No announcement yet.

Steven Beitashour @ Toronto FC | 2015/16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guy cant speak Farsi and this is not good!!! What did CQ say after the Syria Draw : " We need a leader on the pitch!"
    now imagine that leader speaks and Beita says " Say whaaaat??"

Comment

Originally posted by eerooni View Post
      Guy cant speak Farsi and this is not good!!! What did CQ say after the Syria Draw : " We need a leader on the pitch!"
      He can speak enough farsi to hold a conversation. Did you not see his interview on Navad?

Comment

Originally posted by eerooni View Post
        *facepalm*

Comment

Originally posted by Afat11 View Post
          Proud of Beita, glad he is back making an impression. I believe that he is strongest as a RWB in a 3 at the back or 5 at the back formation. I don't know how he would play in CQ's formation. It may be why he looked a bit shaky in previous TM outings. He is solid going up and down the field and breaking up play, but his 1 v. 1 defense is not the strongest.

I wonder why CQ never tried a 3-5-2 with TM. With Mohammadi being a workhorse down the wings, and Rezaeian being able to run the flanks as well, TM might be more capable with this formation.

Imagine:

-------------------GK----------------------
          ----Montazeri-Hosseini-Pouraligangi----
          Rezaeian-Ezatollahi-Hajsafi-Mohammadi
          --------Jahanbakhsh-Ghoddos----------
          ------------------Azmoun----------------

I feel like this formation may better suit TM's compact play with strong counter attacks. I hope we will test it. Obviously, we have depth in every position at the moment and could choose different players if Ghoddos or another player don't show themselves to earn a spot in the starting lineup, just wishful thinking in case it is tested.

If this formation were used, I think Beitashour would be a great choice to alternate with Rezaeian instead of Ghafouri, who I feel is being phased out.
          Holy shit bro that 3-5-2 formation looks just great both in attack and defence but it needs time to be adjusted but i have to say if we can adjust that our counter attacks would be so OP but i wonder if Hosseini and Montazeri can handle those positions as those 3 in 3-5-2 must have good pace i know PAG can handle. Also the good thing is we can switch to 5-3-2 throughout the game if needed.
          Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things and no good thing ever dies.

Comment

I highly doubt we will switch formation at this point, although I would have liked to see it. Our full backs( vouria/ ramin and milad ) are ideal wing backs and that would maximize their involvement, while having our three Best defenders on the pitch at once.

Comment

Minnesota United fan page list SB as a potential pickup for next season:

"Offseason Preview: The Free Agent Market
              Continuing our too-early look at the offseason: here’s a look at who the Loons could target in Free Agency

With only a handful of games in the inaugural season left, it is time for those that cover Minnesota United to look towards next season. The lists of potential free agents have been released and FourFourTwo ranked those that appear to be the top targets.

Steven Beitashour
              Steven Beitashour was one of the main players that I was hoping would not be protected prior to the Expansion Draft. The Iranian national player is one of the most consistent fullbacks in the league and putting him opposite Jerome Thiesson would be a great way to start 2018.

Beitashour is likely to be highly sought after as he has contributed 5 assists this season. But as Paul Tenorio points out in the FourFourTwo article, Beitashour is likely set for a hefty salary and hefty cap hit. But, if the Loons want to spend on him, he would be a good addition.""

https://www.epluribusloonum.com/2017...ey-free-agents

Comment

^ glad to hear that Steven is so well respected in the MLS. I am happy to hear that he is performing, I am sure if Carlos sees fit, he will invite him again. Either way, he has our full support!
                --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Beitashour just won the MLS Supporters Shield.

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

If TFC win one and draw the other at least, they'll break LA's 68 point record from 1998 (which ironically TFC's current head coach, Greg Vanney, was a part of)

Comment

This may have been discussed previously, but I think something happened after the world cup bc CQ didn't invite him or Daniel Davari. I think with Davari's case he refused to come to one of the training camps bc he was having a baby in near future..
                      sigpic

Comment

To anyone who's interested, TFC just broke the all-time points record today at 69 points (lel... "69"). Beitashour is now part of a historical moment in MLS football.

Comment

Giovinco inspires me to be a better person in life.

Comment

New York Red Bulls 1:2 Toronto FC (Playoffs 1st leg)

*Steven started the match and played the full 90 mins.
                            *TFC goes into the second (Home) leg with 2 away goals.

"It was tightly-contested match with several swings in momentum, but TFC’s two road goals puts them in the driver’s seat.

As expected, Toronto coach Greg Vanney deployed his “A-team,” with the only decision he had to make was whether to opt for Steven Beitashour or Nicolas Hasler at right wingback. He ended up going with Beitashour, the more defensive option."

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/giovi...lls-first-leg/

Comment

I really want to know what happened with Beitashour during his time with Team Melli.

I remember the players said Daniel and Mehrdad hung out by themselves and alone.

One still wonders if Farsi and the distance he has to travel the reason why Beitashour was not called up again. I wonder if it was mutual.

I would like to read or hear what he has to say about his time with Team Melli.

Comment

He could have been on the US's bench at least by now. If I were him I'd be pissed for not getting called up. The guy is talented enough to at least train with TM and display his talents. All the teams he has been on have had amazing defense (relative to MLS standards).

Comment

Working...
                                X