Steven Beitashour @ Toronto FC | 2015/16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Toronto FC adds experience, skill and character in three latest signings

Toronto FC wrapped up a productive week Friday, bolstering its roster with Canadian international midfielder Will Johnson and Iranian international defender Steven Beitashour.

Toronto hopes Beitashour, a 28-year-old California native whose parents were born in Iran, will finally stabilize the right side of the backline.

"Our team defence and our right back position in particular was an area we wanted to address this off-season," GM Tim Bezbatchenko said. "In our mind, Steven is one of the top right backs in the league. "

"We've had our eyes set on Steven for a number of not just months but years," he added.

Beitashour spent four seasons in San Jose with Justin Morrow, Toronto's left fullback, with Morrow attending Beitashour's wedding.

Morrow and Beitashour will likely flank Moor and Polish international Damien Perquis next season in an improved but costly backline.

"Toronto's doing a lot of good things right now," Beitashour said. "They deserve a winning team and hopefully I can help bring that winning to the club. I'm excited for the next two years.""

http://www.610cktb.com/SportsCP/Article.aspx?id=491936

Comment

So, we can expect all Iranians in Toronto to start support their team now, right? I see what that team did there

Comment

http://www.torontofc.ca/post/2015/12...xMrt_d4Lj28xuW

In the end of his interview he was asked about TM and he said he hopes to be called up again and that being 5-6 hours closer to Iran was a factor in his decision to move to Toronto

Comment

this doesnt really motivate me to watch tfc games

Comment

first press interview at TFC:
            https://www.facebook.com/StevenBeita...58665194184543

Interesting how TM related questions were asked on multiple occasions. Hope to see him back soon
            Team Meli Iran
            Perspolis FC
            Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

beita turns 29 today, happy birthday esteevie
              Team Meli Iran
              Perspolis FC
              Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Esteeeeeev!

Comment

Happy bert-deyyy!!

Comment

Happy Birthday Man! We like to have you back in our team so we can finally get rid of Khosro Heydari!

Comment

Sad to see him leave Vancouver.I met him a few times,He is a class act.Great guy too.Whocares he doesn't get called up to TM.He is going to be a good solid addition to TFC line up.I don't get why people are bashing him.His not good enough to play in TM so be it there a few players who are in TM that shouldn't be either.His still a good RB,I just don't understand why people can say he sucks.His not the best RB choice for TM but don't forget he is also half American too.In Iran there are people who don't want a half American playing for TM.Look at how many times we have had the CQ debate vs vatani coach come up in the last 2 years. But SB is a good MLS defender and a great individual.

Comment

Originally posted by mehdiKia15 View Post
                        Sad to see him leave Vancouver.I met him a few times,He is a class act.Great guy too.Whocares he doesn't get called up to TM.He is going to be a good solid addition to TFC line up.I don't get why people are bashing him.His not good enough to play in TM so be it there a few players who are in TM that shouldn't be either.His still a good RB,I just don't understand why people can say he sucks.His not the best RB choice for TM but don't forget he is also half American too.In Iran there are people who don't want a half American playing for TM.Look at how many times we have had the CQ debate vs vatani coach come up in the last 2 years. But SB is a good MLS defender and a great individual.
                        No one cares that he is American.
                        The goalkeeping coach is American for example.

Comment

Originally posted by mehdiKia15 View Post
                          Whocares he doesn't get called up to TM.
                          It's Persianfootball, not MLS forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                            It's Persianfootball, not MLS forum.
                            if ur going to say that about steven i suggest you say and do the same about Aria.

Comment

Originally posted by saadat_abad View Post
                              if ur going to say that about steven i suggest you say and do the same about Aria.
                              SAVAGE[emoji1]

Comment

Another good interview by Esteevie boy:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/...erica-iran-mls
                                Team Meli Iran
                                Perspolis FC
                                Malavan Bandar Anzali

Comment

Working...
                                X