Amir Ghalenoei is back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by teammelli1 View Post
    As soon as he said the reason Team Melli qualified to the World Cup was because of him, I turned off the television.

It was true that the majority of players in the national team were from Esteghlal. And yes, Ghalenoei did well by winning the league and getting Esteghlal to the semi-finals of 2013 ACL.

But it was very rude the way he spoke about it and how he boasted about himself. After that I lost some respect for that guy.
    I don't think he ever said "TM qualified because of Amir GN", in those words. I have seen some footages and read some articles about of him talking about this matter. What he usually hinted on was the fact that the vast majority of TM players were from Esteghlal (at one point even up to 8-9 starters) and that the form and fitness of these players was instrumental and crucial during our WC campaign.

The players were mentally very strong, were full of confidence, in great form and their psychological mindset was very high. There was not much hashiye at Esteghlal (at least not in a way it has been in the past) and all that contributed to players being able to deliver both in our domestic league, as well as in the ACL and the WCQ's. Many other football figures/analysts said the same thing btw.

I think GN just wanted some recognition, which imo still stems from the time he was TM coach and didn't believe he was treated/rated rightfully.

Anyway, this is no biggie. In Holland coaches and analysts say these things all the time. Sometimes even the coach of the club with the most representatives (f.e. Ajax or Feyenoord) is criticized when their NT players are out of form and mentally unstable. On the other hand, the coaches get praised if these players are all fit, mentally strong and in good shape.
    Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli1 View Post
      As soon as he said the reason Team Melli qualified to the World Cup was because of him, I turned off the television.

It was true that the majority of players in the national team were from Esteghlal. And yes, Ghalenoei did well by winning the league and getting Esteghlal to the semi-finals of 2013 ACL.

But it was very rude the way he spoke about it and how he boasted about himself. After that I lost some respect for that guy.
      He didn't even watch the game against Korea since he was asleep

Comment

Comment

^^this video reminds me of Ahmadinejad when people would boo him or hackle him, and he still had the ignorance and audacity to push forward among all the dismay of the people.

these fans may not be much but many more did not come to boo him, 1 or 2 bad results and the fire will expand and he will be boo and hooo at every game!!

What is with the ignorance of these coaches that they insist on coaching while they know they are not wanted by the fans?!? have some respect for yourself and realize that the people do not want you, but being stubborn you are just insulting the intelligence of people.
          IRI = FAILED

Comment

Too bad...it was a breath of fresh air not to see this guy around for some time, but good to see Teraktor fans protesting. I think they should have brought back Rasoul Khatibi who already was doing a fine job. Still I am sure Ghale will revive the team, he is the best for short term results and has his own shady connections in the league. Will be difficult because he does not have the stars he usually needs and ACL is also knocking at the door...can he finally prove something internationally?

Waiting for him to add Oladi, Nikbakht, Enayati or P.Nouri to the team lol, like he desperately did with SS to get results.
            Formerly known as Persianking!
            Follow me @
            instagram/iranscout
            instagram/nariman_iranscout

Comment

Working...
            X