No announcement yet.

iran greatest generation not to make the world cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel young when I read these posts, my earliest memories were that from the 2004 Asian Cup. I remember that watching with my brother on the satellite channel Tapesh with incredibly shitty quality and Mehran Molkara as commentary, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
      I feel young when I read these posts, my earliest memories were that from the 2004 Asian Cup. I remember that watching with my brother on the satellite channel Tapesh with incredibly shitty quality and Mehran Molkara as commentary, lol.
      Baba chi migi you still are young. Before I saw that it was your post, reading this post I was thinking this is probably one of those 40 year old PFDC members.

Comment

Originally posted by Damavand View Post
        I was at Aryamehr stadium that day for the return leg against Australia. By min 31 we were up 2-0 and had 59 min to score one more goal. A goal in which unfortunately never came.

Australia 3 Iran 0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rABLby6H1fA

Iran 2 Australia 0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTYc8SkNfMg

Enjoy!

Comment

Hopefully for WC 2018 we will have the greatest generation that DO MAKE IT to the final round of the WC and qualifies to the knockout stage of the WC... and all the way up to the final
          sigpic

Zendeh bad IRAN
          >-----------------<
          Marg bar dictator
          >-----------------<

Comment

Originally posted by Damavand View Post
            I would not say Australia was better. The reason they won the first leg 3-0 was the coaching staff's fault. A few days before the match they took the team to play a useless friendly against New Zealand which only resulted in some of our key players like Parvin getting injured and missing the first leg.

Still we should have been able to settle the score back in Tehran but as I already mentioned, luck was not on our side that day.
            Years ago I read an interview with one of the players in that team that said the kiwis were told to injure a few of our players on purpose to help their Australian friends. I hope that is not true.

Comment

Originally posted by _Navid_ View Post
              Years ago I read an interview with one of the players in that team that said the kiwis were told to injure a few of our players on purpose to help their Australian friends. I hope that is not true.
              So many things went wrong in that game. The coaching staff had no idea what they will be facing and what tactics or strategies they need to implement. And not 100% their fault, as in those days and age, it wasn't like you obtain videos in advance and you have a team and does nothing by analyze the opponent. Australia had a very tall and physical strong team that year. Our team was overshadowed by the physical presence. The Aussies, arranged for the game to be played at Sydney stadium, which was basically a rugby field. It was longer and wider than most normal soccer fields. The lines on the field were confusing because the rugby lines were still visible. That caused our our players to get confused where to handle the ball. The friendly with Kiwis just a couple of days before the game, left key players with injuries that caused them to miss the game. The team arriving in Sydney was tired and lacked a game plan. by minute 25 Iran just ran out of juice and throw the towel. Aussies really hammered us and the score could have been a lot worse than 3-0.

When we faced them in Tehran it was a different story all together. Realizing the mistakes in Sydney, our coaching staff did well, revamping strategy and tactics. It almost worked but we just ran out of luck. Aussies went to Germany and perhaps rightfully so, as they were a better team at the end of the day.

4 years later, it was a different story altogether. We beat them 1-0 in Sydney and 1-0 at home. Australia has not managed to defeat Iran since the 3-0 in 1974.

Comment

The 2002 generation beat Ireland who eliminated Netherlands in the European qualifier.

Comment

Originally posted by Kavian View Post
                  So many things went wrong in that game. The coaching staff had no idea what they will be facing and what tactics or strategies they need to implement. And not 100% their fault, as in those days and age, it wasn't like you obtain videos in advance and you have a team and does nothing by analyze the opponent. Australia had a very tall and physical strong team that year. Our team was overshadowed by the physical presence. The Aussies, arranged for the game to be played at Sydney stadium, which was basically a rugby field. It was longer and wider than most normal soccer fields. The lines on the field were confusing because the rugby lines were still visible. That caused our our players to get confused where to handle the ball. The friendly with Kiwis just a couple of days before the game, left key players with injuries that caused them to miss the game. The team arriving in Sydney was tired and lacked a game plan. by minute 25 Iran just ran out of juice and throw the towel. Aussies really hammered us and the score could have been a lot worse than 3-0.

When we faced them in Tehran it was a different story all together. Realizing the mistakes in Sydney, our coaching staff did well, revamping strategy and tactics. It almost worked but we just ran out of luck. Aussies went to Germany and perhaps rightfully so, as they were a better team at the end of the day.

4 years later, it was a different story altogether. We beat them 1-0 in Sydney and 1-0 at home. Australia has not managed to defeat Iran since the 3-0 in 1974.
                  Thanks. I appreciate the detailed info.

Comment

On the other end of the spectrum. How bad was the 2010 team?

Comment

Originally posted by _Navid_ View Post
                      Thanks. I appreciate the detailed info.
                      Thank you. Glad to know it was useful.

Cheers!
                      Kavian

Comment

Baba we will make it, and Joma shall sponsor us!!

Comment

Originally posted by littlepersia17 View Post
                          On the other end of the spectrum. How bad was the 2010 team?
                          was actually not that bad, but lack in leadership and coach, ali daei was not the right coach and ghotbi could not inspire the players, even though he was better than ali daei

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                            Undoubtedly our team for the 1986 and 1990 World Cups.
                            EXCATLY!
                            I second that.

Soltani, Panjali, Mallaghouchian, Sharokh and Shahin Bayani, Changiz, Pius, (Nasser) Mohammadkhani, Mayeli Kohan (yes as a player, fighting horse), Namjoo Motlagh, Hassanzadeh, Ghayeghran, Moharrami*, Derakhshan**.....

man,... that was a strong TM!
                            If there was no revolution and Iraq war, this team would have made it to either 86 or 90 (or possibly both) world cups with surprising results.
                            * edited - thanks KC for reminding me.
                            ** edited - thanks rooyintan for reminding me
                            CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Adesor Vafaseya View Post
                              EXCATLY!
                              I second that.

Soltani, Panjali, Mallaghouchian, Sharokh and Shahin Bayani, Changiz, Pius, (Nasser) Mohammadkhani, Mayeli Kohan (yes as a player, fighting horse), Namjoo Motlagh, Hassanzadeh, Ghayeghran.....

man,... that was a strong TM!
                              If there was no revolution and Iraq war, this team would have made it to either 86 or 90 (or possibly both) world cups with surprising results.
                              How could you possibly forget Mojtaba Brehme Moharrami?
                              I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                                How could you possibly forget Mojtaba Brehme Moharrami?
                                YES! You are right! How could I?
                                my bad.

edited the original post and added him. thanks.

I like Breheme Nickname...
                                CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X