

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
                          Basically he tripped over his own feet and the player walked into him lol. In fact Beita's defensive positioning has been atrocious. His crosses and movement forward has been good but his defensive game leaves me wanting more. Just now a cross in the box and he was behind his player almost a headed goal!
                          Yeah he had no clue where his man was and went into that challenge very weakly hence why Lopez owned it he was real unlucky to not convert that. He started out pretty well defensively but the second half he had a few suspect moments. Overall it was an average performance he saved TFC of a goal and won the free kick that got them their first goal so he had some strong moments but that backwards pass that got intercepted and the cross into the box easily could've cost him he was just lucky on those two instances.
                          Team Meli Iran
                          Perspolis FC
                          Malavan Bandar Anzali

Comment

NYC FC 2:2 Toronto FC Highlights:

http://www.torontofc.ca/post/2016/03...?autoplay=true

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
                              Beita takes elbow to head from Lopez, yellow to Lopez

Btw everything that is wrong with the MLS can be seen in this game. The pitch is 5 yards smaller than a traditional football pitch because they are playing in a baseball stadium. The fans are removed on one side, and in the goalkeepers net on the other side. The baseball mound is visible and covered with plastic and the diamond intersects the field...urgh.
                              wow is it really 5 yards smaller? didnt know if that was even legal, i thought all the fields have to be a standard size

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
                                wow is it really 5 yards smaller? didnt know if that was even legal, i thought all the fields have to be a standard size
                                There are some measurements that a pitch have to be within to be accepted, not just one size.

Comment

Working...
                                X