No announcement yet.

Steven Beitashour @ Toronto FC | 2015/16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its not steven's farsi that is an issue. We need to allow players that will be useful in the next world cup develop through the qualification process and friendlies. Beitashour will 31 during the next world cup. He has been declining in form over the years. By giving younger new players play time, we allow more exposure of the young talent in iran to the rest of the world. European sides usually want to sign younger players that will be a good investment and grow in value over time.

Comment

^ I also highly doubt it's a language issue, his farsi is more than good enough for communication on the pitch.

I'd say that CQ probably is thinking few years ahead, trying to build a team for the future, and Beitashour is not really young or that good to be an "indispensable" call-up when compared to our other options, which makes calling him up slightly unnecessary. In short, he wouldn't really help us in the present and won't be that beneficial in the future, he isn't as good as Ghafouri and Rezaeian although he can be as good on his best days, so there is no need to call him in addition to these guys to fill up a slot that could be used for another younger guy like Torabi for instance which will be crucial in few years.

I think that people are making this bigger than it actually is, there is no real reason that needs to be given or conspiracy theories to be created for him not being called up to TM

Comment

Originally posted by Z Joon View Post
        ^ I also highly doubt it's a language issue, his farsi is more than good enough for communication on the pitch.

I'd say that CQ probably is thinking few years ahead, trying to build a team for the future, and Beitashour is not really young or that good to be an "indispensable" call-up when compared to our other options, which makes calling him up slightly unnecessary. In short, he wouldn't really help us in the present and won't be that beneficial in the future, he isn't as good as Ghafouri and Rezaeian although he can be as good on his best days, so there is no need to call him in addition to these guys to fill up a slot that could be used for another younger guy like Torabi for instance which will be crucial in few years.

I think that people are making this bigger than it actually is, there is no real reason that needs to be given or conspiracy theories to be created for him not being called up to TM
        That's the good thing with CQ. The lineup for a few years is already there, he has plan b as well. He is a mastermind in these things preparing early.

Comment

I think cq had two things in mind when inviting foreign players to tm wc campaign, to utilize their talents when needed, but most importantly, to insert the disciplined mindset and higher level of professionalism into the domestic players by having the foreign born/based players around while kicking out the sht disturbers at the same time,...

ستايشگر آموزگاری هستم که انديشيدن را
          به من بياموزد و نه انديشه ها را. زرتشت

Comment

why do you think Klinsman didnt invite him for USMNT again after one short stint..!? and exactly what was the reasons he gave for that decision..???

he said that he simply had More Talented options for his RB, and did not Rate him Much..!

same is true for most part as far as TM and CQ is concerned.

Like I said from the get go way back when he was just on TM scouts radar, Esteeve has a MLS good reputation well beyond his actual quality..! he just isnt as good of a defender as hyped up..!!
            Besides he has this Arrogant aura about his personality that also is a definite Turn-off for CQ who demands self-less, 100% committed service to the shirt, from All of his TM players and is very quick to dispose of any who dont, regardless of how much their football quality is needed at TM..!

Comment

^ He lives 15 hours away from Iran. That just doesn't work for TM.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
              .... At the end I am nothing other than ordinary

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                why do you think Klinsman didnt invite him for USMNT again after one short stint..!? and exactly what was the reasons he gave for that decision..???
                he said that he simply had More Talented options for his RB, and did not Rate him Much..!
                same is true for most part as far as TM and CQ is concerned.
                Like I said from the get go way back when he was just on TM scouts radar, Esteeve has a MLS good reputation well beyond his actual quality..! he just isnt as good of a defender as hyped up..!!
                Besides he has this Arrogant aura about his personality that also is a definite Turn-off for CQ who demands self-less, 100% committed service to the shirt, from All of his TM players and is very quick to dispose of any who dont, regardless of how much their football quality is needed at TM..!
                You can't seriously compare USA's RB's to the likes of heydari, Ghafouri, and Rezaeian you realize that right? Beita's competition was way, way different in the USMNT in comparison to TM.

The fact is simple, Ghafouri is the only really solid option we have. He is definitely better than beita....but after him there is definitely nobody clear cut ahead of him. Montazeri can play well in that spot too but CQ hasn't played him there in a while. CQ's job is to prepare for the 2018 WC and how he can qualify TM....having beita as a second option and having him as a consistent call up would be a smart move in the event that Ghafouri is unavailable for TM duties.
                Team Meli Iran
                Perspolis FC
                Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

I don't think Beitashours defence is not what CQ wanted in a RB. He really isn't strong in his defensive responsibilities and it made no sense for CQ to carry on with him in his squad with his counter attacking strategies.
                  Furthermore IPL overall is a far better league than MLS talent wise.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                    You can't seriously compare USA's RB's to the likes of heydari, Ghafouri, and Rezaeian you realize that right? Beita's competition was way, way different in the USMNT in comparison to TM.
                    Why can't we compare USA's RBs to ours dadash? Who are their RBs? I think it's perfectly fine and realistic to compare it, it's not like we are talking about a European or South American NT with top league RBs, I don't think that they are much better than us in that position.

I'd say Beitashour has pretty much as much chances to get into the US national team as TM, maybe slightly more chances with Iran but not to a point where we can say that they are much better, and his current TM situation reflects that (unless you decide to believe the conspiracy theories about him not being invited for non-footballing reasons)

Comment

USA's starting RB is Fabian Johnson, plays for Borussia Mönchengladbach who are currently 5th in 1.Bundesliga. So no, you can't compare our RBs with theirs (as much as I hate to say it)

Comment

Originally posted by Navid_M View Post
                        USA's starting RB is Fabian Johnson, plays for Borussia Mönchengladbach who are currently 5th in 1.Bundesliga. So no, you can't compare our RBs with theirs (as much as I hate to say it)
                        Isn't Fabian Johnson USA's LB and LM/LW? He isn't exactly a natural RB, I've seen him play several times and he very rarely plays in RB, at least for his clubs. And if he was the starting RB, there's a huge gap between him and the rest of their NT choices in that position, just because they have one decent choice doesn't mean that we can't compare our RBs to their RB choices in general, it would be incredibly overrating their team

Comment

Fabian Johnson hasent played right back consistently for the u.s in a few years. It's like saying khosro heidari is Iran's starting right back.

It seems like their rb position is very unstable with different players almost every game

Comment

Originally posted by ali alipour View Post
                            Fabian Johnson hasent played right back consistently for the u.s in a few years. It's like saying khosro heidari is Iran's starting right back.

It seems like their rb position is very unstable with different players almost every game
                            Wrong, last world cup he started all games as RB.

Comment

Originally posted by Navid_M View Post
                              Wrong, last world cup he started all games as RB.
                              Thats why i said a few years its almost 2016 not june 2014 anymore. Hes barely started any games at rb since then look it up

Comment

Originally posted by Z Joon View Post
                                Isn't Fabian Johnson USA's LB and LM/LW? He isn't exactly a natural RB, I've seen him play several times and he very rarely plays in RB, at least for his clubs. And if he was the starting RB, there's a huge gap between him and the rest of their NT choices in that position, just because they have one decent choice doesn't mean that we can't compare our RBs to their RB choices in general, it would be incredibly overrating their team
                                If
                                You don't wanna count Johnson then we can go with deandre yedlin. Can't say he is a starter because he doesn't strt every game but he isn't a bench player either . Anyways he plays for Tottenham ( on loan to Sunderland )so we honestly can't compare .

Comment

Working...
                                X